IGNORED

Forum Update

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

At the risk of sounding ungrateful...why do the powers that be, fanny around with the forum? It seemed to be OK as it was.

And I consider myself as a fanny enthusiast.

Well done but one day you can aspire to be experienced in fannys like @Robbored and myself. In the meantime we can offer advice.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

At the risk of sounding ungrateful...why do the powers that be, fanny around with the forum? It seemed to be OK as it was.

And I consider myself as a fanny enthusiast.

Because it’s a standard, off the shelf, product. It’s updated to keep it safe and secure. If you take away the last read post issue has anyone actually found any other issues with this update. Yes it’s annoying but it’ll get fixed soon enough 

37 minutes ago, TomF said:

Because it’s a standard, off the shelf, product. It’s updated to keep it safe and secure. If you take away the last read post issue has anyone actually found any other issues with this update. Yes it’s annoying but it’ll get fixed soon enough 

Cheers...never meant it to sound churlish.

All this new rank stuff (collaborator) is a bit odd, though (!)

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Yes.

The old forum was funnier.

12 hours ago, italian dave said:

See above BS4. I did that earlier and it fixed it. 

It won’t even let me sign out now! The screen just reverts to the page I was on when I clicked ‘sign out’ and I’m still signed in! And the ‘notifications’ issue is still there ... click on a notification and it takes me to a page on the thread that is nowhere near my post or the notification that relates to that post ... ??

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It won’t even let me sign out now! The screen just reverts to the page I was on when I clicked ‘sign out’ and I’m still signed in! And the ‘notifications’ issue is still there ... click on a notification and it takes me to a page on the thread that is nowhere near my post or the notification that relates to that post ... ??

Update! Just tried it again - and it did let me sign out! The other issue still seems to be happening though re ‘notifications’ - and just for the record - I really appreciate the efforts of @TomF on developing this forum - so sorry to highlight any issues - don’t want to make your efforts any more difficult 

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You can check out any time you like ..... but you can never leave

Sorry showing my age there!

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Update! Just tried it again - and it did let me sign out! The other issue still seems to be happening though re ‘notifications’ - and just for the record - I really appreciate the efforts of @TomF on developing this forum - so sorry to highlight any issues - don’t want to make your efforts any more difficult 

It’s all connected as you get the last post thing, can’t go to settings, read pm’s etc at same time.  I might try something now that might be causing it 

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

weirdly, mine had reverted to exactly the same as you describe, but when I clicked on the notification of your reply it came straight here. ??

3 hours ago, TomF said:

All good Tom, and whatever you’ve done seems ?to have fixed the last post/notification thing. Thanks for all you do to keep this place going. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

It’s all connected as you get the last post thing, can’t go to settings, read pm’s etc at same time.  I might try something now that might be causing it 

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]   .

i got this earlier clicking on season ticket topic. might help you Tom  but might not. havent seen it again

• Admin
8 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]   .

i got this earlier clicking on season ticket topic. might help you Tom  but might not. havent seen it again

I had that late last night trying to open any sections 

It'll get sorted in time 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Missed out on Big Cheese but have now become Mentor or should that read Mental.

All very well for you. I’ve just been labelled a “collaborator “, which is slightly disturbing. Didn’t they used to shoot people like me during the war? Does it mean I’m suspected of being a covert member of Rovers ‘ fans  forum?

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

All very well for you. I’ve just been labelled a “collaborator “, which is slightly disturbing. Didn’t they used to shoot people like me during the war? Does it mean I’m suspected of being a covert member of Rovers ‘ fans  forum?

Just keep looking over your shoulder when you are out

R324e80e9cabd5c0dba960b7d58a317fa.jpg

Archived