Jump to content
IGNORED

Your 26 man England Squad?


Your 26 man England Squad?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

4231 could allocate it.

                                                      Pickford

                    TAA          Stones                  Maguire            Shaw

                                          Rice              Philips

                                        Grealish  Foden  Sterling

                                                       Kane

That’d be ok. Not a massive Sterling fan myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can they not both play? I’d be more than happy to drop Sterling... for me he flatters to deceive far too regularly plus his finishing is pretty poor. 

I agree with that. Foden on LW maybe? Midfield 3 of Grealish, Mount and Rice?

Think we need to go into the tournament with the mindset we are going to score more than you. Our offensive players are far to good to go with a boring defensive set up 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

Adam Webster?

I don't think they'll blood anyone new to the setup this close to the start. He's definitely putting himself on the radar for future squads though.

Do we have an England appearance add on in the transfer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can they not both play? I’d be more than happy to drop Sterling... for me he flatters to deceive far too regularly plus his finishing is pretty poor. 

Sterling currently struggling to make the 26 if we're basing it off this season, been dire. Foden at LW, Sancho on the right and Kane up top is the form attack right now. Grealish is some player but I don't think he's first choice out wide or in the creative role, I'd rather have Mount creating and I'd rather have Foden out wide. That said, wouldn't be complaining if he was chosen over Foden, they're two top players.

Bellingham should be starting. Age aside he's one of the best centre mids available, puts an incredible shift in every week in the Bundesliga and was arguably (in my biased England fan view) the best midfielder over the two legs against Man City. Absolutely dominated their midfield at age 17, if he put in the exact same performances and conducted himself the same, but he was say 23, there wouldn't even be a discussion about it. Followed him and Sancho at Dortmund with great interest and they're both hitting their stride at the perfect time for the summer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Redpool said:

I agree with that. Foden on LW maybe? Midfield 3 of Grealish, Mount and Rice?

Think we need to go into the tournament with the mindset we are going to score more than you. Our offensive players are far to good to go with a boring defensive set up 

Completely agree, I'd love to see that midfield as well but worry about it defensively. Our defence is makeshift at best, as you say just go and score some goals and hope for the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Sterling currently struggling to make the 26 if we're basing it off this season, been dire. Foden at LW, Sancho on the right and Kane up top is the form attack right now. Grealish is some player but I don't think he's first choice out wide or in the creative role, I'd rather have Mount creating and I'd rather have Foden out wide. That said, wouldn't be complaining if he was chosen over Foden, they're two top players.

Bellingham should be starting. Age aside he's one of the best centre mids available, puts an incredible shift in every week in the Bundesliga and was arguably (in my biased England fan view) the best midfielder over the two legs against Man City. Absolutely dominated their midfield at age 17, if he put in the exact same performances and conducted himself the same, but he was say 23, there wouldn't even be a discussion about it. Followed him and Sancho at Dortmund with great interest and they're both hitting their stride at the perfect time for the summer.

Sterling will definitely make the squad and probably start the first game. Southgate puts a lot of emphasis on what players have done in an England shirt.

Southgate will pick Mings and Ward-Prowse in the squad I reckon which I don’t get at all. Mings is about 12th choice centre back for me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Sterling will definitely make the squad and probably start the first game. Southgate puts a lot of emphasis on what players have done in an England shirt.

Southgate will pick Mings and Ward-Prowse in the squad I reckon which I don’t get at all. Mings is about 12th choice centre back for me!

Yeah wasn't saying he won't be there, just if the XI was based on their form this season then Sterling would be struggling to get in the squad, never mind start. Southgate has rightly criticised Trent's defensive performances, it's hypocritical to then include and probably start Sterling after he's lost his spot to Foden. His cameo appearances off the bench against Dortmund and other big teams have exposed him for having a lack of composure, watched him skin two defenders, be one on one with plenty of time and put the ball wide.

Mings is an absolute donkey and the sooner he's shown up for it the better. I agree, I'd rather have any of Brighton's CBs over him at the least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure about an entire squad, but for a starting 11 I'd love to see us give this a go. No idea on GK really so Pickford is there as a placeholder. 

