IGNORED

Robert Atkinson - Now Signed (Merged)

Bat Fastard

Seem to remember a couple of years back Ipswich signed all the top league 1 players and none of them made it so they got relegated without much of a fight. Not against 1 or 2 at most from lower league, but seems like most of our suggestions/“linked” seem to be lower league.

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Seem to remember a couple of years back Ipswich signed all the top league 1 players and none of them made it so they got relegated without much of a fight. Not against 1 or 2 at most from lower league, but seems like most of our suggestions/“linked” seem to be lower league.

To be fair most of our "suggestion" are from fans.

Atkinson & Collins are the only two I've seen actually linked with.

Looks like Oxford’s play off exit has triggered this story, so could have legs.

Here’s his numbers:

6345A9F4-22AD-41BE-8B5B-52C47802EF5D.thumb.jpeg.ea6e0f85c53324f1f2d1b1b08dc23840.jpeg

Really impressive aerial numbers, and strong in both boxes.

ECAF5652-8994-4074-92BC-295E92A1CD82.thumb.jpeg.b2f6eef65b01ccc5d8299fbbed1c0213.jpeg

Good passer of the ball too, although Oxford are a passing team.

9770363F-24D1-4154-8A36-297D199A3847.thumb.jpeg.3babd86e79255f7bf065e67a1c652d5c.jpeg

Finally, an interceptor rather than a tackler.

6’4” so uses his height well.  From Cannes Academy, so that probably resonates for his technical ability on the ball.  Spent a couple of seasons at Fulham, so reasonable pedigree to add to Cannes background.

CC92FC12-CBB3-4AA8-B852-0F647022A670.thumb.jpeg.7d6397efe436936a288ad8e2871e7e69.jpeg

I didn’t watch the first playoff match, but will try and watch over next couple of days.

9 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I think this is a reaction to a lot of average-to-poor OOC players being let go.  There haven’t been too many inspired free agents coming out, not least ones we’d be top of the queue for.  The obvious Mowatt and Fletcher sorts are courted by better clubs than us, and in Fletcher’s case, gone to Watford (now PL).

We are looking in the right place (imho), just gotta get the right ones!

Last summer I said that it was Dickie > Mawson as although Alfie is a brilliant player at this level, his injury record was too big a risk. 

looking at Oxford fans online comments, they rate this guy more highly than Dickie, so for me it’s a “go get him”. 22 year old, will be hungry to prove himself, fresh ideas into the team, this is exactly the type I would go for! If we can add 3/4 hungry types and 2/3 “big names” then I think it’s starting to take shape. That said, this is going to take 2/3 seasons I think. 

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wonder if we could sweeten the deal with the offer of a year loan of Cundy, who is from Oxford?

As Cundy is one of the 3 centre halves we have on the books (though I think it's slightly disingenuous to completely discount Vyner and Yowler), I can't see us moving him on without bringing in Atkinson + 1

10 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

As Cundy is one of the 3 centre halves we have on the books (though I think it's slightly disingenuous to completely discount Vyner and Yowler), I can't see us moving him on without bringing in Atkinson + 1

I think we are.  So 2 newbies + Kalas + Vyner (as emergency cover only if he becomes first choice Right Back) = one of Moore and Cundy are surplus to requirements. 

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Certainly would be disingenuous to discount Vyner, seeing as he stated more games at CB for us last season than anyone bar Kalas & is for me now streets ahead of Moore.
Pearson could possibly see him as a RB or a DM but until we either bring in 2 centre halves or a second RB, he is definitely in the equation.

Get the argument Cundy is worth a look but Vyner has played 60+ games for us to his zero so think we know who is higher up the pecking order.

1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Last summer I said that it was Dickie > Mawson as although Alfie is a brilliant player at this level, his injury record was too big a risk. 

looking at Oxford fans online comments, they rate this guy more highly than Dickie, so for me it’s a “go get him”. 22 year old, will be hungry to prove himself, fresh ideas into the team, this is exactly the type I would go for! If we can add 3/4 hungry types and 2/3 “big names” then I think it’s starting to take shape. That said, this is going to take 2/3 seasons I think. 

I was a bit worried about Dickie, bit slow on the turn, and a bit rash, but in fairness he improved as the season went on at QPR.  Can take a bit of adjustment….so you have to allow for that.  At 22, plenty of years in him, and if this is a genuine interest, then it’s the right type of player.

14 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

He sounds like he could be a good fit alongside Kalas, but he is inexperienced. If Moore stays on the outside looking in, it'd be good to get an experienced LCB in and then have Atkinson and Cundy rotating in

I would personally move TM on . Harsh as it sounds IMO he’s not good enough for Championship football 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really important we bring in better than Moore and Vyner. And we have to remember they both looked very good at league one level when on loan. So I really hope the club choose the right one or two to come in.

Better than Moore definitely but that is really harsh re Vyner, one of our top 3 performers last season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I was a bit worried about Dickie, bit slow on the turn, and a bit rash, but in fairness he improved as the season went on at QPR.  Can take a bit of adjustment….so you have to allow for that.  At 22, plenty of years in him, and if this is a genuine interest, then it’s the right type of player.

I liked the look of Elliott Moore at Oxford judging on stats and it’s also someone Pearson knows well and made him captain. 

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think we are.  So 2 newbies + Kalas + Vyner (as emergency cover only if he becomes first choice Right Back) = one of Moore and Cundy are surplus to requirements. 

I think Moore’s days are numbered at City. He’s a nice skilful player but he’s too lightweight and has the recurring habit of making at least one awful defensive mistake in every match 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be at all surprised to see Kalas sold. A relegated prem side who might sell one or two centre backs maybe. Or Bournemouth still with their parachute payments.

Nige wants players to be earning more of a similar wage. I get the feeling it there is the opportunity to sell Kalas then he might take it.

I’m not sure tbh. In my opinion it would feel like a step back. Kalas with a steady partner next to him and Bentley in goal is a solid foundation to build off. I like the idea of Kalas on the right and Atkinson on the left due to the balance and if the reviews on him are true then it sounds positive.

6’4 and can play out from the back. If he does sign and hit the ground running he could be worth a few bob 

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would not be at all surprised to see Kalas sold. A relegated prem side who might sell one or two centre backs maybe. Or Bournemouth still with their parachute payments.

Nige wants players to be earning more of a similar wage. I get the feeling it there is the opportunity to sell Kalas then he might take it.

It wouldn’t shock me if Kalas was sold, especially with the rumours of a rift at the end of last season. Plus he wants players on same wage etc Maybe he will put himself in the shop window at the Euros. Also wouldn’t surprise me if Taylor Moore went to Blackpool if they come up this season. I think we could be looking at 2/3 new CB’s 

Archived