IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?

Unan

Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

No other Nation has done the same though and I am sure they have their injury doubts and concerns.
Just find it odd that he has invited him to come to the 33, then will just drop him when he probably knew he was going to anyway.

It all feels very amateurish at International level for me

No other nation had 12 players involved in European finals

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

Lingard isn't in the squad apparently, which is harsh after his season. One of the most in-form players?

Someone's got to miss out, Grealish Mount and Foden have had better seasons. Think Willock has a similar claim to being in the squad to Lingard to be honest, had a great spell at Newcastle like Lingard at West Ham.

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Players to miss out on England are these apparently 

??????? Alexander-Arnold
??????? Godfrey
??????? Greenwood
??????? Lingard
??????? Ramsdale
??????? Ward-Prowse
??????? White

If this is true, then that means Watkins is in. Good player, but considering we'll likely only play with 1 CF and Henderson is just coming back from injury, I think Ward-Prowse would be a better choice. Also for set pieces. 

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Someone's got to miss out, Grealish Mount and Foden have had better seasons. Think Willock has a similar claim to being in the squad to Lingard to be honest, had a great spell at Newcastle like Lingard at West Ham.

Why not Sterling though? He has been been poor for a while now.

17 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I literally have no idea who any of these guys are, and I don’t care who plays. As long as they win games.

Par performance is the semi’s.

Win the tournament and it would be the best achievement by England in my lifetime...

You don’t know who Trent Alexander Arnold is?!  

20 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I literally have no idea who any of these guys are, and I don’t care who plays. As long as they win games.

Par performance is the semi’s.

Win the tournament and it would be the best achievement by England in my lifetime...

How could you know what Par is if you don't know who plays?!

1 hour ago, Super said:

In fairness most put their club above country don't they?

True, but the Scouse situation goes a lot further than that. Have a Scouse mate who is a big Liverpool fan, and he told me it's a lot to do with politics.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Lingard isn't in the squad apparently, which is harsh after his season. One of the most in-form players?

He’s been in good form although dropped off a bit towards the end. If Southgate goes 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 I just can’t see a scenario where he would either start or come on over Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sancho or Rashford. Not to mention Greenwood had he been fit. He’s probably a little unlucky to not be going over Sterling in fairness. Aside from that someone had to miss out and with the exception of maybe Sterling, Lingard just isn’t on the same level as those above.

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Would be an absolute joke if AA misses out. Should be in there if we need a goal late in games, utilising his quality pin point crossing ability.

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

Sorry it’s an absolute joke if Trent misses out and I’ll even go as far to say Lingard too.

We have one of the most talented squads we’ve had for as long as I can remember and they’re letting Southgate manage it.

Walker can play CB, Tripper has just won La Liga and been one of their better players, James is a much better defender than Alexander Arnold. I can see why the latter misses out, especially as we aren't exactly short of attacking talent elsewhere in the squad.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Walker can play CB, Tripper has just won La Liga and been one of their better players, James is a much better defender than Alexander Arnold. I can see why the latter misses out, especially as we aren't exactly short of attacking talent elsewhere in the squad.

I think i back Klopp's judgement over Southgate.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I think i back Klopp's judgement over Southgate.

I would too however I can't see how TAA gets in team against the better teams as we have better defenders. We don't need any more attacking outlets as got endless ones of them but we do need solid defenders with the poor CB's we have.

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I would too however I can't see how TAA gets in team against the better teams as we have better defenders. We don't need any more attacking outlets as got endless ones of them but we do need solid defenders with the poor CB's we have.

If he was picking the best defender though Wan Bissaka would be in.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

James perhaps?

James makes the most sense to me. Harsh on him perhaps, but if we want two more defensive minded right backs (especially as Walker can play in a back 3 and Trippier can also fill in at LB) then surely you'd want Trent for his attacking traits. 

Archived