IGNORED

Dave Rennie Appointed

Lydered

Looks a great signing. Imagine having a medical team you can trust and who know their job. Brilliant. I am filled with enthusiasm all of a sudden. Pearson, Gould,Rennie compare that to Holden,Ashton,Rolls. We are really moving in the right direction. COYR.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

That's a tweak to the the job title right?

FFS Only just joined and he's already tweaked his job title!!  Jesus wept. 

Sound like a great appointment.   Must be a big relief for the players as well as us.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

As a young lad always used to shout “Dave Rennie” when taking a 25 yard shot. 

I know that this isn’t our Dave Rennie, but was our Dave Rennie known was having a hammer foot, or taking long shots, or would this have just been a childhood memory based on what we’d seen ourselves at Ashton Gate?

Not wrong, he scored a wonderful 30 plus yarder away to Reading (1-1) .

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not wrong, he scored a wonderful 30 plus yarder away to Reading (1-1) .

And not forgetting Boxing Day 1990, City 4 Portsmouth 1.

A screamer from 30 yards that flew like a bolt into the bottom corner, barely rising more than a couple of feet off the ground.

I believe they used to call it "a fulminating drive".  

I can still see it now. What a beauty,

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

7C083583-9889-40AA-8DA6-FB85FDB42AAA.jpeg.451d8f718c721d3083c213660d497177.jpeg

What game was this? I think it may have been my first ever game as a real nipper.

Memory fades, as it’s going back around 30 years and I was only 5/6. I remember my first game as ending in a pitch invasion to celebrate promotion. In my head, it was either v Walsall or Oldham and I think it may have been a 2-2 draw. Anyway, memories hazy of that era! Remember being lifted over the barriers for free by a friendly steward ?

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What game was this? I think it may have been my first ever game as a real nipper.

Memory fades, as it’s going back around 30 years and I was only 5/6. I remember my first game as ending in a pitch invasion to celebrate promotion. In my head, it was either v Walsall or Oldham and I think it may have been a 2-2 draw. Anyway, memories hazy of that era! Remember being lifted over the barriers for free by a friendly steward ?

Bristol City 4 Walsall 0 . May 5th 1990

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Last game of the 1989/90 promotion season. City 4 Walsall 0.

We like playing Walsall at the end of promotion seasons. 

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Really pleased another thing has been sorted. Hopefully we’ll see a fitter, more physically resilient squad. 

I love that photo and the footage of that game. The scenes that day were mad. I remember it really well. Great memories. I can’t imagine scenes like that being allowed now. 

The safety brigade are hell bent on preventing anything remotely exciting about being in a football ground these days. You'd probably face arrest and a ban for having the audacity to stand on the grass these days. And don't get me started about the 'kin lights having to be left on during night games. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And not forgetting Boxing Day 1990, City 4 Portsmouth 1.

A screamer from 30 yards that flew like a bolt into the bottom corner, barely rising more than a couple of feet off the ground.

I believe they used to call it "a fulminating drive".  

I can still see it now. What a beauty,

What an enjoyable romp that season was, winning 20 games and scoring 68. 2007/8 and 2018/19 we gained more points, but only Gary managed as many wins and neither Johnson managed as many goals as 90/91 (Lee's 17/18 lot scored 67). No Alan Dicks team scored as many either, although fewer games then of course (think his best was 63 in early 70s).

Archived