IGNORED

How did your 2nd choice club do this season?

Roadrunner

10 hours ago, The turtle said:

Hopefully Mallorca will have enough about them to stay up next season.  The fact they are up in mid May also gives them a chance to get some players in unlike last time. 

Any chance you know what division fc Baleareas have been promoted too? 

There seems to be a new division between segunda, and segunda b or is it two segunda divisions? 

ATB achieved their sixth consecutive win and won their place in the Primera RFEF or Liga PRO. Next year the club will be in one of the two groups of 20 that will make up the new league.

I'm lost utterly lost. 

Yes it is very confusing just found this on  Wikipedia re CD Atletico Baleares/FC Baleareas.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  alleares                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  The 2019–20 season initially ran like the previous one. The team managed to place itself from the beginning among the first classified and held the leadership of the classification for much of the championship. But after the dispute on day 28 and being the leading team, on 11 March 2020 RFEF suspended the competition due to the pandemic of the COVID-19, first for two weeks[112] and then indefinitely. As a result of this fact, the club applicated of a Layoff to the entire staff;[113] subsequently, on 6 May Federation confirmed the completion of the regular league and the dispute of a simplified promotion phase that the team would play as champion of his group.[114] The team played the promotion against another group champion: FC Cartagena, in a single match with direct promotion at stake; but did not pass the tie (0–0 and 4–3 on penalties).[115][116] Thus, It was forced to play a second round, first against UE Cornellà; but fell defeated again (0–1) and definitively eliminated.[117][118]

Live in Wycombe, wouldn't call them my second team but I always like to see them doing well and go down to Adam's Park every so often. Such a shame they couldn't quite manage to stay up this season but they made a bloody good go of it. Hoping they will be competing at the top of league 1 next season too.

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

The 'second club' thing really p!sses me off to be honest. I never have and never would even entertain the idea of any other club than my one and only.

Then again, most things seem to p!ss me off of late!

I wondered who the first would be.

I don't have a second team, I only ever "support" another team if it helps us or harms a team I hate.

I "supported" most of League One this season as it harmed the annoying Horfield lot.

I "supported" Leicester in the FA Cup final because I hate Chelsea.

Well my second team have been largely restricted to friendlies thanks to the pandemic, but Yate United under 9's are progressing very nicely....  Some very good coaches there as well....well.... 2 out of 3 of them anyway....I'll not air my views on here about the tall lanky one.....! ?

25 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Well my second team have been largely restricted to friendlies thanks to the pandemic, but Yate United under 9's are progressing very nicely....  Some very good coaches there as well....well.... 2 out of 3 of them anyway....I'll not air my views on here about the tall lanky one.....! ?

5’ 11” is only lanky to a man of your height….

6 hours ago, supercidered said:

The 'second club' thing really p!sses me off to be honest. I never have and never would even entertain the idea of any other club than my one and only.

Understand your thought process but when I was working in London sometimes I needed a football fix. Been to Millwall a few times and always found them to be very friendly and accommodating. Have got to know a good few Millwall lads and they always make me welcome. Come across as a family club despite their reputation. Even when I was the guest of honour at our game against them and made a spectacle of myself at the pre game pics before kick off they treated me with friendly disdain (mostly anyway).

19 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Won the S.P.L. !!

Stopped C*ltic winning 10 in a row !

????

The Gers are back !!

yep briliant season ,looking forward to a few trips away in the champions league next season, also quite funny watching scumbag F c have a proper meltdown .W A T P

7 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Completely agree with you. How can you give the same level of support to more than one team. Baffles me. 

its a bit like having a wife and a tidy bit of crumpet on the side.?

Lots of parallels in how the season went for my first team - Wimbledon - and my second team - City.

The Dons finished the build on New Plough Lane - the first time we've had our own ground since 1992. Just unbelievable.

Much less exciting, but still important nonetheless, City finished the build on the new training centre. 

Both clubs were drifting when the two managers were sacked in January / February. Mark Robinson was appointed Head Coach of the Dons in mid-Feb. Nigel Pearson was appointed Manager of the Robins about a week later. Both bosses inherited teams that looked like they were on the slide and a bunch of players that looked demotivated, demoralised and... just lacking in skill.

There the stories diverge. For the Dons although relegation looked likely for a good while, the manager has been impressive in getting a tune out of a squad that didn't look up to it. First the defence was stabilised, then the players started playing some good possession football and finally, just in time, they started to score the goals they needed to stay up. It was a really exciting end to the season with the team playing some of the best football that fans have seen for a long while, maybe since the formation of AFC. Fans are excited to see what happens next season.

You know the story with City. It's been a depressing slog and fans seem reconcilled to an overhaul that will take some time.

Both teams finished 19th. Both clubs released 11 players at the end of the season. Supporters of AFC were relieved to see Rovers' end of season collapse.  Supporters of City were delighted.

9 hours ago, frenchred said:

me and my boys were season ticket holders when we lived there. my god some of the football was dire!

True, even in the successful years where they qualified for Europe there was some dreadful football. 
I can remember one game where Toulouse were lying 2nd against a club lying bottom, Metz I think. Toulouse played 5 at the back with one up front and created about 2 chances in a 0-0.

There were some great highlights as well, mainly against PSG and Marseille, including one great away day at Marseille where we were in the home end and Toulouse won 0-2. 
I also watched Montpellier who were a tad more attacking and a number of drives down to Barcelona who weren’t bad

12 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

True, even in the successful years where they qualified for Europe there was some dreadful football. 
I can remember one game where Toulouse were lying 2nd against a club lying bottom, Metz I think. Toulouse played 5 at the back with one up front and created about 2 chances in a 0-0.

There were some great highlights as well, mainly against PSG and Marseille, including one great away day at Marseille where we were in the home end and Toulouse won 0-2. 
I also watched Montpellier who were a tad more attacking and a number of drives down to Barcelona who weren’t bad

Yeah I did the Barca run a few times to see them and also watched england play at the Olympic stadium v Andorra. I also took the boys to the toulouse v Liverpool game, another crap game but absolute scorcher of a winner by voronin for Liverpool!

8 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Ross County stayed in SPL with a win in their last game when they needed a draw - will be travelling up to the Highlands end of sept/Oct to catch a game and few beers? 

Mon the Staggies

Been to watch them twice. Impressive to see what seems like the whole town walking up to the stadium on a match day. Would have a massive catchment area.... If anyone actually lived up there.

Jail jail jailenders! 

9 hours ago, supercidered said:

@supercidered

If you live away from Bristol, as I did, still went to all City home games and plenty away. The two towns I lived in were Shrewsbury and Livingston and in midweek or if City were playing Sunday as an example, I would go to Shrews and Livi. Stood in the home end at Gay Meadow with neighbours when Dave Smith scored in last minute. I went ballistic and those around me just laughed.

I lived 500 metres from Living when they were in bottom leagues and enjoyed the games. No tension like a City game, result didn't really matter but I still look for both clubs results.

I guess there are plenty like me.

Archived