IGNORED

The OTIB derby - Sunderland vs Lincoln match day thread

Fordy62

A game which will no doubt polarise OTIB, I’m sure there aren’t many of who don’t swing one way or the other no matter how mildly. 

My wife was born in Lincoln. So obviously, for that reason alone ? I’ll be behind the Imps. 

It’ll be nice to watch a game with some allegiance, but with none of the normal pressures I’d associate with watching City. 

Roll on 1530hrs and a nice pint of Weston’s Vintage and we’ll see who will earn the chance to take on Blackpool for the right to play us next season.

COYI!

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My interest in this one is who is gonna be good enough to beat Blackpool in the final, so us signing Jerry Yates becomes easier.

Blackpool's Play off record is also phenomenal

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A game which will no doubt polarise OTIB, I’m sure there aren’t many of who don’t swing one way or the other no matter how mildly. 

My wife was born in Lincoln. So obviously, for that reason alone ? I’ll be behind the Imps. 

It’ll be nice to watch a game with some allegiance, but with none of the normal pressures I’d associate with watching City. 

Roll on 1530hrs and a nice pint of Weston’s Vintage and we’ll see who will earn the chance to take on Blackpool for the right to play us next season.

COYI!

Lincoln for me

Got a tenner on Bournemouth, Lincoln and Newport coming out on top. I’m not much of a gambler but I love the play offs and having a little bit of money on it makes it that much more interesting. 

Also, the narcissist in me is looking forward to watching the Sunderland meltdown if they don’t go up. Poor old Brent 

2 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Lincoln for me purely because the last time I earnestly played a football manager game (Football Manager 2016) I took Lincoln from the Conference to the Prem and ended up winning loads of trophies with them!

I enjoy this as a reason! In a similar way I quite like Barnet! ?

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I prefer that Sunderland stay down and that a plucky little club like Wycombe , get the chance of their’ day in the sun’ .

Has to be Lincoln for me.

A nice cultural visit to the cathedral before the match  beckons.

:drunk2:

It genuinely is a lovely place isn’t it? 

32 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Also, the narcissist in me is looking forward to watching the Sunderland meltdown if they don’t go up. Poor old Brent 

I half watched the first leg and (mcGeay aside) it was Bristol City Mark II. I didn't think Sunderland ever looked like scoring. I fully expect the Makem's to last about 10 minutes before getting on the players backs. They'll be baying for LJ's head by half-time. I definately tuning into this one.

Definitely Lincoln and then don't mind between them and Blackpool.

Both better days out than Sunderland. Also, when Sunderland finally do make it out of League 1 with their new owner and his money they'll be a much bigger threat than the other two.

Funniest thing about this game is the goalkeeper Josef Bursik playing on loan for Lincoln. Played on loan for Posh this season and helped them get promoted and now on loan at Lincoln and played well much to the annoyance of LJ who couldn't sign an emergency defender. Goalkeeper emergency loans being exempt from Player registration and loan limits.

Archived