IGNORED

Gas sub forum?

Red Skin

I don't bother with the massive thread, but occasionally there is the odd current topic that I might want to look at.  Pain in the arse when it's all dumped one thread, so why not have a subforum?

I know people will say it's giving the kudos, but if have a subforum won't mean in itself any more or less comments.  Are our egos so fragile we can't cope with just organising stuff so it works better?

Either that or get rid of the single thread nonsense and let each individual topic stand in its own like it used to.   If our board is flooded with shite about them then so be it, I'll just continue to ignore what I don't want to see. 

P.S.  I keep getting 'awards' for posting this kind of nonsense.  How many posts do to need to achieve the ' You wanna get out a bit more, mate' award?

Should we have a sub forum for ex managers and players as well?

What about a sub forum for specific players?

What about one for backroom staff?

We could have just have match day threads under football chat. 

One benefit of having a subforum for local rivals - not just the gas - is that those people who couldn't give a monkey's about them never have to see the threads.

As per the OP it would allow different threads and to select what you are interested in.  The gas thread went all nostalgia for particular Bristol pubs for a few pages.  Now it's great that people want to chat about such things but it's also a lot to wade through if you only want to know for how many years Joey Barton has been incarcerated.

I would say the same applies for the Bristol Women's team thread.  I have no complaints about this because, unlike when it was discussed over multiple threads and I would find myself clicking on them thinking that it was about the (men's) first team, I now know where such discussion happens and I simply ignore it.

However for those who are interested in the team then they are also having to wade through subjects not of interest to them to find what they wish to discuss.

Yes that single thread is long, way too long, and gets way too much attention in my opinion. A single thread is all I'd want to give them. Their own sub-forum, definitely not. After all, it's supposedly them who are obsessed with us, right?

Whilst the gas thread is my favourite part of the forum, and I'm always more or less up to date on it, I do feel that the OP has a point because I see many other threads that look like they might contain some content of interest but have already reached 20 pages, so my immediate reaction is "ah sod it, life's too short, next". 

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

P.S.  I keep getting 'awards' for posting this kind of nonsense.  How many posts do to need to achieve the ' You wanna get out a bit more, mate' award?

You should be getting it soon I think

I can’t believe anyone is so fragile that the very sight of a thread title is upsetting to them. If that is the case then I suspect the content of a football forum is the least of their worries.

Imo why change? The current format is neat, doesn’t take up mountains of space on the front page for their, almost daily, embarrassing adventures and...best of all...they can and DO read it themselves.

Theres tonnes of threads on here that I imagine are mind numbingly boring just from the title so I don't even bother clicking on them in the first place. Adults shouldn’t need this explained to them.

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Not sure what you mean.   ?

We decide collectively if we do, then stuff just goes in there.

This is farcical. Someone would suggest a new subject, then everyone has a vote, then it goes into the main thread or a sun forum. If it gets complicated we would have to have several sub forums, each with its own topic with a voting system to decide what goes into each. 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is farcical. Someone would suggest a new subject, then everyone has a vote, then it goes into the main thread or a sun forum. If it gets complicated we would have to have several sub forums, each with its own topic with a voting system to decide what goes into each. 

I like it.

So each forum has a subcommittee and when the main forum subcommittee proposes to move a topic to a sub forum then the sub forum subcommittee holds a meeting to discuss whether they will choose to accept it.

In the event of its rejecting the proposed thread then the matter goes to the Threads Arbitration subcommittee to make a decision.

If either the main forum subcommittee or sub forum subcommittee disagrees with the decision of the Threads Arbitration subcommittee then it goes to the Threads Ombudsman subcommittee on appeal.

Some of the subcommittee titles might need a little polish but there's a workable structure right there.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Calm down. It would just work like the Transfer forum.  I set up a vote on whether a sub forum was a good idea and OTIB decided a Transfer sub forum was worth doing.  Now people just put transfer stuff in there.   Not sure how else you thought it would work?  Sounds like you are over thinking it. ?

1 minute ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Given the title of this forum and the fact that we are now two divisions above them I don’t see why we need the main thread about them, let alone numerous sub-forums. 
Just ignore them. They are irrelevant. Not even worth working up a hatred for them.

Absolutely.

Theres a time and a place for having a laugh with likeminded people who all share a love for a football club and OTIB and Ashton Gate are NOT it!

Theres a thread about Nuno whatshisface the Wolves manager on here. Haven’t got a clue what it’s about but hopefully it’ll be deleted soon as we are light years away from the likes of Wolves at the moment.

3 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Whilst the gas thread is my favourite part of the forum, and I'm always more or less up to date on it, I do feel that the OP has a point because I see many other threads that look like they might contain some content of interest but have already reached 20 pages, so my immediate reaction is "ah sod it, life's too short, next". 

Life is too short to even worry about them. They don’t seem bothered by us any more. 

Archived