IGNORED

Off field incident, Lee Johnson

Robin-hugh-blind

There is another thread for this im sure but anyway this was condemned by many on the sunderland fans forum as it has been on here. Bunch of idiots if you ask me but then he got some personal abuse here by our idiots. I wanted him gone a few times dont get me wrong but bloody hell grow up.

1 hour ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Can't see him being manager at Sunderland next season. 

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1396214506062295042?s=20

Haha, why have they got some sort of cage already set up?

Presumably it’s standard for several select geordies to show up after every defeat to corner the ‘gaffa’ and ask him “waz gannin an like?”

Changing the thrust of the thread; absolutely delighted for Lincoln. One of the best Cathedrals in the land. Lovely small city. Be great to see them in the Championship. When was the last time? I am guessing 60's.

Small issue of Blackpool firstly who do seem the stronger.

There does seem to be a sense of entitlement. They’ve had a poor end to the season but were well outside the play offs when LJ took over.

This is the third season they have failed to go up and I’m pretty sure two of those weren’t Johnson’s fault. 

Don’t get me wrong - there is a worrying trend with Lee Johnson of teams getting close but not having the mentality to get over the line and he might not be the man for the job but I think anger and abuse over missing out in the play offs is OTT and frankly disrespectful to Lincoln who are a very decent side.

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

There does seem to be a sense of entitlement. They’ve had a poor end to the season but were well outside the play offs when LJ took over.

They were three points off the playoffs with a game in hand.

Idiots - much of it unintelligible but think one of the fans were suggesting Charlie Wyke called them a bunch of geordie w***ers!

LJ has done well for them in my view. At one point they looked as though they were going to take one of the automatic slots especially with the games in hand they had. 

Alas, in the final straight they couldn't convert those games in hand & ran out of steam.

Lincoln led the division for some time so are no mugs & deserve to be where they are. Hope they go up.

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

There you go - miles off!

(Cheers for the correction - I  obviously remembered wrong!)

Still improved their position from take over didn't he? 

There are plenty of successful and established clubs down in the lower half of the English leagues nowadays. They do seem to feel they are somewhat entitled. I hope so much they make a sunderland til i die season 3. Be interested to see LJ behind closed doors haha

16 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Sunderland would be stupid to get rid of him this summer at least give him a window to try and bring players in. 

Also league one is not easy to get out of with FFP involved only max of 60% of your turnover on wages you need to smart about it. 

why would they be stupid to get rid of him? He has no track record in success and i wouldn’t trust him in a transfer window any more than i would ashton.

If you need to be smart, as you suggest, then get rid of him!

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Changing the thrust of the thread; absolutely delighted for Lincoln. One of the best Cathedrals in the land. Lovely small city. Be great to see them in the Championship. When was the last time? I am guessing 60's.

Small issue of Blackpool firstly who do seem the stronger.

1950s apparently.

During their history, they've spent more time in non-league than in the second tier.

I hope they do it, and it will be an away day I might go to.  Never been to Sincil Bank. 

Unacceptable behaviour by a few fans. But I do feel sorry for their fans as a whole. If they are already struggling to understand the constant changes and strange substitutions, then wait until he gets his hands on a transfer window. Quantity not quality with half his new signings never given a chance.

Archived