IGNORED

The OTIB derby - Sunderland vs Lincoln match day thread

Fordy62

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Lincoln just have not turned up, turning it off, painful watch.

I wonder if we’re seeing the effect of the fans in the stadium - 10k Sunderland fans in the ground right up for it; Lincoln crumbling (so far). 

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

I wonder if we’re seeing the effect of the fans in the stadium - 10k Sunderland fans in the ground right up for it; Lincoln crumbling (so far). 

If there were no restrictions Lincoln would have absolutely no idea what they would be facing, 35,000 + screaming Mackems would be bedlam.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

If there were no restrictions Lincoln would have absolutely no idea what they would be facing, 35,000 + screaming Mackems would be bedlam.

Me 30 minutes ago: Having fans back is great.

Me now, after 30 minutes of that Sunderland fan banging on that piece of metal: Behind-closed-doors games were great.

No more than Sunderland deserve, really. I watched the first leg. It was tight, not a lot between the two sides. Imps a shade fortunate to come out of it two goals up. Sunderland hit the woodwork twice, Lincoln go up the other end and score, then get another gift of a goal.

I decided there and then to watch today, knowing that an early goal for Sunderland would make it an exciting game. No agenda. Not pro or anti-LJ. Just like “proper “ English football, as opposed to watching that bunch of overpaid tarts in the PL. Don’t mind who wins, though I think Lincoln will get murdered if they go up. HT 2-2. Cracking second half in prospect.

If Sunderland can keep up this intensity for 90, they win, simple as.

Scores level, things start to go through players minds, no one wants to be the one to take a risk as the game gets closer to the end. Anything could still happen.

Difficult to argue Sunderland deserve that at the moment however.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What are you basing that on? Not just 45 mins of football I hope!!

No. Basing it on the technical quality of the players - which, in the main, is poor.

Strangely, although being outplayed, Lincoln look to have some better technical players imo. Reminds me of Coventry, whereas Sunderland remind me of Rotherham.

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Really? I don’t quite see how you reach that conclusion. You’re seeing a different game from the one most of us are watching.

Might have phrased it badly? ‘Sunderland deserve to lead at half time by two’ better?

edit “ah, meant ‘difficult to argue they don’t deserve that’ :laugh:. They are well worth the lead.

Archived