IGNORED

The Pinter. As advertised on telly

Norn Iron

Apparently, the Pinter guys eventually turned down the Dragon's offer.

However, here's the latest behind the scenes news.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/movers/former-camden-boss-keary-is-made-md-at-home-brewer-pinter/664183.article

The concept of freshly made croissants?

https://tarlabakes.com/

From the new Pinter MD!

On 07/01/2022 at 00:03, Norn Iron said:

Yep. Try it next time with my recipe and then you can experiment.

Dark Matter is exceptional. Looking forward to your review.

I don't think I ever told you my thoughts on Dark Matter? Truly exceptional. I'm a fan of stouts and I think this knocks Guinness out of the park. Really rich, full flavour, a hint of bitterness but so so smooth. Very drinkable - I demolished five pints on Friday and could have drank more. Sadly I'm out of all supplies now - Uplands Social will be ready in about two weeks - have to take a trip to the offy!

I find with all the beers I bottle (1 carb drop per 500ml bottle) is that they are very excitable when I pop the lid. Here's my lounge ceiling after Dark Matter - this is why I stand in the garden to open haha

IMG_20220304_213055.jpg

• Thanks 1

Uplands Social and Public House are fantastic beers.

I've ordered the new beer of the month which is their take on the classic brown ale with an American twist. Should be here next weekend.

Their Von Tap Austrian Lager is very malty. It's interesting, but not as good as the West Nuevo Californian lager. The American Stars and Stripes IPA ticks all my boxes and is up there with Public House and Uplands Social.

I'm so pleased you like DM. They really have it nailed re a stout. I'll have to make it again. I have seen photos of other people having a similar ceiling experience from  a DM bottle!

One carb drop is spot on per 500ml. I then let my bottles rest in same place as the Pinter when brewing, namely on top of the Dishwasher in the kitchen. However, I cover the bottles with a teatowel to stop light getting in. I allow them to rest for 5 days minimum before doing another cold crash for 48 hours to kill off any secondary fermentation.

Did you put the DM back into the fridge?  I ask as some people have had the ceiling feeling because they didn't put the bottles back in the fridge.

12 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Uplands Social and Public House are fantastic beers.

I've ordered the new beer of the month which is their take on the classic brown ale with an American twist. Should be here next weekend.

Their Von Tap Austrian Lager is very malty. It's interesting, but not as good as the West Nuevo Californian lager. The American Stars and Stripes IPA ticks all my boxes and is up there with Public House and Uplands Social.

I'm so pleased you like DM. They really have it nailed re a stout. I'll have to make it again. I have seen photos of other people having a similar ceiling experience from  a DM bottle!

One carb drop is spot on per 500ml. I then let my bottles rest in same place as the Pinter when brewing, namely on top of the Dishwasher in the kitchen. However, I cover the bottles with a teatowel to stop light getting in. I allow them to rest for 5 days minimum before doing another cold crash for 48 hours to kill off any secondary fermentation.

Did you put the DM back into the fridge?  I ask as some people have had the ceiling feeling because they didn't put the bottles back in the fridge.

Yep, once bottled in the dark cupboard under the stairs for a week or so. Then into the fridge for a few days ?

One of the flip tops flew halfway across the garden!

I've ordered lost in translation too - still have a bit of a backlog of fresh presses but this may have to jump the queue!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Masala said:

I've ordered lost in translation too - still have a bit of a backlog of fresh presses but this may have to jump the queue!

Looking forward to comparing notes!

I'm flying over for the Stoke game as it's my birthday treat. If you're going to the game, let me know!

On 07/03/2022 at 12:13, Masala said:

Arrived yesterday with a bonus, really well made, corked beer mat!

I've already started the brewing process. I have found leaving the cleaning solution in the pinter for at least 30 minutes helps sterilise it better ie the crystals fully absorbe into the warm water. Oh yes, warm water helps too!

16470082897978909916538262562894.jpg

• Like 1

Yertiz. Lost in Translation. Conditioned to the max and just poured. 

Unbelievable. What an incredible Brown Ale. Smooth with a malt taste and a finish that reminds you of Guinness.

I'm so glad I've already ordered a refill. A must try for all those of you that have a Pinter or want to order one. If so, please PM me for a discount voucher code that both of us benefit from.

Cheers!

20220326_180117.jpg

• Like 1

Long time no post.

Both my Pinter 1 and Co-Pinter1 developed faults. They were out of warranty but the good folk at Pinter HQ helped me out with fixing the issues. 

However, upon the release of a new beer, my pinter again developed another fault. HQ kindly gave me a discount so I decided to order the new 2.1 as it is referred to on certain sites.

What a different animal. It might look similar, but it's no longer made of plastic. It's made from heavy duty metal. The attaching of the brew dock is much smoother as well.  

The other new addition is the Hopper. You can add a hop oil into the main body of your beer via a valve inlet.

I have just tried tonight the first new beer exclusive to the Pinter 2. Wow! Their Hous of Hoff fruity German pilsner is well worth the investment. Personally, their Out Of Office lager, made with British barley, is crisper and more hoppy and is my favourite of their lagers. If you like Hop House 13 you'll love Hous Of Hoff.

You can still make previous beers in the Pinter 2. You can also set the carbonation rate via a separate dial. 

Cleaning wise, the fundamental difference is in the tap itself. You can  fully detach the tap which is now nearly 1 ft long due to the ingenious piping system.

I have plenty of tips and tricks to share should anyone want to order or has a Pinter 2.

I can also provide a voucher enabling you even more discount off the price (£20 last time I checked). Just PM me.

What has really struck me about Social Media is just how a few like to complain about a product on a fan forum for the Pinter even though they no longer own one!

Basically, if you follow the video instructions, you can't go wrong and if there is a problem, phone or use their chatroom. They're very good at customer service. 

Top photo shows the valve inlet in the centre (cover unscrews). The carbonation dial is above.

Bottom photo shows Pinter 2 in the vertical position for brewing. The black portion is the Brew Dock. This will be detached when conditioning. The sediment collected is a mixture which includes the yeast. Do not throw the sediment (or trub as it's called) away as it helps to make bread with a beer taste!

16688190559018916462129017744694.jpg

16688193326312366702836845640704.jpg

• Like 1