IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?

Unan

Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Surely you don't take all 4?

You wait and see, it's Gareth Southgate we are talking about here.

Just now, Selred said:

Why drop Trippier?

Why drop James? Been outstanding since Tuchel came in

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Because he doesn't create enough.

He is there to defend, he is versatile, he can play in midfield too. We do not need both Trippier and TAA . We will get hammered if we just got full backs in who are there to simply create

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

He is there to defend, he is versatile, he can play in midfield too. We do not need both Trippier and TAA . We will get hammered if we just got full backs in who are there to simply create

Trippier and Walker can defend. Walker is likely our first choice, so why have James? 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Trippier and Walker can defend. Walker is likely our first choice, so why have James? 

Champion of Europe and has proved he can do it at the highest level whilst under pressure. Is in fantastic form. He'd actually be my RB pick right now, a monster of a Right back.

The guy is going to the very top imo

Just now, 2015 said:

Champion of Europe and has proved he can do it at the highest level whilst under pressure. Is in fantastic form. He'd actually be my RB pick right now, a monster of a Right back.

The guy is going to the very top imo

Walker is champion of England, Trippier is champion of Spain. Both proved they can do it under pressure too.

Just now, Selred said:

Walker is champion of England, Trippier is champion of Spain. Both proved they can do it under pressure too.

And James is Champion of Europe, so there we go. At the highest level in cup competitions James has kept a clean sheet vs Man City (twice in 2 months) and won all 3, kept a clean sheet vs Real Madrid and has been a complete rock under Thomas Tuchel.

He can play a little going forward, he isn't the most creative, but he is comfortable on the ball at least and has a rocket of a shot on him. 

He'd be my pick right now absolutely

I reckon he'll take all 4. Trent wouldn't have went in a 23, but with 26 I think he'll go just to not cause GS the headache from everyone crying over it. 

I have a feeling this will be the squad. 

Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone

Walker, James, Trippier, TAA, Stones, Maguire, Coady, Mings, White, Shaw, Chilwell

Henderson, Phillips, Bellingham, Mount, Rice

Kane, Sterling, Foden, Grealish, DCL, Rashford, Sancho

With Ramsdale, Lingard, JWP, Godfrey, Saka, Greenwood & Watkins all missing out. 

I think he'll take the extra CB in White, just in case Maguire picks up an injury early on in the tournament which will leave us short. 

You'd expect he will go to a back 5 if Maguire doesn't play which means Walker - Stones - Coady/Mings will be your back 3 with only 1 in reserve.

ENGLAND ANNOUNCE FINAL 26-MAN SQUAD

England's 26-man squad for this summer’s European Championship…

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham).

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Man City).

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Walker can play CB, Tripper has just won La Liga and been one of their better players, James is a much better defender than Alexander Arnold. I can see why the latter misses out, especially as we aren't exactly short of attacking talent elsewhere in the squad.

Meant as a late sub to put some quality balls on the box, no one better imo

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I dont know much about Jude Bellignham tbh, can anyone explain why he's been chosen over James Ward Prowse? 

Because he's been playing really well in a great Dortmund team, including against Man City in the Champions League QF.

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

TBH a few of them I’ve never heard of and probably shows how much attention I pay to the Premier League these days!

I thought Jesse Lindgard would get a shout after his form for West Ham though. 

Out of interest, who haven't you heard of?

There's a lot of young and exciting attacking talent in that squad. I have a feeling it's going to be the tournament in which Foden really shows his class. Shame our choice of keepers is so poor and we look a little light at centre back. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

If he was picking the best defender though Wan Bissaka would be in.

I think Trippier probably the best and Reece James looked very good in CL final the other night so not sure. I mean it’s one place we don’t need to worry about along with attacking options. Shame can’t be said about centre backs.

Archived