IGNORED

How did your 2nd choice club do this season?

Roadrunner

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Finished 3rd in the Bundesliga and won the German cup. Not great but not bad.

Hilariously, the main and hated rival Sheisse04 were relegated by finishing bottom. Must be something about blue  and white. :)

BvB

Dont know if you realise, but sheisse is an impolite word in german, you must have accidentally mistyped it?

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Yeah I did the Barca run a few times to see them and also watched england play at the Olympic stadium v Andorra. I also took the boys to the toulouse v Liverpool game, another crap game but absolute scorcher of a winner by voronin for Liverpool!

I was at the Liverpool game, an August bank holiday in France and an afternoon kick off. At least there was an excuse for a dull game as it was as absolutely boiling. I had lived there for years and worked outside so was acclimatised but still sweating sat in the sun.
But my main memory is of Liverpool fans looking like they were about to die as they struggled with the heat. Some of them looked like they needed medical help by the end.

My wife listened to commentary on the radio and when I got home she said the commentator had never watched football in such heat and was struggling himself.

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I was at the Liverpool game, an August bank holiday in France and an afternoon kick off. At least there was an excuse for a dull game as it was as absolutely boiling. I had lived there for years and worked outside so was acclimatised but still sweating sat in the sun.
But my main memory is of Liverpool fans looking like they were about to die as they struggled with the heat. Some of them looked like they needed medical help by the end.

My wife listened to commentary on the radio and when I got home she said the commentator had never watched football in such heat and was struggling himself.

exactly as i remember it mate, my kids were even refilling bottles of water from the toilet just to pour over their heads!

good times

Where they finished? 
My 2nd team only just started. 
FC Cincinnati just clocked up their first win of the season, 2-1 away to Montreal. 
Having just lost 3 in a row after an opening day draw. 
We’re not very good, but are a decent enough watch. 

My 2nd team is Rovers. Despite a disappointing end to the season I think next season could bring a promotion campaign ,either automatic or at the least a trip to Wembley via the play offs. Their tremendously loyal fans deserve it. With a little money spent on an already talented squad they could blow the opposition away. They also have real plans for a brand spanking new stadium along with their unique shirts they really will make the west country proud. They may have to broaden their catering menu a little to appeal to a broader fan base but that too is unique. So let's hear it for the top rovers team in the country...Forest Green. 

Archived