IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

kiwicolin

12 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

There are many things wrong with some of his comments after leaving us.But you can’t deny most of his goals were self made and often Worldies.

That goal at QPR was special.

Just never really had the players around him for the team to push on.

I thought we might have another Andy Cole on our hands at times in his first season.

Something went badly wrong after his mysterious close season injury though and he was never the same, whether physically or mentally.

Just now, Robbored said:

Have I got the right player?

No. Maynard has always played in England apart from a season in Scotland with Aberdeen. As recently as 2 years ago he scored 21 goals in a season for Bury so to say he's stealing a living isn't true...

Just now, DaveF said:

No. Maynard has always played in England apart from a season in Scotland with Aberdeen. As recently as 2 years ago he scored 21 goals in a season for Bury so to say he's stealing a living isn't true...

Maybe it was Lita who was playing in Maylasia.

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I thought we might have another Andy Cole on our hands at times in his first season.

Something went badly wrong after his mysterious close season injury though and he was never the same, whether physically or mentally.

Went to West Ham and was playing LWB or similar for Big Sam - didn’t work 

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

@Robbored predictability gone quiet, after Maynard scores the winner.

He'll probably reply with just an emoji, he does that when he looks silly (ie often)

Maynard scored the winner? The standard was so poor that I switched channels.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maynard scored the winner? The standard was so poor that I switched channels.

Horrible conditions, I thought it was an entertaining game. TBF Maynard took the goal well. 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

He was quality. Thought it was only a matter of time before he earned a big move and went onto a great career. 

As you say, that injury knackered him. 

Shame he left under a cloud. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fantastic player and probably the best forward we have had in the last 15 years... couldn’t give a shit what he said about the Bristol accent... as I agree it’s dreadful

Bleedin ell, ark at ee! You’ll be telling us you don’t like cod lots next. 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I heard it mentioned on several occasions that the injury was due to dry ski slope incident, but does anybody know what really happened?

Archived