IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

IMO letting Pack, Smith and Josh go all in a couple of seasons had a huge impact on the midfield that we haven't recovered from yet. Great to see him doing well at Burnley, loved his energy when playing for us.

Agree. I thought it was time for Marlon to go at the time but the transition was too quick . All three gone within a year 

Pack was so underrated- he is still a huge miss. 
I remember the hysteria after Nagy’s debut @ Birmingham (where he was very good) and the claims he was a massive upgrade- I think that’s been proved wrong. 

Pack a huge miss, Brownhill was exceptional in his last 6 months also and the whole Smith fiasco was embarrassing. 

12 days of Ashton left! 

Looking at those who have now moved on and have finished above us this season you'd have a pretty decent side:

A back four of Joe Bryan, Aiden Flint, Adam Webster and Luke Ayling

A midfield of Korey Smith, Marlon Pack and Josh Brownhill

With Bobby Reid up front.

The only thing missing are two wide men to play in a four five one.

Brownhill improved massively during his time with us. He seemed very average to me at first, but he turned into a bustling, high-energy midfielder who weighed in with some great goals. 

I agree with those who have said we’ve missed Pack. Yes he had limitations (which player doesn’t?), but he was a leader, always looked for the ball and tried to dictate games. 

We’ve also missed Smith’s tenacity this season and have been very powder-puff without him. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Playing up top/ no 10 against Liverpool tonight & having a really good game . Always liked him & we’ve missed him massively . 
A nod to joe Bryan , Bobby , combining for the goal last night plus Adam Webster . Just goes to show we really did have some decent players.

Luke Ayling - captain of Leeds United 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

IMO letting Pack, Smith and Josh go all in a couple of seasons had a huge impact on the midfield that we haven't recovered from yet. Great to see him doing well at Burnley, loved his energy when playing for us.

It had the impact it was supposed to in terms of letting go of players that weren't going to get us to the prem. We haven't recovered but we could have instantly if the recruitment was right - alas, it was not. 

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Pack was so underrated- he is still a huge miss. 
I remember the hysteria after Nagy’s debut @ Birmingham (where he was very good) and the claims he was a massive upgrade- I think that’s been proved wrong. 

Pack a huge miss, Brownhill was exceptional in his last 6 months also and the whole Smith fiasco was embarrassing. 

12 days of Ashton left! 

I always remember Peps comments re Pack after the Man City game.

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Looking at those who have now moved on and have finished above us this season you'd have a pretty decent side:

A back four of Joe Bryan, Aiden Flint, Adam Webster and Luke Ayling

A midfield of Korey Smith, Marlon Pack and Josh Brownhill

With Bobby Reid up front.

The only thing missing are two wide men to play in a four five one.

Ayling Flint Webster Bryan

Brownhill Pack Smith

Kodjia    Reid   Freeman

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

Brownhill Pack Smith

Kodjia    Reid   Freeman

Yes but at least we’ve invested all the money wisely....

Other than Bentley I can’t think of anyone else we’ve paid for who could be sold for a profit. 

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I know this will not please all, I know I am going out on a bit of a limb here but knowing that I do sometimes court controversy you will be understanding when I say I am going to blame Ashton. 

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Other than Bentley I can’t think of anyone else we’ve paid for who could be sold for a profit.

Massengo.

8 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Brownhill is a solid player and doesn’t look out of place in Burnley’s midfield.

He was getting better when he left us. We have certainly missed someone with his energy in the middle of the park this season.

Fully expect him to get a move to a bigger club . Has really impressed at Burnley and his stats for the season are up there. A club like Everton is were I expect he will end up. Certainly our midfield is worse of without him. 
Good player 

10 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Brownhill Pack Smith

Kodjia    Reid   Freeman

It's so depressing that we had such a good team and the club let it slip through there fingers one by one as others have said add Heaton in goal and that's a side I am sure would take us to the prem, it's amazing how far below that level of side we are now, 

9 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I reckon there's three or four players who could become valuable if they push on under Person. No guarantees though, of course.

Archived