IGNORED

How did your 2nd choice club do this season?

Roadrunner

Well mine Real Club Deportivo Mallorca have gained promotion from La Liga Smart bank to La Liga Santander. So back up with the big boys, last time they struggled and got relegated, despite a win over Real Madid and some good performances. So their good season gave me a little joy, during the season we had with City. How did your team do?

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Finished 3rd in the Bundesliga and won the German cup. Not great but not bad.

Hilariously, the main and hated rival Sheisse04 were relegated by finishing bottom. Must be something about blue  and white. :)

BvB

What bad language you use about your near neighbours in Gelsenkirchen!

I don't have a second team, but (probably like most people over the last year), I've watched a lot more sport on telly than usual.

Based on that, I've been massively entertained by Bristol Bears, a real shame that they couldn't have fans share that journey with them.

From a footballing point of view, despite watching loads of it, the lack of atmosphere and the use of VAR has left me feeling pretty underwhelmed by the game.

Toulouse, the team I watched when I lived in France have just spent their first season in the second tier for many years.

They finished 3rd which means a play off. This was against the team in 4th who they beat 3-0 and will now play the team that finished in 18th in Ligue 1 which we’ve just found out is Nantes. 

A bit complicated but it’s what we did in this country many years ago. 

The 2 leg final for promotion to Ligue 1 or to avoid relegation to L2 is later this week

They only won the league! ‘Mon the Jags ... “we are coming, we are coming, we are coming down your road, when you hear the noise of the Partick Thistle boyz, we are coming down your road” ...

...and just for clarification - the tartan army and Liverpool fans have both since hijacked that chant very recently, but let it be known, that has been a mainstay of the Thistle songbook since the 1970s so they can all bugger off with their theft of an original, rousing and fantastic chant ... when the Jackie Husband Stand gets going with that one, it’s hairs on the back of yer neck time ... ??

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Well mine Real Club Deportivo Mallorca have gained promotion from La Liga Smart bank to La Liga Santander. So back up with the big boys, last time they struggled and got relegated, despite a win over Real Madid and some good performances. So their good season gave me a little joy, during the season we had with City. How did your team do?

Hopefully Mallorca will have enough about them to stay up next season.  The fact they are up in mid May also gives them a chance to get some players in unlike last time. 

Any chance you know what division fc Baleareas have been promoted too? 

There seems to be a new division between segunda, and segunda b or is it two segunda divisions? 

ATB achieved their sixth consecutive win and won their place in the Primera RFEF or Liga PRO. Next year the club will be in one of the two groups of 20 that will make up the new league.

I'm lost utterly lost. 

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:
Nicht der blaue Mist aus Gelsenkirchen, 
so schlimm wie das Gas

Das ist doch nicht möglich.

Won the Swiss Super League for a fourth consecutive season with a 31-point margin from Basel and reached the quarter finals of the Europa League. The coach who won the last three titles is leaving for Leverkusen so potentially more challenging times ahead.

10 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Toulouse, the team I watched when I lived in France have just spent their first season in the second tier for many years.

They finished 3rd which means a play off. This was against the team in 4th who they beat 3-0 and will now play the team that finished in 18th in Ligue 1 which we’ve just found out is Nantes. 

A bit complicated but it’s what we did in this country many years ago. 

The 2 leg final for promotion to Ligue 1 or to avoid relegation to L2 is later this week

me and my boys were season ticket holders when we lived there. my god some of the football was dire!

16 minutes ago, supercidered said:

The 'second club' thing really p!sses me off to be honest. I never have and never would even entertain the idea of any other club than my one and only.

Then again, most things seem to p!ss me off of late!

Completely agree with you. How can you give the same level of support to more than one team. Baffles me. 

Archived