Pickford

Trent - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Henderson - Mount

Grealish

Sterling - Kane - Foden

I think that's a strong side and potentially very exciting. You could argue it's far too offensive, but Mount is very adaptable. You could play Rice for Grealish and move Mount further up if you needed more stability against better sides.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people think Trent will be left out of the squad, which to me is just madness even if he's not your starting full back why not take an attacking full back should we need one. This England side has so much attacking potential yet Southgate is just focused on the defensive rigidity of the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

A lot of people think Trent will be left out of the squad, which to me is just madness even if he's not your starting full back why not take an attacking full back should we need one. This England side has so much attacking potential yet Southgate is just focused on the defensive rigidity of the side.

I would be amazed if we win a tournament with Southgate. I'd love to be proven wrong, but he seems incredibly cautious and sets up his teams to be very boring.

For this tournament cycle we have an awful lot of genuine talent and I have a horrible feeling he will end up wasting it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

A lot of people think Trent will be left out of the squad, which to me is just madness even if he's not your starting full back why not take an attacking full back should we need one. This England side has so much attacking potential yet Southgate is just focused on the defensive rigidity of the side.

I didn't vote for TAA simply because I was trying to vote for the squad I wanted that I thought Southgate would pick but I agree.

There may well be three right backs, especially given Walker or maybe James can play in the centre. It ought to be possible to take one RB/RCB, one defensive RB and one attacking RB and, attacking RB-wise, you'd have to go Alexander-Arnold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

A lot of people think Trent will be left out of the squad, which to me is just madness even if he's not your starting full back why not take an attacking full back should we need one. This England side has so much attacking potential yet Southgate is just focused on the defensive rigidity of the side.

Agreed, I think it's Southgate's way of trying to compensate for defensive issues, which is why I think England have often played the back 5 with 2 defensive minded central midfielders. I'd rather see us use the attacking talent we have and go for something similar to what you posted earlier in the thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Agreed, I think it's Southgate's way of trying to compensate for defensive issues, which is why I think England have often played the back 5 with 2 defensive minded central midfielders. I'd rather see us use the attacking talent we have and go for something similar to what you posted earlier in the thread. 

Exactly, got to play to your strengths and our strengths is attacking players, but nope he'll play 2 or 3 Defensive midfielders most games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Exactly, got to play to your strengths and our strengths is attacking players, but nope he'll play 2 or 3 Defensive midfielders most games.

Should have removed Southgate last year. Truly believe this is our best chance of winning something since '66, and we are looking to mess it up once more with a poor Head Coach in charge. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Should have removed Southgate last year. Truly believe this is our best chance of winning something since '66, and we are looking to mess it up once more with a poor Head Coach in charge. 

What worries me is we did struggle against Poland at Wembley in March, we lost to Denmark in October, and I haven't forgotten the Nations League finals' result against Netherlands either. I'm slightly concerned we could struggle to get out the group and that's not me being pessimistic, I blame it on who we have in charge as that team is the best on paper in the Group. 
He's too loyal to some of his old guard (Sterling, Trippier, Dier) and way too cautious. Sadly FA are blinkered by a yes man and 'we reached the semis in 2018' and can't see him leaving unless we completely flop this Summer. Truth is, with the sides we faced in 2018 World Cup we should have got to the Semi finals and should have beaten Croatia.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I think your all forgetting it's southgate picking the squad so probs be 5 holding midfielders with two of them starting each game

I was starting to get excited for this competition until I remember negative Southgate picks the squad. Two defensive Midfielders no matter who we play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, 2015 said:

What worries me is we did struggle against Poland at Wembley in March, we lost to Denmark in October, and I haven't forgotten the Nations League finals' result against Netherlands either. I'm slightly concerned we could struggle to get out the group and that's not me being pessimistic, I blame it on who we have in charge as that team is the best on paper in the Group. 
He's too loyal to some of his old guard (Sterling, Trippier, Dier) and way too cautious. Sadly FA are blinkered by a yes man and 'we reached the semis in 2018' and can't see him leaving unless we completely flop this Summer. Truth is, with the sides we faced in 2018 World Cup we should have got to the Semi finals and should have beaten Croatia.

Agreed. The dogmatic 'English coaches only' after the bad experience with Capello is a terrible idea. Limits our pool significantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

 

 

James is nowhere near the level of Trent. AWB is a better defender but poor going forward. Walker is prone to mistakes (granted Trent is as well) Trippier isn't the best defensively.

For me it's a no brainer to pick him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2021 at 13:49, Banned User said:

What's your 26 man England squad? (Split into three questions because OTIB limits the polls to 24 questions)

 

 

I admire your humour level including Danny Rose

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...