IGNORED

No Head of Recruitment

Harry

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What an absolute load of shite this wannabee journalist writes. To sign off that article he concludes no signings are imminent, no shit Sherlock contracts have yet to run out!

Perhaps a little unfair. Gregor does a decent job I think. 

Not sure what to make of that.

Pearson has said before it isn’t an area he likes to work in, but now he is clearly front & centre in doing so.

The good news is that it means he cannot end up with someone he didn’t want but not sure how this model is sustainable once the season starts.

Presumably means all the change is taking place in the medical department, plus maybe strength & conditioning?

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What an absolute load of shite this wannabee journalist writes. To sign off that article he concludes no signings are imminent, no shit Sherlock contracts have yet to run out!

Seeing as Cardiff signed someone yesterday & Boro today, that isn’t the smartest comment.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Seeing as Cardiff signed someone yesterday & Boro today, that isn’t the smartest comment.

They must be free agents then. And let's be fair if your a free agent just before hundreds more become available after June you would jump at the security.

Who have they signed?

Perhaps its a case of not wanting to just appoint anyone and want to bring in the right person? If they're not available now we're prepared to wait until we find the right person?

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Perhaps a little unfair. Gregor does a decent job I think. 

His article on Antoine's brother was a load of shite

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nigel-pearson-bristol-city-recruitment-5439248

As per Gregor. 
Seems we won’t be bringing in a Head of Recruitment or DoF!!! 

Bit concerning this imo. What’s your views on it Harry ? 
Is  it possibly the case that the  man or men we want aren’t available & rather than get anyone in we’re waiting for the right bloke 

You would have to assume that Nige is comfortable with this - be it temporary until the right candidate is available or if this is indeed the structure ' going forward' (as they say) . You don't give Pearson a 3 yr deal and then shaft him from behind so he must want it this way......his cock on the block as Fevs would say!

4 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I see it more of an acceptance that there isn’t time to properly set up a new recruitment structure for this transfer window and so we’ve taken a more pragmatic approach so not to be left behind and left with the potential signings nobody else wanted 

That sounds a fairly sensible suggestion.  You should get a badge for that. 

NP Probably knows what players he wants.

He would jeapordise his job if he didn't think he could recruit with the team we have in place.

Gould will most likely do the negotiating of money and agents, but won't be involved in recruitment. That's my feeling.

I should imagine a head of recruitment will come in at a later date when the right person is available.

16 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I see it more of an acceptance that there isn’t time to properly set up a new recruitment structure for this transfer window and so we’ve taken a more pragmatic approach so not to be left behind and left with the potential signings nobody else wanted 

Yeah, but where's the drama and panic in that?

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

NP Probably knows what players he wants.

He would jeapordise his job if he didn't think he could recruit with the team we have in place.

Gould will most likely do the negotiating of money and agents, but won't be involved in recruitment. That's my feeling.

I should imagine a head of recruitment will come in at a later date when the right person is available.

I’m not sure that Nige will want a head of recruitment if he’s happy to work with SG.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Is Nige changing/toughening up Bristol City, or Bristol City changing/softening up Nige (already)?

Hopefully toughening up Bristol City. Hopefully we will have a team next season that can compete. And the players give 100% every game. That’s all we ask and that is what NP will be asking for. Otherwise they can do one

26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bit concerning this imo. What’s your views on it Harry ? 
Is  it possibly the case that the  man or men we want aren’t available & rather than get anyone in we’re waiting for the right bloke 

My view is that Nige wanted either Walsh or McKenzie but both are not available at this time. Therefore he’ll wait to get the right person. 

Not sure what the structure will be. 
I’d hope that Nige knows who he wants, so could be that Nige creates his targets, Gilhespy crunches some numbers, Nige and Gould then meet the agent and player, and then Gould handles the finance of the deal. 

With the greatest respect to him, if Gilhespy is involved in any negotiations with agents or players then I worry for us. 

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Is Nige changing/toughening up Bristol City, or Bristol City changing/softening up Nige (already)?

I do know that for the last 2 weeks Nige has been having 3 Shredded Wheat each morning so he's gearing up for some tough action.

No Head of Recruitment or establishment of a scouting network is terrible news. 

As Nige says himself in the interview the existing team are very good (cough) technical recruiters. Bit like LJ though, if the game were played on paper we would be world champions. It’s not and we aren’t. We’re s**t. Our recruitment since Ashton took over the reigns, replacing Cotts system with his, has - with very few exceptions - been s**t. 

Staring at computer statistics is no replacement for eyes on the ground and intuition from knowledgable, experienced, proven scouts. 

Oh dear. Not good. Not good at all. 

29 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

In Nige we trust :huh:

:pray:

….and was allegedly showing a player around Failand yesterday.  No idea who, or anything like that.  So not linked in any way to Whatmough rumours, because those rumours were it was in April.  I know no more.  The source is some who knows a player very well.  It could be bulkshit.  I’m just stating what I was told.  NP has told us he started planning the summer from the first day here.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I heard on the grape vine that the head analysis Sean  Glihespy will be working very closely with Nige. That makes the DoF role redundant.

Makes perfect sense to me.

It doesn’t actually….⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not sure that Nige will want a head of recruitment if he’s happy to work with SG.

….the role of Head of Technical recruitment is very different to a DoF.  Now if they are changing SG’s role remit that’s very different.  NP has stated he doesn’t want to watch players and he doesn’t want to deal with agents.  Either NP has changed his mind, and feels it’s necessary or someone else is doing that.  No reason Tinnion can’t assist, no reason JL couldn’t either.

Archived