IGNORED

Robert Atkinson - Now Signed (Merged)

Bat Fastard

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Atkinson announcement unlikely today

Time has ticked by slowly this afternoon and we're now at the point where it is very unlikely City will be announcing a deal for Rob Atkinson today. 

From the Evening post 

Telling lies again ??

6 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

JD has played wingback on numerous occasions and has been terrible. Can't get up and down enough. 

Danny Simpson couldn't get forward with a right mid playing last season so just him out there would be a disaster.

There is no chance we will play 352 with our current players. 

Agree on the last sentence: we are moving to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 I reckon, Nige has used that a lot in his career to great effect. 

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

3-5-2 With Kalas baker Atkinson out wide with Simpson and Dasilva looks very promising. 

We suddenly look very flexible at the back. 

Can’t see it, be a back four, I think.

15 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think a striker will take a while to happen - part of me thinks that we need to sell to bring in who Nige wants....

My thoughts too, think we have just spent all the money we currently have, so if no sale then it will be a free transfer or loan, if we do manage it, then Michael Smith of Rotherham is my hunch.

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

I don't understand this fascination with a 352. If we had Joe Bryan and Little then yes because they are up and down up and down which is what you need. None of our full backs are like that, imagine Vyner who is basically a cb playing as a wingback would be disaster.

I was thought Simpson and Dasilva or Cod could do a job in that formation. Simpson played in that formation a few times for Pearson at Leicester. Maybe he’s to old now. Still excellent signing today 

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My thoughts too, think we have just spent all the money we currently have, so if no sale then it will be a free transfer or loan, if we do manage it, then Michael Smith of Rotherham is my hunch.

There is no need to worry, Tomas Kalas is bringing Patrik Schick back with him (he may also have Memphis Depay in his back pocket following their game against the Netherlands).

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'm thinking free agent Assombalongawongalonga

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm thinking free agent Assombalongawongalonga

That's disrespectful.  Please at least try and get his name right.

It's asomolag... no asssombag....no. assambolongo.   asooonboangalo.....

That is way harder than I thought it would be.

Guess i'm the disrespectful one....

Would be a great signing imho.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Speaks very well. Looking for to seeing him in the red and white 

Yes, not your usual footballer answers, very thoughtful in his answers.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nigel Pearson affect was a big pull in getting this lad to sign. 

Was expecting Mark Ashton to poke his head into the corner of the photo 

Yep, probably same with Matty James too, especially with other clubs interested.

Also, see how both the manager nor CEO need their egos massaged by being all over new signings.  Should be about the player.  I’m sure Nige will talk about him at some point, but at this point it’s about the player.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Good signing. Could have a big future. 6 foot 3, mobile, left footed and classy with the ball at his feet.

Needs to work on his defending and needs to bulk up a bit more. But still only 22 and made some big steps in a short space of time to get to where he is now. Just finished his first season playing as a professional and was in the league one team of the year.

We've all wanted another Webster since he left and this guy looks like he could become that.

Webster seemed to suddenly go onto another level a couple of months into his time with us and was approaching 24, and he'd played a number of seasons in the football league with Pompey and then Ipswich in the Championship. Even he looked a bit dodgy at first.

Atkinson being even younger and with far less experience, I won't be surprised if he isn't in the team straight away. And I won't expect too much when he is playing. 

Being able to play left back is a bonus too. And he would probably be perfect left of a back 3 if Nige ever chooses to go with that. 

Good options there now in that left centre back position in him or Baker. Very different types of defenders.

Still peddling that notion JonD.  If he plays 2 games at LB for us I’ll buy you a pint at AG. ???

2 hours ago, WirralRobin said:

Brilliant news! Really excited about this one.

Just out of interest does anyone know who the other two are in this pic on the official site? 

Is that Sean Gilhespy on the right?

Screenshot_20210703-170104_Bristol City FC.jpg

Aden Flint MK2 - If he turns out as good as Flinty will be a good bit of business

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Still peddling that notion JonD.  If he plays 2 games at LB for us I’ll buy you a pint at AG. ???

ive got a feeling we will see a new Nathan Baker this season, if my suspicions are right,he will take some shifting from LB  this season

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

ive got a feeling we will see a new Nathan Baker this season, if my suspicions are right,he will take some shifting from LB  this season

Interesting comment. A back four of Vyner, Kalas, Atkinson and Baker!

Ball playing, taking no prisoners, plenty of height with two defenders and two who can go forward with the ball.

What are the odds, @redsquirrel that will happen?

Archived