IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?

Unan

Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right back is an interesting one. All four of Walker, Trippier, James and Alexander-Arnold have done enough to be in the squad really. 

I've put Kane in there as my first choice striker with Calvert-Lewin a back up and Rashford coming to play centrally as a 3rd option if necessary, but you could make an argument for Bamford, Ings, Watkins, Abraham, Greenwood quite easily. 

Early on in the voting but I'm a bit surprised James Ward-Prowse hasn't got more votes.

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

Right back is an interesting one. All four of Walker, Trippier, James and Alexander-Arnold have done enough to be in the squad really. 

I've put Kane in there as my first choice striker with Calvert-Lewin a back up and Rashford coming to play centrally as a 3rd option if necessary, but you could make an argument for Bamford, Ings, Watkins, Abraham, Greenwood quite easily. 

Early on in the voting but I'm a bit surprised James Ward-Prowse hasn't got more votes.

Walker is handy as he can play CB in a 3 as well, so he'd be in mine. 

I have a bad feeling Trent won't be picked in Southgate's final squad, which will be a mistake imo. Trippier is about to win La Liga and Reece James has had a good season 

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

I have a bad feeling Trent won't be picked in Southgate's final squad, which will be a mistake imo. Trippier is about to win La Liga and Reece James has had a good season 

Walkers also gone to LB at times under Pep. Not that I'd like to see him there, but pretty versatile. His pace definitely helps him get out of a lot of trouble.

13 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yeah agreed, James has been playing a back 3 as well which makes him a bit easier to justify. With Trent you have question marks defensively that with the other 3 you don't so much, but surely Southgate will have a big backlash on his hands if Trent isn't picked?! 

Just now, CheddarReds said:

Yeah agreed, James has been playing a back 3 as well which makes him a bit easier to justify. With Trent you have question marks defensively that with the other 3 you don't so much, but surely Southgate will have a big backlash on his hands if Trent isn't picked?! 

The thing is i'd at least have Trent in the 26 man squad, not necessarily the first 11, to not take a player of that ability would be a mistake, I think and could backfire on Southgate is it goes badly, which it could as it's England after all.
For the first 11 I'd take James and Walker over him at RB.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The thing is i'd at least have Trent in the 26 man squad, not necessarily the first 11, to not take a player of that ability would be a mistake, I think and could backfire on Southgate is it goes badly, which it could as it's England after all.
For the first 11 I'd take James and Walker over him at RB.

Yeah you have to take Trent with the quality he has. Can't see him starting unless we're playing a weaker opposition and he's a wing back with Walker inside of him though. I'd be surprised if Walker isn't the first choice in a back 4. 

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

Yeah you have to take Trent with the quality he has. Can't see him starting unless we're playing a weaker opposition and he's a wing back with Walker inside of him though. I'd be surprised if Walker isn't the first choice in a back 4. 

For me the back 4 is simple (if all are fit) - Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw. 

Not too bothered...been there seen it ( the hype) too many times to care anymore. Looking at the list and with Maguire probably out, we are sadly lacking at Centre Half and will get found out by any half decent attack.

17 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Our attacking options are fantastic. We're going to have so many super subs too. 

Bit controversial but I would have Jesse over Grealish, simply due to current form, 9 goals in 15 apperances isnt it now? 

International free kick set pieces are massive, Grealish wins set pieces, its why I picked Ward-Prowse as well to take them

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Foden, Kane & Grealish must be in the starting XI. 

4231 could allocate it.

Pickford

TAA          Stones                  Maguire            Shaw

Rice              Philips

Grealish  Foden  Sterling

Kane

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

4231 could allocate it.

Pickford

Kane

Pope

TAA         Stones         Maguire      Shaw

Henderson*

Grealish           Mount 

Foden                   Kane                  Sancho 

* - Rice if not fit 

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pope

TAA         Stones         Maguire      Shaw

Henderson*

Grealish           Mount 

Foden                   Kane                  Sancho 

* - Rice if not fit 

I'd probably go Walker and swap Sancho and Foden but I'd love to see that front 6, especially against the teams we'd be expecting to beat

30 minutes ago, Redpool said:

I'd be surprised if Grealish does start. I think Mount currently leads the chase. 

Can they not both play? I’d be more than happy to drop Sterling... for me he flatters to deceive far too regularly plus his finishing is pretty poor. 

58 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

4231 could allocate it.

Pickford

Kane

That’d be ok. Not a massive Sterling fan myself. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can they not both play? I’d be more than happy to drop Sterling... for me he flatters to deceive far too regularly plus his finishing is pretty poor. 

I agree with that. Foden on LW maybe? Midfield 3 of Grealish, Mount and Rice?

Think we need to go into the tournament with the mindset we are going to score more than you. Our offensive players are far to good to go with a boring defensive set up 

Archived