IGNORED

Extended interview with KEITH MILLEN

Shtanley

32 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I take it, it's safe to say, after KM wouldn't give a name for the person making all those crazy signings, if it wasn't the management team or the Chief Exec then it must have been Steve Lansdown?

Brilliant interview by the way 

Yep, and he wouldnt give the name, but then said he feels he has unfinished business with the club!!! Nearly finished the interview now, really good listen!

40 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We've had some "Keiths," mind, over the years: Keith Fear, Keith Curle, Keith Waugh, Keith Welch, Keith Millen. Time we had another Keith.

Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith…:drunk2:

Another cracker, thanks guys, another good guy who I did not really warm to at the time, but hearing this has completely changed my mind.

what was the back story / stories around the sighing of Styver? Was it a thought to be dodgy in terms of exchanges of money in brown bags etc as was popular at the time, or was it simply a c0ck up!, I think he scored plenty for some Austrian club before joining, but my memory is shot

Kudos to the various podcasts for managing to get so many ex players , coaches, managers to share their stories. 

I think the ‘cider with’ popcasts are the better ones, think @Shtanleyand @petehintonare very good at getting stories out of their guests, and putting them at ease.

Although, for me personally the best one so far has been the 3peaps in a podcast with Thorpe, Murray & Carey. 

23 minutes ago, daored said:

Kudos to the various podcasts for managing to get so many ex players , coaches, managers to share their stories. 

I think the ‘cider with’ popcasts are the better ones, think @Shtanleyand @petehintonare very good at getting stories out of their guests, and putting them at ease.

Although, for me personally the best one so far has been the 3peaps in a podcast with Thorpe, Murray & Carey. 

Did you get the impression that Murray wanted to get a point across about Thorpe's teeth and the nickname of Fletch? Great guy but if he said it once he said it a million times. 

He doesn't mention it, but when he talks about being sent off in the second leg against Palace, I'm sure he never actually left and was to the side of the dugout at the front of the stand frantically relaying instructions to GJ and the team. Always amazed me the fourth official didn't stop him. If you see his reaction after our two goals (or Noble's at Selhurst) you'll see how organised he was.

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I take it, it's safe to say, after KM wouldn't give a name for the person making all those crazy signings, if it wasn't the management team or the Chief Exec then it must have been Steve Lansdown?

Brilliant interview by the way 

13 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Yep, and he wouldnt give the name, but then said he feels he has unfinished business with the club!!! Nearly finished the interview now, really good listen!

Might have misheard, but I'm pretty sure he did rule out Lansdown. Though could be just protection of course.

9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Might have misheard, but I'm pretty sure he did rule out Lansdown. Though could be just protection of course.

Wasn't it SL who made initial contact with Dave James ?

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Oh yeah but I think when he was referring to the wider transfer policy in general, he can’t remember where it was coming from? Might have to listen back.

Millen either has a bad or selective memory, or maybe just careful ;)

Archived