IGNORED

The OTIB derby - Sunderland vs Lincoln match day thread

Fordy62

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Skuse was a really good player, not a great one. 

Had he been in the latter then he’d have been snapped up by PL outfit.

Bloody hell. Revisionism at its finest ?. He was good to average.  At best. Great servant though but if he wasn’t a City / Bristol boy he wouldn’t be so fondly remembered I guarantee.  

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

But MANY would disagree with you, but he never went up a level

Very easy to like "one of our own" but dislike everything about someone that isn't

Well......those that disagree clearly failed to appreciate the  roles Skuse fulfilled. A strong tackling defensive midfielder and versatile enough to play at full back. Nothing spectacular about those positions which is why he went unnoticed in games despite being an integral part of the team. 

Pack played the same role but imo wasn’t a patch on Skuse.

Its all about opinions Phants. 

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bloody hell. Revisionism at its finest ?. He was good to average.  At best. Great servant though but if he wasn’t a City / Bristol boy he wouldn’t be so fondly remembered I guarantee.  

The tractor boys remember him just as fondly and he wasn’t a Suffolk boy! 

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well......those that disagree clearly failed to appreciate the  roles Skuse fulfilled. A strong tackling defensive midfielder and versatile enough to play at full back. Nothing spectacular about those positions which is why he went unnoticed in games despite being an integral part of the team. 

Pack played the same role but imo wasn’t a patch on Skuse.

Its all about opinions Phants. 

Spot on.

Whilst ultimately I do agree with you, was trying to highlight how it is all about opinions

One mans MOTM could easily be someone elses worst player on the pitch

Archived