IGNORED

Robert Atkinson - Now Signed (Merged)

Bat Fastard

33 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s just been announced in Bishopston. The news may take a few days to reach the rest of you 

947DDE81-4193-4402-B615-DDBC83943F8B.jpeg

This is the new public address system for the Dolman.

55 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

3? I remember when BBC2 used to go off air at tea time, leaving 2.

I can remember before BBC2m when there were only 2 channels and the only day time telly was schools programmes, watch with mother, test match cricket and Wimbledon - all in black and white of course!

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

I can remember before BBC2m when there were only 2 channels and the only day time telly was schools programmes, watch with mother, test match cricket and Wimbledon - all in black and white of course!

You forgot the test card, potters wheel interlude and the national anthem and the end of the day.

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

My nan, God rest and bless her, wouldnt have a colour tele til the day she passed in 2008 as it was a dearer licence fee. It was only after she passed away that we realised at 89 she didn't pay for a bloody TV licence anyway as they were free!

please tell me,how did she manage to get black and white ones

16 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Of course you are correct. Listening to Roger Bennett on the cold winter mornings as a teenager, hoping to hear St Brendan's was closed for the day.

From this, I assume you are a former Sancti Brendani ?

One of the UK's top rugby schools back in the day (late 60s/early 70s)

There were some well-known skinheads/nutters at Brendan's in the early seventies. Virtually all were City die-hards, frequently seen involved in the action on the East End and at away games. I suspect that only their rugby commitments prevented them attending more regularly.

They enjoyed a ruck and were definitely not saints !

16 hours ago, downendcity said:

To get their TV to function, my mate's dad used to slot coins into a meter located at the back of their TV.

Early version of Pay to View?

30 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

There were some well-known skinheads/nutters at Brendan's in the early seventies. Virtually all were City die-hards, frequently seen involved in the action on the East End and at away games. I suspect that only their rugby commitments prevented them attending more regularly.

I was indeed Joe, class of '77, last but one through the SB 'experience'.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

86-88 for me….a time when the footballers put the rugger-buggers in the shade.

Archived