IGNORED

Marcus Maddison

Silvio Dante

If you recall, Marcus Maddison - previously very highly rated at Peterborough and with a champ loan at Hull as recently as last season, spent time recently on loan at Bolton in league 2. After cutting short the loan spell, he stated that he wasn’t enjoying football, and may decide to walk away.

Bear in mind he’s only 27.

Today, Maddison has signed for Spalding Utd. Northern Premier League. Step 7 of the pyramid - Yate Town and WSM level. Managed by an ex posh teammate in Gabriel Zakuani.

Clearly, Marcus’s mental health is worth more than money to him and we should all wish him well in this move.

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you recall, Marcus Maddison - previously very highly rated at Peterborough and with a champ loan at Hull as recently as last season, spent time recently on loan at Bolton in league 2. After cutting short the loan spell, he stated that he wasn’t enjoying football, and may decide to walk away.

Today, Maddison has signed for Spalding Utd. Northern Premier League. Step 7 of the pyramid - Yate Town and WSM level. Managed by an ex posh teammate in Gabriel Zakuani.

Clearly, Marcus’s mental health is worth more than money to him and we should all wish him well in this move.

I’d rather have my health over wealth, good luck to the lad 

8 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Every time, I'm realising that more & more the older I'm getting :thumbsup:

Same, especially with this lockdown just gone, mental health problems in the past but everyday I go to work to almost minimum wage, I make enough that my rent and bills are paid, my child maintenance is paid without fail and he will never go without either, then I might have a bit left over, this is success, 35 years old and the future has never felt clearer despite this bleak times, in this together, we made it

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Same, especially with this lockdown just gone, mental health problems in the past but everyday I go to work to almost minimum wage, I make enough that my rent and bills are paid, my child maintenance is paid without fail and he will never go without either, then I might have a bit left over, this is success, 35 years old and the future has never felt clearer despite this bleak times, in this together

In recent years things have started to fall apart for me physically after a working life of heavy physical work but hey I'm just over twice your age when many of my friends haven't got anywhere near this far, I love your attitude towards things mate.

Yes you're right, that is success, congratulations you're a winner my friend :clap:

16 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Every time, I'm realising that more & more the older I'm getting :thumbsup:

Far too many people in their 20's chase wealth and the social status and miss out or struggle with mental health. I spent my 20's travelling and seeing the world. Not one ounce of regret 

6 minutes ago, bpexile said:

In recent years things have started to fall apart for me physically after a working life of heavy physical work but hey I'm just over twice your age when many of my friends haven't got anywhere near this far, I love your attitude towards things mate.

Yes you're right, that is success, congratulations you're a winner my friend :clap:

Thank you my man, don’t forget to feel real is my motto. All the best ??

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Far too many people in their 20's chase wealth and the social status and miss out or struggle with mental health. I spent my 20's travelling and seeing the world. Not one ounce of regret 

I did a bit of travelling myself, that's how I ended up in Oz. It was later in life after I had commitments & family to support etc etc etc that I realised my body was wearing out.

1 minute ago, bpexile said:

I did a bit of travelling myself, that's how I ended up in Oz. It was later in life after I had commitments & family to support etc etc etc that I realised my body was wearing out.

I lived in Perth for nearly a year in 2012/13.Lovely place and pretty sure it was blue sky's every day! Easy to get work as well being a brit 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

I lived in Perth for nearly a year in 2012/13.Lovely place and pretty sure it was blue sky's every day! Easy to get work as well being a brit 

Never been to Perth, it's on the bucket list, as for being a Brit, never forget your heritage. Close Ozzie friends hate me while "The Ashes" is on because of my red, white & blue blood :englandsmile4wf:.

Mental health is definitely the most important thing , especially after lockdown . I’m sure it’s thrown everyone mentally.

what’s the story with Maddison ? 
Has he openly said he’s had mental health issues. I remember a interview with the posh owner who slagged him off saying he was a trouble maker & big time Charlie . That was at least 6 months before his move to Hull. 

8 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Same, especially with this lockdown just gone, mental health problems in the past but everyday I go to work to almost minimum wage, I make enough that my rent and bills are paid, my child maintenance is paid without fail and he will never go without either, then I might have a bit left over, this is success, 35 years old and the future has never felt clearer despite this bleak times, in this together, we made it

I’m with you mate in basically the same scenario at 31. Keep you head high and keep battling away ?

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

You’ve got your priorities right, good luck to you and your lad ?

2 hours ago, onlyotib said:

I’m with you mate in basically the same scenario at 31. Keep you head high and keep battling away ?

you’ve got this, all the best ??

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

You’ve got your priorities right, good luck to you and your lad ?

Thank you so much ?

Let`s hope he can start to rebuild his life and get some of the love back. Spalding is probably local to his family home which I presume is in the Peterborough area and at that level he should be able to enjoy his football again without the pressure. I really hope he can get through these dark times he`s having and that this is a step on his road to recovery.

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I'm not one to abuse players and certainly don't condone it. The bloke appears to have taken a fair bit in his time

That said, he's local to where I live, I've seen him about and probably wrongly could form an opinion about him however I also play with a lot of people who know him and and have shared a pitch with him.

Personally from what I've heard, the comments from most of the clubs he's been with about a bad attitude and billy big time seem accurate

There might be underlying reasons and insecurities that lead him to behave in a certain way and I dont wish ill on him. He'll be very good at that level ability wise

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I'm not one to abuse players and certainly don't condone it. The bloke appears to have taken a fair bit in his time

That said, he's local to where I live, I've seen him about and probably wrongly could form an opinion about him however I also play with a lot of people who know him and and have shared a pitch with him.

Personally from what I've heard, the comments from most of the clubs he's been with about a bad attitude and billy big time seem accurate

There might be underlying reasons and insecurities that lead him to behave in a certain way and I dont wish ill on him. He'll be very good at that level ability wise

Each & every one of us act or behave in ways that suit us, sometimes it's a mask to hide underlying issues. I had a mate (no longer with us) that was your typical clown at the party, the centre of attention, but get him alone & he was a very very fragile person who eventually ended his mental pain. Mental health issues are certainly not new, we're only just starting to recognise them so if you have any friends that you think may be in that position, don't hesitate to ask, it could be your last chance.

However this has drifted away from the original post about MM but I sincerely hope that he & anyone else who has similar issues get the help they need to beat the Black Dog.

10 hours ago, bpexile said:

Each & every one of us act or behave in ways that suit us, sometimes it's a mask to hide underlying issues. I had a mate (no longer with us) that was your typical clown at the party, the centre of attention, but get him alone & he was a very very fragile person who eventually ended his mental pain. Mental health issues are certainly not new, we're only just starting to recognise them so if you have any friends that you think may be in that position, don't hesitate to ask, it could be your last chance.

However this has drifted away from the original post about MM but I sincerely hope that he & anyone else who has similar issues get the help they need to beat the Black Dog.

Yep fully agree and I alluded to that in my last sentence, it may have been a mask to how he's really feeling.

I'm sorry for your loss, as I say I don't wish ill on MM (or anyone) and hope he gets the help he needs

Archived