IGNORED

Robert Atkinson - Now Signed (Merged)

Bat Fastard

38 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Tweeting images of players training steadily from requests, wonder if they are gonna reply to the requests for Atkinson pics with an actual pic of him training ?

I reckon this one will be announced at 9

3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Clubs all drag things out now to build up tension & help drive social media metrics / reach. Bring back teletext ? 

Teletext? New fangled stuff. Bring back the stop press in the Green Un when the news would come after the late racing results.

7 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Yeah and black and white tv

Ah, Colin Howler and Phil Tottle reporting-ish to our Roger on the tele. On the radio too for that matter.

'Erm, ah, Um', etc. Quality commentary in those days. ?

Where's this Atkinson bloke then? 

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

Yeah and black and white tv

Great for watching the snooker :laugh: then fall asleep and wake up to that annoying high pitch sound with some girl on the screen holding some balloons(no not babestation), that were the days!

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Great for watching the snooker :laugh: then fall asleep and wake up to that annoying high pitch sound with some girl on the screen holding some balloons(no not babestation), that were the days!

You mean you didn't wake up for the National Anthem? Tut.....

Just now, Sniper said:

I remember the old man up and down like a weston donkey to change channels all three of em then leaping out of his seat to smash his fist on top of the tv to stop the picture rolling over an over????

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ah the famous snooker commentary from the 70's ' for those of you watching in black and white, the blue is the ball behind the pink', halcyon days!

8 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

I remember the old man up and down like a weston donkey to change channels all three of em then leaping out of his seat to smash his fist on top of the tv to stop the picture rolling over an over????

3? I remember when BBC2 used to go off air at tea time, leaving 2.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember the days when the first you heard of a new signing/departure was the back page of the following day`s Western Daily Press.

Didn't listen to Roger Turners breakfast show then?

Crikey, we are getting old!

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember the days when the first you heard of a new signing/departure was the back page of the following day`s Western Daily Press.

I remember the days when the first you heard of a new signing was when they lit a beacon on top of Dundry!  :)

36 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

my grandparents in st george had a colour tv as soon as they came out,my grandparents on backwell hill were a bit slower,first  tv only picked up bbc1 and it had a magnifying glass strapped to the front of it

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

my grandparents in st george had a colour tv as soon as they came out,my grandparents on backwell hill were a bit slower,first  tv only picked up bbc1 and it had a magnifying glass strapped to the front of it

My nan, God rest and bless her, wouldnt have a colour tele til the day she passed in 2008 as it was a dearer licence fee. It was only after she passed away that we realised at 89 she didn't pay for a bloody TV licence anyway as they were free!

Just now, CodeRed said:

Roger Bennett surely ?

It was John Turner 

Both now passed sadly 

Of course you are correct. Listening to Roger Bennett on the cold winter mornings as a teenager, hoping to hear St Brendan's was closed for the day.

Archived