IGNORED

Forum Update

Silvio Dante

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bloody expensive!

€3 in our local Carrefour. I can live with that better than €2 for a tin of baked beans. Things like mushy peas I buy from Amazon. Tea bags on ebay.

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bloody expensive!

Some expats do make you laugh though. One told me that you couldn't buy Turkey here !!  What the **** is Dinde with a bloody big pic of a Turkey on it then. 

Another couple we met moved to France to corner the market with the production of jam which apparently can't be bought here. They returned to UK fairly quick. FFS

24 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I can live with that better than €2 for a tin of baked beans. 

I detest baked beans, so no problem for me. I do see the price of Heinz baked beans, though, and it is exhorbitant, especially when I recall coming back from the UK with packs of the Heinz product (for my daughters) purchased (at an obvious loss leader) at something like 99p a can. 

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Some expats do make you laugh though. One told me that you couldn't buy Turkey here !!  What the **** is Dinde with a bloody big pic of a Turkey on it then. 

Another couple we met moved to France to corner the market with the production of jam which apparently can't be bought here. They returned to UK fairly quick. FFS

A few years ago, I had an appointment in Bourges, and treated to myself to the 'Set Menu' in a small local restaurant: starter, main course and cheese/dessert - €10.

The starter was a very reasonably sized and tasty slice of terrine, the starter an 'escalope de dinde a la normande', covered with a huge creme fraiche and mushroom Source - delicious. I recall 'complaining ' to my wife that the cheese course was an aluminium packed slice of 'La vache qui rit'  camembert! 

Ten Euros!

All, on iPad / Safari, I’ve found constantly clicking “account settings” is futile, as is trying different combinations of clicks.

Ive found that if you click account settings, you get main page….leave it two minutes, click again, account settings page shows.

this has been consistent over a couple of days.

No idea why….some sort of buffer / timeout?

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All, on iPad / Safari, I’ve found constantly clicking “account settings” is futile, as is trying different combinations of clicks.

Ive found that if you click account settings, you get main page….leave it two minutes, click again, account settings page shows.

this has been consistent over a couple of days.

No idea why….some sort of buffer / timeout?

Daffyd, please return to the point of this discussion which is baked beans.

Why does everyone go off on tangents ??  Puurlease !!!

Yep I know I’m being boring, but when I click on a ‘notification’ it still takes me to the first page and the first post of that thread ... so I have no chance of seeing or finding the ‘reply’ or ‘reaction’ to my post - just thought I’d point it out - cos it’s very frustrating ...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I know I’m being boring, but when I click on a ‘notification’ it still takes me to the first page and the first post of that thread ... so I have no chance of seeing or finding the ‘reply’ or ‘reaction’ to my post - just thought I’d point it out - cos it’s very frustrating ...

Mine is exactly the same. TomF is aware of it tho.

• Admin

Sorry to add more problems @TomF

I tried logging out and back in on my mobile to see if any settings changed, it took me ages to be able to log back in.

Another problem is I am unable to read a PM, I get a notification but I am unable to open

I must have clicked over 10 times before it let me open the message

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

I tried logging out and back in on my mobile to see if any settings changed, it took me ages to be able to log back in.

Another problem is I am unable to read a PM, I get a notification but I am unable to open

It's all the same issue, not individual.  It's being looked at now.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Me too a few days back. Still problems with notifications also.

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Is the ignore topic available. Or is that not an option anymore . Thanks for any help 

It will be once the plug-in is updated, it’s a 3rd party hack 

Archived