IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?

Unan

Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bloody rough that for Trent. Have to feel for him. Suppose that’ll be Ben White called in? It’s between him and Godfrey logically, Ben White cleared a shot off the line and Godfrey almost scored an obscene own goal. Think they may have made Southgate’s mind up. 

17 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Frees up a place for lingaard now

I’d probably have Ward Prowse in. You’ve got the likes of Mount and Foden to come in, all similar to Lingard.

JWP is a different type of midfielder to the others imo.

Wasn’t the best game but both teams trying to get through unscathed. 

We are still missing 10 from the squad and most would play or at least 4/5.

Trent getting injured a blessing imo. Frees up a space and he is imo the 4th best of the right backs 

Lots of positives from what I saw. 

Pickford’s passing, Bellingham best player on the pitch, Saka very impressive, Grealish got minutes after injury and looked very bright on and off the ball.  It’s a reserve side basically and a few players looked tired after a long season.  Austria are no mugs.  

Thought it was bang average myself.

Typical England. Ponderous, playing on the wrong side of the opposition midfield and defence. Got to learn to get in behind and panic their defence. Opposition centre backs were rarely troubled yet again. 

Was rather hoping the Champions League Final and a ‘go for the jugular’ approach may have persuaded Southgate to change his very safe ‘FA’ style. Clearly not. 

10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Typical England. Ponderous, playing on the wrong side of the opposition midfield and defence. Got to learn to get in behind and panic their defence. Opposition centre backs were rarely troubled yet again. 

Was rather hoping the Champions League Final and a ‘go for the jugular’ approach may have persuaded Southgate to change his very safe ‘FA’ style. Clearly not. 

Southgate needs binning sooner rather than later. 

23 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I was expecting a lot more from this evening but appreciate we were missing the Man City, Chelsea & Man U contingent as well as Henderson & Sancho

With it being so close to the tournament as well and players not wanting to pick up injuries it’s hardly surprising it was as dull as ditchwater 

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Saw this live and thought WTF...

For those who think he didn’t mean those altercations with Zlatan and Oliviera I think we have our answer. Gets in too many of these situations for it to be accidental.

I knew him when we were younger as we were both at Chippenham, also had a personal run in with him on a night out a couple of years ago something really silly - friend left a coat in the vip section of a club in bath, had his entourage forcibly stop us from going into “his” vip section to collect it.

Does a lot of good things for charity and fan interactions for sure, but I wonder how much of that is an act for social media tbh.

1 hour ago, Waffleflap said:

I know it was a friendly but what a load of old shite that was . 

What were you expecting? Half the squad missing, a team only interested in kicking lumps out of us and finishing with 9 men. We’d have been better off not playing that game

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

For those who think he didn’t mean those altercations with Zlatan and Oliviera I think we have our answer. Gets in too many of these situations for it to be accidental.

I knew him when we were younger as we were both at Chippenham, also had a personal run in with him on a night out a couple of years ago something really silly - friend left a coat in the vip section of a club in bath, had his entourage forcibly stop us from going into “his” vip section to collect it.

Does a lot of good things for charity and fan interactions for sure, but I wonder how much of that is an act for social media tbh.

What were you expecting? Half the squad missing, a team only interested in kicking lumps out of us and finishing with 9 men. We’d have been better off not playing that game

I was expecting exactly what I saw. Same old shite. 

Just an observation, but in my 35 years of consciously following England, ‘fans’ have always moaned and think it’s boring (on the whole), I think it’s just international football and most country’s fans probably feel the same.

I’ve never understood this ‘arrogant’ England tag, I’ve never known such a self deprecating, negative bunch.

9 hours ago, Waffleflap said:

I was expecting exactly what I saw. Same old shite. 

Why even bother then?

I know it’s “trendy” to hate on England buts it’s ******* boring to read.

we are what we are, a decent team who win more than they lose but aren’t the best team in the world. We aren’t going to bulldozer teams.

Just now, MarcusX said:

Why even bother then?

we are what we are, a decent team who win more than they lose but aren’t the best team in the world. We aren’t going to bulldozer teams.

Some people genuinely enjoy being negative about England more than if we succeeded. It's bizarre.

For the first time in about 15 years we actually have a squad capable of doing something. We could be stronger at CB, but our midfield and attacking options are the best we've had since 2006 IMO. 

I'm not sold on Southgate, but I won't take enjoyment if we do badly. 

11 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Bloody rough that for Trent. Have to feel for him. Suppose that’ll be Ben White called in? It’s between him and Godfrey logically, Ben White cleared a shot off the line and Godfrey almost scored an obscene own goal. Think they may have made Southgate’s mind up. 

I thought Trent A-A  looked defensively weak and let the opposing winger get past him several times - no loss if he is out in my opinion.  We need another centre half so why not White as he did well.  The other bloke from Everton who I'd not previously heard of looked inept.  

Not bothered if Henderson is injured as he does very little apart from run around a lot and point at people - Ward-Prowse a much more creative choice and offers a free-kick threat.  

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Heard from various people he’s actually a piece of work and plays big billy bollocks. So your post does not surprise me.

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Heard from various people he’s actually a piece of work and plays big billy bollocks. So your post does not surprise me.

Mings isn't as good as Tomori, Tarkowski, Webster and White but he still gets into the England team. Never really rated him, definitely not at international level

48 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why even bother then?

I dont hate on England. I just look at the squad we've had/got and how much they are supposedly worth but we never really get a tune out of them. 

What were people expecting from a friendly where we don't want anymore injuries and playing without a lot of our best/key players (Foden, Maguire, Stones, Mount, Sancho, Henderson, Shaw, James)? I expect similar on Sunday tbh in terms of performance. The only thing that matters is that by next Sunday they are ready to go and fully fit. 

The real concern is when we play the big teams and the lack of strength in depth at the back I think.

Wasn't great but missing a lot of players. 

Grealish wins you so many free kicks, can really get you up the pitch and give you a chance set piece wise. 

With Kane now playing the way he does coming deep to get the ball & create, we need pace & width up there with him. 

It's a tough one cause I think Grealish & Foden are both exceptional, I just don't think we can go with both. I'd have one & then either Sancho/Sterling on the other side to stretch opposition defences. 

Can you go with one in CM alongside Mount & Rice maybe? Are either of them disciplined enough defensively to play in there? Will expecting them to play a bit defensively stifle their attacking ability?

Really interested to see what Southgate does. 

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn't great but missing a lot of players. 

Grealish wins you so many free kicks, can really get you up the pitch and give you a chance set piece wise. 

With Kane now playing the way he does coming deep to get the ball & create, we need pace & width up there with him. 

It's a tough one cause I think Grealish & Foden are both exceptional, I just don't think we can go with both. I'd have one & then either Sancho/Sterling on the other side to stretch opposition defences. 

Can you go with one in CM alongside Mount & Rice maybe? Are either of them disciplined enough defensively to play in there? Will expecting them to play a bit defensively stifle their attacking ability?

Really interested to see what Southgate does. 

Could Mount play as a Centre Mid? Put Foden/Grealish in the creative role and have Mount involved a bit deeper? Starting to put square pegs in round holes and I'd rather just play the best in each position, rather than squeeze the 11 "best" players into a side, but it might be an option.

Agree with the comments about Kane, I'd personally have Sancho and Foden starting out wide. Sterling seems to cock up a 1 on 1 situation with the keeper at least once a game, did it in every knockout game Man City played this season, so I'd rather leave him on the bench.

Archived