IGNORED

Forum Update

Silvio Dante

The forum has been running very slow for me since the weekend. Everything else at home, or indeed other sites, seem fine.

Im still being directed to first post, rather than last read or the post where someone has replied to me. That’s quite annoying when your in conversation with someone during a thread

48 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The forum has been running very slow for me since the weekend. Everything else at home, or indeed other sites, seem fine.

Im still being directed to first post, rather than last read or the post where someone has replied to me. That’s quite annoying when your in conversation with someone during a thread

Not aware of issues with speed, but the last content option thing is driving me up the wall. There is nothing to hint at why its doing it.  I've tried something else this morning, its just knowing if its fixed it or not.

27 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not aware of issues with speed, but the last content option thing is driving me up the wall. There is nothing to hint at why its doing it.  I've tried something else this morning, its just knowing if its fixed it or not.

Well it's still going to page 1 for me when I click on a notification sorry! 

38 minutes ago, Selred said:

Well it's still going to page 1 for me when I click on a notification sorry! 

Same here but not every time, its very random in which threads it goes for, seems worse on the threads ive posted in..

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Ok will keep plugging away

Seems to be working at the moment Tom - quotes, reaction acknowledgements and last read post seem to be taking me to where they should be ?

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Same here but not every time, its very random in which threads it goes for, seems worse on the threads ive posted in..

im in agreement but was going to add the rovers thread does it every time but last night,didnt do it once. doing it again today,minor detail tho,only takes a sec to get where you want to be,will probs right itself next time its updated

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

im in agreement but was going to add the rovers thread does it every time but last night,didnt do it once. doing it again today,minor detail tho,only takes a sec to get where you want to be,will probs right itself next time its updated

Ending up somewhere you didn't want to be is perfect for the Gas thread.

I just did an update so I don't know if that's fixed it, so blood hard to tell as 2 hours later it might revert to being problematic.   I also updated the script engine. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I just did an update so I don't know if that's fixed it, so blood hard to tell as 2 hours later it might revert to being problematic.   I also updated the script engine. Fingers crossed. 

Maybe it's the interface between the oristocolator and the discaboobarator.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Selred said:

I think this site is trolling me. For example I click on page 11 on this thread, and it takes me to page 1?

The odd thing for me, some threads it takes me to the last unread, some it takes me to the last post and other times it takes me to the first post

On 26/05/2021 at 16:44, TomF said:

Tom - I was inspecting the network traffic and noticed that the wrong redirect is being cached by a service worker so I unregistered it and seems to be all fine for me now. Not sure if there is a way to reset that for everyone maybe? I'm not that familiar with service workers.

For anyone wanting to try it if you are on a desktop browser, right click on this page, select 'Inspect'. Click on 'Application' tab, choose 'Service Workers' on the left hand side and then click the 'Unregister' link.

otib.png

27 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

Tom - I was inspecting the network traffic and noticed that the wrong redirect is being cached by a service worker so I unregistered it and seems to be all fine for me now. Not sure if there is a way to reset that for everyone maybe? I'm not that familiar with service workers.

For anyone wanting to try it if you are on a desktop browser, right click on this page, select 'Inspect'. Click on 'Application' tab, choose 'Service Workers' on the left hand side and then click the 'Unregister' link.

otib.png

That seems to have done good things for me too in the first few minutes - that could be a great catch!

1 hour ago, Dogbert said:

otib.png

Can someone translate this into English please

Archived