IGNORED

Off field incident, Lee Johnson

Robin-hugh-blind

6 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Sunderland would be stupid to get rid of him this summer at least give him a window to try and bring players in. 

Also league one is not easy to get out of with FFP involved only max of 60% of your turnover on wages you need to smart about it. 

Really?!!  

It seemed the more windows he had with us, the more money was wasted, with no obvious improvement in playing style or performances on the field.

The only question is, was this ‘carousel of shit’ as another poster so accurately put it, down to LJ or MA, or a combination of both.  

Whoever was responsible, we saw the full ‘benefit’ of all those transfer windows last season and pretty it wasn’t.

From what we’ve seen, clubs giving LJ too many transfer windows and to much transfer budget, do so at their peril.

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not many managers would go out there and try to talk to angry fans after a playoff semi final defeat. Waste of time doing so

........but he can do anything, he thinks so therefore it's true, self confidence is one thing; arrogance, well that's another, the guy is a nutter. 

He needs to have that league one title sewn up and in a bag by Christmas or he's picking up his P45 on the way to Yeovi!

• Admin
9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not many managers would go out there and try to talk to angry fans after a playoff semi final defeat. Waste of time doing so

He wasn't though he was leaving the ground to walk to his car when the guy started ranting at him

He stopped to talk to the people that were there waiting just like any Manager does after a game

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Nothing really to see here, one mindless idiot having a rant

Have a look at the video of the chap going after Chris Coleman, they have previous up there !

Things like this always make me think of the absolutely superb Mark Viduka story...

https://www.balls.ie/football/154465-mark-viduka-middlesbrough-crowd-154465

8 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Sunderland would be stupid to get rid of him this summer at least give him a window to try and bring players in. 

Also league one is not easy to get out of with FFP involved only max of 60% of your turnover on wages you need to smart about it. 

Which is a massive advantage to Sunderland as they have the largest turnover 

9 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Giving him a transfer window is the worst thing they can do. 

10 hours ago, frenchred said:

why would they be stupid to get rid of him? He has no track record in success and i wouldn’t trust him in a transfer window any more than i would ashton.

If you need to be smart, as you suggest, then get rid of him!

The smart man is Billy he has a circus and a football club in league 2, that is something to be PROWED ov!

11 hours ago, frenchred said:

why would they be stupid to get rid of him? He has no track record in success and i wouldn’t trust him in a transfer window any more than i would ashton.

If you need to be smart, as you suggest, then get rid of him!

The nearly men father and son Torquay top all season then fade and die .

I'm certainly interested to see what happens with Ipswich and Sunderland signings. If either start signing obscure players and not playing them we should get to know who was really in charge of our recruitment. 

12 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

He usually needs 3....possibly 6.

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

1950s apparently.

During their history, they've spent more time in non-league than in the second tier.

I hope they do it, and it will be an away day I might go to.  Never been to Sincil Bank. 

When they were last promoted as it happens but not when they were last in the 2nd tier which was indeed the 1960's....

In 1949, when they were being relegated from the 2nd tier, Chairman C. W. Applewhite, said: "We shall be back in three years."

He duly delivered and in 1951-52: Mr Applewhite's promise came true as the Imps won the 3rd Division North for the third time. This time they scored an all time club record of 121 goals. The 1951/52 season was the best in City's history and was to remain so until 1975-76. The Imps also had the added satisfaction of beating near neighbours Grimsby to the title by three points. As the 1931-32 side had relied on the goal scoring of Alan Hall, so 23 years later a special goal scorer, Andy Graver, made a vital contribution. The highlight of his 36-goal haul was six goals in Lincoln's record 11-1 win against Crewe Alexandra. Lincoln remained in the 2nd Division until 1961 but have never returned. Maybe this is their year. I think most of us are rooting for them.

1975-76: This was by far the most successful season in the Club's Football League history. The Imps were the champions of the Fourth Division with the highest number of League points (74) under the 'two points for a win' rule ever scored in any division. They equaled the record for the number of home wins in a season (21), set a new record of 32 wins in a season and a record for the fewest defeats (4) by a team playing in Division 4. Lincoln also finished six points clear of their nearest rivals, Northampton Town. Lincoln also became the first Football League Club in nine years to score over 100 goals in the League.

Come on you Imps. Beat those Taffs.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I last saw them in 2015, I bought these in Tufnell Park or Holloway Road. Haven't seen any since.

Lincoln.jpg

I have seen them in the last year although not Jacobs; most likely supermarket own brand. I find them decent; a good dunk and they don't usually collapse unlike a Rich Tea which does and leaves you feeling quite miffed.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

When they were last promoted as it happens but not when they were last in the 2nd tier which was indeed the 1960's....

In 1949, when they were being relegated from the 2nd tier, Chairman C. W. Applewhite, said: "We shall be back in three years."

He duly delivered and in 1951-52: Mr Applewhite's promise came true as the Imps won the 3rd Division North for the third time. This time they scored an all time club record of 121 goals. The 1951/52 season was the best in City's history and was to remain so until 1975-76. The Imps also had the added satisfaction of beating near neighbours Grimsby to the title by three points. As the 1931-32 side had relied on the goal scoring of Alan Hall, so 23 years later a special goal scorer, Andy Graver, made a vital contribution. The highlight of his 36-goal haul was six goals in Lincoln's record 11-1 win against Crewe Alexandra. Lincoln remained in the 2nd Division until 1961 but have never returned. Maybe this is their year. I think most of us are rooting for them.

1975-76: This was by far the most successful season in the Club's Football League history. The Imps were the champions of the Fourth Division with the highest number of League points (74) under the 'two points for a win' rule ever scored in any division. They equaled the record for the number of home wins in a season (21), set a new record of 32 wins in a season and a record for the fewest defeats (4) by a team playing in Division 4. Lincoln also finished six points clear of their nearest rivals, Northampton Town. Lincoln also became the first Football League Club in nine years to score over 100 goals in the League.

I have seen them in the last year although not Jacobs; most likely supermarket own brand. I find them decent; a good dunk and they don't usually collapse unlike a Rich Tea which does and leaves you feeling quite miffed.

Rich Tea are hopeless dunkers. Always end up with sludgy tea. 

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I can't do dunking, it's just not right…

My friend was on the hunt for Milk Chocolate Rich Tea, they seem to have disappeared too.

Lincoln.jpg

On 24/05/2021 at 00:01, jaydee=inspiration said:

Didn't understand a word of that ??

From what i can gather , the fellows; who purported to be supporters of Sunderland FC were attempting to engage with the little chap behind the security bars,  in a conversation with regard to their despair and disappointment at suffering a defeat, in what appears to be a rather important game of soccer?   Apparently they blamed him for their years of hurt and failure, despite him only having turned up quite recently?   They seemed to feel that their divine right to success was being foiled by this little fellow, but seemed to lack the means to articulate it, and so have resorted to    name calling and abuse.  From what I can gather,   apportioning blame to whoever is a handy target is a regular occurrence locally.   Hope this helps?  ? ?                                  

On 24/05/2021 at 21:23, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Rich Tea are hopeless dunkers. Always end up with sludgy tea. 

I enjoy half a dozen Rich Tea with a topping of butter. Rich Tea are the Bas Savage of the dunking world.

Archived