IGNORED

Forum Update

Silvio Dante

I am apparently Proficient.

I would like to thank my adoring public for bestowing such a prestigious award on me and promise I will use it in my lifetime aim of achieving world peace.

Thank you and I love you all xx

....anyone else having the same problems?

If I press on notification quotes or likes, it used to take me to the relevent quote, so that you could reply accordingly. Now it doesn't...it just sends you to the start of the thread, which means you often have to scroll through loads of posts to find the relevent quotes.

Also when opening on a thread, it would automatically take you to the last post you had read. Now all it does is that you to the start of the thread again.

It's making it nigh on impossible to navigate properly and reply accordingly.

Apologies if I've not responded accordingly to replies. Not being rude, have either missed it or not had time to scroll through everything again.

I'm on my MacBook not tried my phone yet.
I tried quotes/notifications and it's working OK. Seemed a bit iffy yesterday, but looks to be working at the moment.

So I just tried my phone, it's the same as you. Not sure what that means though.

Same with me. It went wrong when the badges were introduced but I improved it by going to account settings and amended what happens when I look at a thread. I’ve tried to do the same today but “account settings” just takes me back to the home page 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

If I press on notification quotes or likes, it used to take me to the relevent quote, so that you could reply accordingly. Now it doesn't...it just sends you to the start of the thread, which means you often have to scroll through loads of posts to find the relevent quotes.

Also when opening on a thread, it would automatically take you to the last post you had read. Now all it does is that you to the start of the thread again.

Apologies if I've not responded accordingly to replies. Not being rude, have either missed it or not had time to scroll through everything again.

Same here. I’m having to scroll thru a thread to find the notification as well. Glad it’s not just me.

56 minutes ago, spudski said:

Log out of your account and back in again. Seemed to fix it for me

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yep - I was having that first issue for some while before the forum update - it still happens for me now

38 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Log out of your account and back in again. Seemed to fix it for me

Tried that on the phone, didn't work. But the MacBook seemed the same to start and is ok now, so ....

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was a rising star for less than 3 hours.

I'm now proficient.

No indication in what particular discipline, but I suppose that's progress.

proficient in chip aquisition and personal manager retention at the very least

20 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't have the aA in my address bar!

Think that's an iPhone thing.  With Android (if that's what you use) when using Chrome, the three vertical dots in the top right are where you want to look.  It's simply called "Desktop site" with a check box.

Archived