IGNORED

Fam always wanted to stay

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

He was probably our best defender last season, I will miss that part of his game.

In fairness, he was brilliant at defending the near post and "mid goal zone".

Not sure I'll miss it though. I'm very much looking forward to (hopefully) having a striker whose greatest asset isn't his ability to defend corners ?

14 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I always found it odd Ashton said he had been made the biggest contract offer we have ever made 

In all Carey fairness would Fammy know any different? Does he have access to all of the City players' contracts? Nagh, don't think so.

Could be some disingenuity here from Ashton though. Namely, biggest contract offer ever for Fammy not for the club. Bending the truth a little, an outright lie or Fammy just wanting to leave with his reputation intact?

As others have said he slacked off enormously in the final 1/3 and that tells it's own story. You remain professional and hard working till the last and if you don't we don't want you at Ashton Gate.

Thanks for the goals Fam but time to go 

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Not sure I'll miss it though. I'm very much looking forward to (hopefully) having a striker whose greatest asset isn't his ability to defend corners ?

It would be good to have a defender with that asset though.

• Admin
9 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I agree it is somewhat ironic that the biggest loss will be not having him defending set pieces rather than what he was actually employed to do

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

A mate of mine who scouts for millwall said he turned down 25k+ a week from them apparently so he’s obvs pushing for a big move. Good player but can do better 

Much as I'm largely not too concerned with where he goes next, it would be a bit deflating if he signed for Millwall.

10 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

A mate of mine who scouts for millwall said he turned down 25k+ a week from them apparently (obvs not 100% sure) so he’s obvs pushing for a big move. Good player but can do better 

If true then not too wide of the mark of what Famara was supposedly laughing at and dismissing on twitter saying he wanted 30k unless of course he just didn't want to go to Millwall

If I think about Diedhiou with clear reasoning I’ve decided that I would have been more upset if he HAD signed a new deal.

Our time with him has done. I’m looking forward to starting afresh with a new striker. 

Neither of them come out of this looking innocent. If he never wanted to leave, he'd have found a way to sign a new deal.  Given Fams recent performances (or lack of) he showed he wasn't the sort of player we want at this club taking up a salary anyway so good riddance (to both).

On 19/05/2021 at 13:13, sh1t_ref_again said:

His performance on the pitch, much to the dismay of most on here suggest otherwise

Post January anyway- with one exception in that time, Middlesbrough away.

His output was somewhat patchy, though he seemed to hit straps in the run up to and including the window...

Could be coincidence but...

• 1st goal- 22nd November (Derby)
  • 2nd goal- 9th December (Blackburn)
  • 3rd goal- Boxing Day (Wycombe)- and what an excellent strike it was!
  • 4th goal- 10th January, (FA Cup v Portsmouth).
  • 5th goal- 16th January- (Preston).
  • 6th goal- 23rd January (FA Cup v Millwall)
  • 7th and 8th goals- 26th January (Huddersfield).

Then extremely little performance wise and in fact zero goals and assists- save for the excellence at Middlesbrough- 2 goals, an assist and a very good all-round display. Why Middlesbrough? Well a) Was it as NP watching on for the 1st time or b) Was it as he was linked with them on a free!

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Remember that month where we started another in-form striker infront of him, Afobe wasnt it? And it showed us what we were missing at times, felt it exposed fam quite a bit. 

Good point. I think we all hoped Diedhiou was going to really flourish here and we would be worried bigger clubs would be sniffing and we would find it impossible to hold on to him. It never got to that level and infact his career here for whatever reason deteriorated quite spectacularly.

I think his time with us had come to a natural end and just coincided with the end of his contract.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Post January anyway- with one exception in that time, Middlesbrough away.

His output was somewhat patchy, though he seemed to hit straps in the run up to and including the window...

Could be coincidence but...

• 1st goal- 22nd November (Derby)
  • 2nd goal- 9th December (Blackburn)
  • 3rd goal- Boxing Day (Wycombe)- and what an excellent strike it was!
  • 4th goal- 10th January, (FA Cup v Portsmouth).
  • 5th goal- 16th January- (Preston).
  • 6th goal- 23rd January (FA Cup v Millwall)
  • 7th and 8th goals- 26th January (Huddersfield).

Then extremely little performance wise and in fact zero goals and assists- save for the excellence at Middlesbrough- 2 goals, an assist and a very good all-round display. Why Middlesbrough? Well a) Was it as NP watching on for the 1st time or b) Was it as he was linked with them on a free!

Thanks for showing that Pops.

Truly shocking stats really.

On 19/05/2021 at 16:10, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Love Fam, he's been a great player/top bloke for us during most of his stay, but as others have said he put precisely zero effort in during his last months. 

I'd also say it's a bit unprofessional to discuss contract details on Twitter, no matter how pissed off you are

Great? Wouldn't class him as one of our great players, compared to some of the other players we've had.

Best I can say, is good at times, certainly not great 

21 minutes ago, mossey said:

Great? Wouldn't class him as one of our great players, compared to some of the other players we've had.

Best I can say, is good at times, certainly not great 

A nearly great.

He was nearly a talisman for the club.

Nearly a 20 goals a season Championship striker.

Nearly, nearly, nearly.

The time has come for the club to employ the personnel who deliver.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

A nearly great.

He was nearly a talisman for the club.

Nearly a 20 goals a season Championship striker.

Nearly, nearly, nearly.

The time has come for the club to employ the personnel who deliver.

"Nearly" is a word you can use to describe pretty much every aspect of the club lately. It's the hope that kills you ?.

On 20/05/2021 at 22:23, havanatopia said:

Thanks for showing that Pops.

Truly shocking stats really.

Yep Hav, the spread of his output as you say is a shocker.

I'm thinking, hoping that we will be able to when Diedhiou departs, work towards a bit more of a pressing game, pressing and quicker style of play. He has his uses, that isn't one- and post January, one game aside he was of very little use at all tbh!

Archived