IGNORED

The OTIB derby - Sunderland vs Lincoln match day thread

Fordy62

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Wife booked Cinema tickets for bloody half three  I’m sat watching Peter Rabbit  

missing much?

Nah not much, 3 goals, missed penalty, player booked for diving to try and win a penalty, player not squaring the ball when it was 2 v 1 defender and missing

BBC online commentator saying Appleton saw what was needed and tweaked it HT and they've been on top since. 

I liked LJ but for me this was always a weakness of his. He didn't have the ability to change tactics if things weren't working. His only idea seemed to be throw on 4 attackers once we were desperate in a game. 

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

BBC online commentator saying Appleton saw what was needed and tweaked it HT and they've been on top since. 

I liked LJ but for me this was always a weakness of his. He didn't have the ability to change tactics if things weren't working. His only idea seemed to be throw on 4 attackers once we were desperate in a game. 

I think he was a poor reader of the 90 minutes in front of him, hence most changes were gung-ho or done at h-t.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he was a poor reader of the 90 minutes in front of him, hence most changes were gung-ho or done at h-t.

Yes given a few days prep he seems to know what to do, as soon as the opposition react he has one play which is randomly bringing on attacking players. 

Archived