IGNORED

Robert Atkinson - Now Signed (Merged)

Bat Fastard

11 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Is this guy good ? I know the likes of Jamie Vardy that came from the 6th league or something at the same age of this Atkinson but he doesn't even have a market value on transfermarkt or a picture. Do you heard about him ? Was he playing great last season ? I mean he has no experience in Championship, seems more like a gamble for the future.

League One team of the season last year. 6'5" (I think) and good with the ball. I think he's a gamble, but an excellent one

16 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

It does beg the question- if he was that good why would would be coming to us?!

I think our recent transfer history speaks for itself to be honest, if you are a young ambitious player than Bristol City is a club proven to develop and then more importantly not stand in your way if a Prem team comes calling.. Atkinson and his agent will be well aware of that fact and it will be a big pull, as will the opportunity to work with Nigel Pearson aswell I’d imagine.

34 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Because we are a natural step up. All teams going for promotion wouldn't be looking at league one defenders. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder if Cundy might go the other way, even if on loan, as a sweetener?  Not been seen in any training videos (thanks for correcting me JonD), and an Oxford boy originally.

Calm down dear.

20 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I think our recent transfer history speaks for itself to be honest, if you are a young ambitious player than Bristol City is a club proven to develop and then more importantly not stand in your way if a Prem team comes calling.. Atkinson and his agent will be well aware of that fact and it will be a big pull, as will the opportunity to work with Nigel Pearson aswell I’d imagine.

Appears that he was identified early on as a key target so be good to conclude this so he can get fully involve with pre-season preparations. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-closing-defender-wanted-5599878
Signing for us for around £1.5m seems a decent outcome for both clubs and the player.

On 28/06/2021 at 18:18, Richard Head said:

Can someone explain what early doors means (and therefore late doors)? It’s a genuine question, as opposed to me being a pedantic old fart, which may well be the case. I first heard ‘Big Ron’ Atkinson use the former term and its been repeated ad infinitum since, but only in a football context, and never understood it, as opposed to “early days”. I always thought early Doors was Light My Fire....wish I’d kept my mono copy of their first album. Maybe early doors and late doors are Aldous Huxley’s Doors of Perception and Big Ron had just read it, which I haven’t?

I heard it from Ron Atkinson first too - I always assumed he made it up.

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Just to put it out there - is this lad any better than say Moore or Cundy? These two have played League 1 football and have done well… Like Atkinson.

@Davefevs any stats??

Put these up before, but here they are

And here’s some in comparison to Cundy.

Coloured bars - signify numbers, e.g. passes per 90 mind

Grey bars (behind coloured bars) - signify successful / accuracy %

618A56B4-4C5B-42CA-B67D-DA8875FAC895.jpeg

1AE8F56A-44A5-43B8-8F75-201D833EDF68.jpeg

BD814E0C-ADA5-43E3-9692-C25E0935B781.jpeg

20DC7119-6767-4E2E-BF1D-C6614B82BE9F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I’ve heard this one is done. Source is normally quite a reliable too like ketchup, none of that burger Source malarkey. Trust the nugget.

Me too.  Someone on here told me and on this one I think they are ITK.

Archived