IGNORED

Important- Please Read

slartibartfast

Bloody annoying ain't it ?  Just had four pieces of post, two with the above legend, and one with IMPORTANT-This is NOT a circular.  This is one of my pet hates. Do they think I'm just going to bin them without opening them?  I must admit i'm more tempted to do it to one with this on !

How dare they assume that we're all numptys  who bin everything we don't recognize !

Whilst on the subject, I keep getting unsolicited glorified circulars, BUT in official looking BROWN envelopes (like the government send ) I suppose they think they're very clever, this will make him open it !

Just wondered if I'm the only one to get angry at these sort of things ?     Rant over.

P.S.    Ironically, they weren't a bit "important ".

55 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Bloody annoying ain't it ?  Just had four pieces of post, two with the above legend, and one with IMPORTANT-This is NOT a circular.  This is one of my pet hates. Do they think I'm just going to bin them without opening them?  I must admit i'm more tempted to do it to one with this on !

How dare they assume that we're all numptys  who bin everything we don't recognize !

Whilst on the subject, I keep getting unsolicited glorified circulars, BUT in official looking BROWN envelopes (like the government send ) I suppose they think they're very clever, this will make him open it !

Just wondered if I'm the only one to get angry at these sort of things ?     Rant over.

As a general guide if they are in rectangular envelopes then they aren't circulars ?

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm sure I once read a news story about some bloke who had opted out of mailings, junkmail and all that guff, only to still be on the receiving end of unsolicited mail.

His solution was to set up a limited company and then send back to the company his assessment of their mailing along with the bill for using his services.

No idea if he was able to get any money out of these companies, or if they stopped sending mail to him or not.

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I have a fear of the brown envelope!  They usually arrive on a Friday leaving no time to sort anything out until the following week!

5 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I have a fear of the brown envelope!  They usually arrive on a Friday leaving no time to sort anything out until the following week!

When I worked for the Council and we had something shitty to send to particularly obnoxious tenants we used to make sure we sent it first class on a Friday just to ruin their weekends.

If they enclose a reply paid envelope, which some do, stick everything back in it, together with any other rubbish mail you may have, and write "Please do not send me any more crap".

Alternatively, stick it all back in the envelope it came in, stick it down with Sellotape, write "Please do not send me any more crap" address it to whoever sent it and send it back to them without a stamp.

Make it as heavy as possible, as they will be paying the postage.

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You think that’s bad I’ve had numerous texts from the post office saying I have to pay money to get a parcel,I’m £80 down and I’ve strangled the postman about 8 times and all he says it’s a scam,but I think he’s pocketing the parcels myself 

I keep getting calls from a mobile which have a robot voice saying my National Insurance Number has been involved in illegal activities and I need to speak to an agent to discuss the criminalities I have been involved in. I was having a bad day at work so pressed '1' to speak to an agent. An Indian gentleman named Keith answered and I called him an idiot. He got all flustered and said "you think I'm an idiot?" and I hung up.

Felt good.

19 hours ago, Redtucks said:

If they enclose a reply paid envelope, which some do, stick everything back in it, together with any other rubbish mail you may have, and write "Please do not send me any more crap".

Alternatively, stick it all back in the envelope it came in, stick it down with Sellotape, write "Please do not send me any more crap" address it to whoever sent it and send it back to them without a stamp.

Make it as heavy as possible, as they will be paying the postage.

:thumbsup:

Include a few stones and bit of dry dirt as well. Adds to the weight, and it'll go everywhere when they open it.

You can thank me later :bounce:

Archived