IGNORED

No Head of Recruitment

Harry

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I love how this post projects things I've not said to make a completely alternative discourse. 

Not sure I did, just took your earlier post plus my knowledge of your feelings on NP into account.

Judged on the pitch currently NP has done nowt for us apart from mainly lose, badly. 

Not relevant

That's a factual statement. 

Another factual statement is that we are repeating managerial dynasties, you know, the one thing that many including the club hierarchy said wouldn't happen as its been fraught with problems for us. 

Yep

Your post speculates that there will be ANOther, however based on currently available evidence, there is nothing to suggest that. 

Likewise - your post (plus this one) speculates that there won't be. There is nothing to suggest that there won't be. 

Ergo, the context that your post refers to doesn't exist and is pure conjecture. 

Context is only contextual when there's something in place and at this stage it's NP and SG, 'doing' transfers, when NP has said previously he doesn't like it and there is no one to fill that void. 

As I mentioned, we're rinsing and repeating and, factually that's ended in complete disaster for us through Steve Coppell, Delboy, LJ, MA and we're now on to NP doing the same and expecting different results, with literally no evidence, for us, that this will be a success. 

I think basically you're framing this as negatively as possible for some reason. Of course you're allowed to not rate Pearson, but it seems like you've completely made up your mind about him and have decided anything he does is negative. 

If you want success you need the structure in place to give yourselves the best chance to achieve it. 

I personally think we're in cloth-cutting, cost-cutting mode and therefore might sell ourselves short in areas such as this. I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps we should also consider that the search for investors could be an influence too, in that we want to maintain a blank canvass.

It's funny, because when I originally saw the interview with Pearson saying "it's not about having control..." I thought, that sounds like a man who knows he's going to have loads of control...!

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

If you want success you need the structure in place to give yourselves the best chance to achieve it. 

I personally think we're in cloth-cutting, cost-cutting mode and therefore might sell ourselves short in areas such as this. I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps we should also consider that the search for investors could be an influence too, in that we want to maintain a blank canvass.

It's funny, because when I originally saw the interview with Pearson saying "it's not about having control..." I thought, that sounds like a man who knows he's going to have loads of control...!

As someone nearer to pessimism than optimism, I should be thinking the worst.

However, in this case, I'm thinking that there isn't enough time to find and bring a DOF or similar before the recruitment must he completed for next season.

So it's trust in Pearson time.

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I love how this post projects things I've not said to make a completely alternative discourse. 

Judged on the pitch currently NP has done nowt for us apart from mainly lose, badly. 

That's a factual statement. 

Another factual statement is that we are repeating managerial dynasties, you know, the one thing that many including the club hierarchy said wouldn't happen as its been fraught with problems for us. 

Your post speculates that there will be ANOther, however based on currently available evidence, there is nothing to suggest that. 

Ergo, the context that your post refers to doesn't exist and is pure conjecture. 

Context is only contextual when there's something in place and at this stage it's NP and SG, 'doing' transfers, when NP has said previously he doesn't like it and there is no one to fill that void. 

As I mentioned, we're rinsing and repeating and, factually that's ended in complete disaster for us through Steve Coppell, Delboy, LJ, MA and we're now on to NP doing the same and expecting different results, with literally no evidence, for us, that this will be a success. 

Although we honestly have no idea how NP is working recruitment, we just have a story from Gregor.

We are very inconsistent as a forum in choosing what we take from Gregor as gospel at what we don’t.

My stance (not to be critical of anyone else’s) is to just sit and watch and wait for the evidence.

At present I’m processing today’s story re Weimann and Martin. ???

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yeah poor old SL has dropped out of the top 100 in today's Sunday Times rich list. 

It shows him on £1.365bn. I know it is a big number but I think he was nearer £2bn at one time. 

Should we have a whip-round or just set up a Just Giving page?

We don't actually need a DoF. Pre-Gould in as CEO we thought we may get one or the other. Just because Gould isn't Ashton doesn't mean he has no idea about football, or wait, maybe that means he would be like Ashton? Anyway, the point being, we don't necessarily need a DoF, especially if the right one isn't available now. I trust Pearson & Gould to recruit who they need & when, and make the best possible decisions for the future of our club. I trust them more so than Ashton anyway, which isn't saying a lot to be honest.

Not surprised: chainging everything would not only be hard to do, but also potentially destabilising for the team. We already found a new CEO, we confirmed the key element of the rebuild (Nigel), and we don't know who will replace Rolls yet.

2 hours ago, Banned User said:

We don't actually need a DoF. Pre-Gould in as CEO we thought we may get one or the other. Just because Gould isn't Ashton doesn't mean he has no idea about football, or wait, maybe that means he would be like Ashton? Anyway, the point being, we don't necessarily need a DoF, especially if the right one isn't available now. I trust Pearson & Gould to recruit who they need & when, and make the best possible decisions for the future of our club. I trust them more so than Ashton anyway, which isn't saying a lot to be honest.

Lansdown says we don't need one. So that is that.My hope is Pearson was involved with the decision and is happy and confident to handle the transfer activity with the people who are left.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think (at least I sincerely hope) that Gilhespy’s role is the same as that. 

Gilhespy seems to have been given a new title of Head of Technical Recruitment. The Bolton chap in the link is a Technical Performance Director. He seems to have a fair bit more say in many more aspects than you’d expect (or hope) that SG has. 

Interestingly, the references made in that article to Tobias Phoenix sound remarkably similar to Ashton ?

22 hours ago, RedRock said:

No worries that the same people who/system that created the mess of the squad we had/have - playing some of the most inept football, with the worst DNA, I have witnessed in 50+years - are being entrusted to rebuild the squad? 

While LJ/Ashton may have vacated the building, I have grave doubts that the personnel and/or system will deliver the players we need. 

For me, the most important signing of the Summer was a quality Chief Scout/Director of Recruitment. 

I get what you say and agree with much of it, The one key difference for me is the most important signing needed has already happened when we got NP to put pen to paper. Forget the back end of last season with a load of Muppet washed-out pro's who knew they were leaving and boys who need a few years to get to our level.

I suspect he will rely on his own football knowledge and the many contacts and friendships he has already with persons involved within other clubs not on our the payroll. I am sure those still there in our recruitment team at BS3 will make their suggestions/help, but I think most of the incoming in the short-term will be players from a list written up by NP that he has ear-marked/known about since probably before he arrived here.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Although we honestly have no idea how NP is working recruitment, we just have a story from Gregor.

We are very inconsistent as a forum in choosing what we take from Gregor as gospel at what we don’t.

My stance (not to be critical of anyone else’s) is to just sit and watch and wait for the evidence.

At present I’m processing today’s story re Weimann and Martin. ???

What have I missed re Martin?

3 hours ago, Banned User said:

Long term we do need a DOF or HOR

Gould as mentioned will have a different remit to Ashton , certainly in regards to recruitment. After thinking about it , it’s probably the right decision not to get one in now if the man they’re after isn’t available plus the timeframe for this window . Long term definitely   

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I don’t think (at least I sincerely hope) that Gilhespy’s role is the same as that. 

Gilhespy seems to have been given a new title of Head of Technical Recruitment. The Bolton chap in the link is a Technical Performance Director. He seems to have a fair bit more say in many more aspects than you’d expect (or hope) that SG has. 

Interestingly, the references made in that article to Tobias Phoenix sound remarkably similar to Ashton ?

Yes, wasn’t suggesting Gilhespy in that role, just that there are different ways to skin the recruitment cat, abd job roles and job titles can vary massively….as can the responsibility attached.

Archived