IGNORED

England v Scotland front line

sticks 1969

Just looking at the Scottish 26 man team especially the forwards 

makes you appreciate how much talent we have at our disposal 

yes I know Scotland is a much smaller country but we do have some amazing talent 

not to say will do anything this year but fingers crossed 

I still remember Steve Bull scoring against Scotland at Hampden in the late Eighties.

Criminal really that he only got a handful of caps despite averaging about 40 a season because he didn't play for a big club.

FAO of Wolves fans: You still aren't a big club.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just looking at the Scottish 26 man team especially the forwards 

makes you appreciate how much talent we have at our disposal 

yes I know Scotland is a much smaller country but we do have some amazing talent 

not to say will do anything this year but fingers crossed 

Take a look at the French squad it's ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Take a look at the French squad it's ridiculous.

It's very trendy to be negative about England, but I genuinely think we have some real quality at our disposal. Probably the strongest squad we've had, on paper, since 04/06. 

France man for man look very strong, but tournament football is unforgiving and they might not hit form at quite the right time.

I think Foden, Grealish and Mason Mount will bring the core of that 2018 squad on a fair bit. We also have lots of players in form, Shaw, Stones, Maguire have all had really strong seasons.

Think we might do well.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's very trendy to be negative about England, but I genuinely think we have some real quality at our disposal. Probably the strongest squad we've had, on paper, since 04/06. 

France man for man look very strong, but tournament football is unforgiving and they might not hit form at quite the right time.

I think Foden, Grealish and Mason Mount will bring the core of that 2018 squad on a fair bit. We also have lots of players in form, Shaw, Stones, Maguire have all had really strong seasons.

Think we might do well.

1904-1906?

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think we might do well.

If we had a decent CB I'd make us favourites.

No doubt we will be knocked out by VAR in the QF's rather than penalties.

29 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If we had a decent CB I'd make us favourites.

No doubt we will be knocked out by VAR in the QF's rather than penalties.

Yes CB is a worry - however both Stones and Maguire are in form. I’ve got a horrible feeling Southgate will go with a 532 rather than the obvious 433/4231

59 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think we might do well.

Home advantage counts for a lot. I think we will get to the SF.

Just now, Super said:

Is Southgate really considering not picking TAA? Huge mistake.

It's an odd one that. We do have significant depth in that position, Reece James and Walker have been in good form, but he feels an obvious choice. Especially given how effective he is offensively. 

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's an odd one that. We do have significant depth in that position, Reece James and Walker have been in good form, but he feels an obvious choice. Especially given how effective he is offensively. 

Some games where you might play a better defensive Right Back but against Scotland and the CR i would def play him.

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes CB is a worry - however both Stones and Maguire are in form. I’ve got a horrible feeling Southgate will go with a 532 rather than the obvious 433/4231

Stones didn't look in form against Poland and Maguire is injured. I don't think either are that good anyway which is huge concern against the top teams. However our attack is good so would need to outscore them I think.

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Against Scotland we will but won’t win the Euros. Will lose to France or Spain in the knockouts, whoever we get first.  

You reckon? This has to be the most gifted squad in years, best in technical ability strength and speed.

As long as Southgate has the balls to go for it i think we can win the thing.

Will   be having a punt on us with a saver on the Germans, we all know never to rite them off.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think we might do well.

She's back with another great video and plenty to chew over 

16 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

You reckon? This has to be the most gifted squad in years, best in technical ability strength and speed.

Will   be having a punt on us with a saver on the Germans, we all know never to rite them off.

We have some skilful ball playing midfielders, and a top centre forward, but france will tear us apart if we end up playing them!

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

If we had a good manager I’d agree with you. Don’t rate Southgate at all. I was wrong once before though so hopefully am again!

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If we had a good manager I’d agree with you. Don’t rate Southgate at all. I was wrong once before though so hopefully am again!

Don’t tell me you thought Sir Alf was a downs league manager? ?

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

I still remember Steve Bull scoring against Scotland at Hampden in the late Eighties.

Criminal really that he only got a handful of caps despite averaging about 40 a season because he didn't play for a big club.

FAO of Wolves fans: You still aren't a big club.

But he was a division 3 player at the time, the top tier strikers were always gonna be picked for England over him, although he went to Italia 90 as a division 3 player - that would never happen now!

He was a great striker, no doubt about that, albeit he did all his damage at the lower levels of our game - from 1986 to 1996 he averaged 21 goals per season for Wolves - a phenomenal record (although not quite the 40 goals a season average you came up with!) - and didn’t he score 18 hatricks for Wolves? I saw him score two hatricks against us - both at Molineux.

He only ever played in the top flight once, a sub appearance for WBA - that kinda explains his handful of caps for England - he was only on fire in the 4th and 3rd divisions of English football ...

Archived