IGNORED

The OTIB derby - Sunderland vs Lincoln match day thread

Fordy62

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

One ground ive never been sincil bank.

Im rooting for blackpool, now that place has culture....

Used to watch Lincoln on Friday nights when I was up there for a while. They had a good team then with John Ward banging in the goals (I think they scored 100 or so that season) and Graham Taylor as manager.

Other than the football, it was the most boring place imaginable.

My paternal grandfather was station master at Lincoln and we used to visit him as kids. Lincoln is a lovely city and he took me to Sincil Bank in the late 60s. He stood behind goal at the back of the stand with his mates and allowed me the freedom to run and roam around. I loved it!

Ive always had a soft spot for the Imps

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m sure there aren’t many of who don’t swing one way or the other no matter how mildly. 

Been difficult during lockdown especially with all the good pubs / clubs closed.

Lincoln won't survive this if they don't come out and play a bit.

Worked there for a while and, as the Major said, it's  a lovely place. Long way though.

When my daughter had her 12th birthday, I drove from Lincoln to Bristol and back again, a long, long, boring drive.

I’ll have Lincoln for the win purely for the entirely petty reason that Lee Burge and I made it to the final round of Worcestershire county trials for the keeper position back in the day. 

He got picked and went on from those trials to sign for Coventry’s academy.

I’ll have a Pint of bitter please! ?

It's the Black Cats for me. With the in-laws living in the North East, when City have an away game in the region we go visit them usually for a long weekend and take in the game. After endless trips to the Riverside, plus a few games at Hartlepool, Newcastle, Carlisle over the years but only one visit to the SoL, I'd really like to see them back up.

Plus I actually *like* Lee Johnson. I know right?!

2-2 get in ?

Archived