IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?

Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Saw this live and thought WTF...

Very unpredictable isn't he. Does some bizarre things at times like stamping on players heads or things like that or just making strange decisions. Not my type of defender to be honest and much better defenders available imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Northern Red said:

He'll play 3 at the back if Maguire isn't fit. Suspect the only reason he didn't tonight was due to the lack of options.

Which doesn't fill me with any confidence whoever plays and whatever formation if no Maguire. Wish we had a Rio or JT!

Bloody rough that for Trent. Have to feel for him. Suppose that’ll be Ben White called in? It’s between him and Godfrey logically, Ben White cleared a shot off the line and Godfrey almost scored an obscene own goal. Think they may have made Southgate’s mind up. 

17 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Frees up a place for lingaard now

I’d probably have Ward Prowse in. You’ve got the likes of Mount and Foden to come in, all similar to Lingard.

JWP is a different type of midfielder to the others imo.

• Like 1

Wasn’t the best game but both teams trying to get through unscathed. 

We are still missing 10 from the squad and most would play or at least 4/5.

Trent getting injured a blessing imo. Frees up a space and he is imo the 4th best of the right backs 

Lots of positives from what I saw. 

Pickford’s passing, Bellingham best player on the pitch, Saka very impressive, Grealish got minutes after injury and looked very bright on and off the ball.  It’s a reserve side basically and a few players looked tired after a long season.  Austria are no mugs.  

Thought it was bang average myself.

Typical England. Ponderous, playing on the wrong side of the opposition midfield and defence. Got to learn to get in behind and panic their defence. Opposition centre backs were rarely troubled yet again. 

Was rather hoping the Champions League Final and a ‘go for the jugular’ approach may have persuaded Southgate to change his very safe ‘FA’ style. Clearly not. 

10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Typical England. Ponderous, playing on the wrong side of the opposition midfield and defence. Got to learn to get in behind and panic their defence. Opposition centre backs were rarely troubled yet again. 

Was rather hoping the Champions League Final and a ‘go for the jugular’ approach may have persuaded Southgate to change his very safe ‘FA’ style. Clearly not. 

Southgate needs binning sooner rather than later. 

23 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I was expecting a lot more from this evening but appreciate we were missing the Man City, Chelsea & Man U contingent as well as Henderson & Sancho

With it being so close to the tournament as well and players not wanting to pick up injuries it’s hardly surprising it was as dull as ditchwater