IGNORED

17yrs ago today - City v. Hartlepool

CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Certainly not. Wasn't the most stable place to stand with a capacity crowd :D

I remember some plumes of dust over towards the east end corner.  I think after that night they put in extra beams underneath for big games to support the terrace! 

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

I remember some plumes of dust over towards the east end corner.  I think after that night they put in extra beams underneath for big games to support the terrace! 

Me too.

We were all in a state of delirium but in hindsight it was pretty scary, it seemed like the stand was in danger of collapsing.

Can see myself celebrating in that vid along with my dad, those are great memories for me, after that game as well as the QPR and Plymouth matches it felt like we were on a roll winning big games and I was confident that we were going to win the final, wasn't to be but at least we eventually got promoted a few seasons later. Just watched that Roberts goal again about 20 times ?

35 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That was the Wilson days at its peak. Unfortunately the lowest I have felt as a City fan after the Final. Shocker

23 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

My favourite night supporting City.

Just a shame it was followed 10 days later by my least favourite day supporting City really.

Quite agree. Although the pre-match in the Walkabout was one of the best, the game itself was certainly one of the worst. 

2 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Can see myself celebrating in that vid along with my dad, those are great memories for me, after that game as well as the QPR and Plymouth matches it felt like we were on a roll winning big games and I was confident that we were going to win the final, wasn't to be but at least we eventually got promoted a few seasons later. Just watched that Roberts goal again about 20 times ?

Too many people forget the dire performance at home v Brighton in-between.  That's where we lost Auto, that day, right there.

Archived