Jump to content
IGNORED

Conway, O. Edwards, Towler & Pearson sign new deals


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Conway is the one I’m most excited by.  Very mature both off the pitch and in it.

You’re probably the man for this question Fevs, what’s Britton’s contract status? Really like the (brief) look of him. Big physical 9 with an eye for goal, yes please. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Brittain up next?

 

12 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Britton @ 9 ?

I heard a couple weeks ago that he wasn’t offered the same level of deal as the others. Idk if that means he was offered lesser terms or guaranteed years or even if means he will or won’t sign. Just something I heard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Conway is the one I’m most excited by.  Very mature both off the pitch and in it.

Leaving home so young meant he had to grow up quickly.  

I remember seeing a programme years ago about the crop of Irish players at Arsenal that included O'Leary, Brady, Rice, Nelson etc.  All had to leave Ireland at 15 to come to Arsenal.

Experiences like that give you character.  Conway had to move from the security of family and friends.  (Even though in his case they were that far away).   Sometimes in life you need to go through some hardship to make to who you are.  

Interesting you are so keen on Conway.   Bell and Scott seem to be the ones most are talking about.  Why Conway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

You’re probably the man for this question Fevs, what’s Britton’s contract status? Really like the (brief) look of him. Big physical 9 with an eye for goal, yes please. 

Club exercised the one-year option we had a couple of weeks ago.  So he’s contracted til next summer.  Wouldn’t surprise me if club are trying to tie him down for longer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Conway is the one I’m most excited by.  Very mature both off the pitch and in it.

Leaving home at 15 meant he had to grow up quick.  Character building.   Bell and Scott seem to be most people's favourites, how come Conway for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

"All my family are Rovers fans, all my mates are Rovers fans, but at the end of the day, there's only One Team In Bristol". Good lad.

 

 

What a snake 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Leaving home so young meant he had to grow up quickly.  

I remember seeing a programme years ago about the crop of Irish players at Arsenal that included O'Leary, Brady, Rice, Nelson etc.  All had to leave Ireland at 15 to come to Arsenal.

Experiences like that give you character.  Conway had to move from the security of family and friends.  (Even though in his case they were that far away).   Sometimes in life you need to go through some hardship to make to who you are.  

Interesting you are so keen on Conway.   Bell and Scott seem to be the ones most are talking about.  Why Conway?

Because I think he plays a style way beyond his years.  Comes short, goes long, links up, aware of the need to play as a pair, uses his body well….as well as quick, and unfazed by Championship football.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Because I think he plays a style way beyond his years.  Comes short, goes long, links up, aware of the need to play as a pair, uses his body well….as well as quick, and unfazed by Championship football.

Agree, I think he has done really well in the toughest place to play on the pitch.

Good work rate, makes smart runs & his finish at Millwall was first class.

Be interesting to see our plans for all those who have signed new contracts today but he might be the one who sticks around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Because I think he plays a style way beyond his years.  Comes short, goes long, links up, aware of the need to play as a pair, uses his body well….as well as quick, and unfazed by Championship football.

We really have missed a quick striker that plays on the shoulder and makes clever runs.  Afobe was great for his cameo last season.  Hopefully, players like Palmer and Bakinson can play him in if they perform at the right level.

30 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

This 

This excites me

Young players who can, and hopefully will. 

Suggests we're back to five pillars ish and not forever loaning out. 

If we do I'll be so very disappointed. 

I still believe alot of the loans have worked well.  Just look at Vyner.  The HPC and having the U23 training together on the same site as the first team will give NP and staff a better view of young players so maybe that will mean the better ones are more involved with us.   It'll still need a mix of the two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

This 

This excites me

Young players who can, and hopefully will. 

Suggests we're back to five pillars ish and not forever loaning out. 

If we do I'll be so very disappointed. 

Even if these four only get a half a dozen starts and similar amounts of sub time, I feel it is worth more than a whole season in League One or Two because they will be playing with those that they train with every day. The more they get game time with City, the better they will fit in if and/or when they get regular starts. 

This number of young Academy lads becoming full time pro's with City is reminding me of the late 1960's youth teams that provided so many to the squad that got promotion to Division One. Another two or three like Gerry Gow, Tom Ritchie and Geoff Merrick will be wonderful. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Even if these four only get a half a dozen starts and similar amounts of sub time, I feel it is worth more than a whole season in League One or Two because they will be playing with those that they train with every day. The more they get game time with City, the better they will fit in if and/or when they get regular starts. 

This number of young Academy lads becoming full time pro's with City is reminding me of the late 1960's youth teams that provided so many to the squad that got promotion to Division One. Another two or three like Gerry Gow, Tom Ritchie and Geoff Merrick will be wonderful. 

There is a lot to be said for this CA.

If Pearson wants to run a trimmer squad he needs to be able to call up the u23s who are next in line to play.  Not be restricted because they are out on loan and therefore not available to him.

It is a fine balance though.

There were parts of last season when Towler and Bell, despite training with the first team, saw no football at all.  That was of course partly down to Covid bubbles.  Hopefully that is no longer an issue plus they are all based at Failand going forward.

There will undoubtedly some who go out on loan, but I don’t think it will all of them.  21/22 might be the year to do things a bit different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Conway, O. Edwards, Towler & Pearson sign new deals
7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There is a lot to be said for this CA.

If Pearson wants to run a trimmer squad he needs to be able to call up the u23s who are next in line to play.  Not be restricted because they are out on loan and therefore not available to him.

It is a fine balance though.

There were parts of last season when Towler and Bell, despite training with the first team, saw no football at all.  That was of course partly down to Covid bubbles.  Hopefully that is no longer an issue plus they are all based at Failand going forward.

There will undoubtedly some who go out on loan, but I don’t think it will all of them.  21/22 might be the year to do things a bit different.

Surely the reason they saw no football at all  was because they were simply not ready. The hype around Ryley Towler, for example, was laughable. Not his fault but nowhere near ready last season.

Developing young players is all well and good but the Championship is a ruthless league in which to blood them, especially in a struggling side. The hype surrounding our young players is misguided. Most, if not all, won’t be consistently effective in the Championship for another two-three years, if that. A cold, hard fact despite all the romanticism.

The only who really interests me in the short term is Alex Scott, but he’s still so young so you never quite know how he will develop.

 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...