IGNORED

All time top scorers for City

BCFCGav

I’ve been keeping an eye on this page on the city website to see if they would update it with a certain new addition. They now have, the first new name on the all time top scorers list (starting at at least 50 goals) since Scotty Murray so far as I can tell. Shame his time has ended with us in a disappointing way, but thanks for 51 goals Fammy ⚽

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-history/all-time-goalscorers/

That list is seriously ****** up...

It's literally fuddled my head.

Rob Newman, Fam and Walsh...in my lifetime. I'd never have them as top scorers in my head. Wtf. ?

Pretty much every forward I can remember scoring regularly and making an impression isn't on it ?

37 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I am absolutely flabbergasted that Peacock scored that many for us.

Thorpe with a 1 in 2 ratio is quite mad too, and to think we barely played him for first year 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Rob Newman, Fam and Walsh...in my lifetime. I'd never have them as top scorers in my head. Wtf. ?

Pretty much every forward I can remember scoring regularly and making an impression isn't on it ?

They didn’t score 50 ?

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's because we always seem to sell our top scorer pretty darn quick, until Fam that was

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They didn’t score 50 ?

I'm either 4 Katy's in and not understanding...and being wooshed...or being thick :laugh:

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

That's because we always seem to sell our top scorer pretty darn quick, until Fam that was

Crossed my mind...but doubting myself now :laugh:

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Gerry Sharpe nearly one in three for a wide player was some record, if injury hadn't ****** him who knows where he would have ended on that list.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Erm, Kodjia, Abraham, Agard, Wilbraham, Pitman, Diedhiou, Baldock, Davies, Maynard...

Fair play, you beat me to it! However, there is no way Wilbraham was a proven goal scorer when he joined us - he scored three league goals in total over five seasons before he signed for us - Cotts definitely turned him around ...

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on this page on the city website to see if they would update it with a certain new addition. They now have, the first new name on the all time top scorers list (starting at at least 50 goals) since Scotty Murray so far as I can tell. Shame his time has ended with us in a disappointing way, but thanks for 51 goals Fammy ⚽

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-history/all-time-goalscorers/

What's the + sign for on there, is that sub appearances? Or cup goals?

Tbh I'd forgotten quite how prolific Scott Murray was with 91 goals.

I remember him as a superb winger with an eye for goal, especially at Cardiff, but being a winger you tend to think that they pop up with the odd long range goal rather than banging them in consistently as was the case for Scott.

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Erm, Kodjia, Abraham, Agard, Wilbraham, Pitman, Diedhiou, Baldock, Davies, Maynard...

Shame we don’t get to keep these sort of players for longer than 1-2 seasons as all could/should hit 50 goals if they do!

This shows how Fam has either been out injured a fair bit, completely out of form, or a product of our bad football, that he only got to 51 in his time here

9 hours ago, TomF said:

Thorpe with a 1 in 2 ratio is quite mad too, and to think we barely played him for first year 

That’s because it was The Championship, he only scored 2 goals at that level in his entire career.

Amazing if you were already two up at home to Wrexham or Cambridge, though..

10 hours ago, RobArnold10 said:

I am absolutely flabbergasted that Peacock scored that many for us.

4 full seasons in the third tier, that’s why.

If you played that long under Danny Wilson you would never have to worry about Championship defences..

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s because it was The Championship, he only scored 2 goals at that level in his entire career.

Amazing if you were already two up at home to Wrexham or Cambridge, though..

Well actually I used to say that as in Tony Thorpe got most of his goals in games that were already won.

However another poster, who I would credit if I could remember their name, took the trouble to go through Tony's goal scoring record and that wasn't the case at all.

Funny how your memory plays tricks.

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm trying to work out who are highest scoring current player is. Given striker turnover, they can't have many.

Without looking. I'm guessing Wells followed by O'Dowda?

I think Wells has 16 for us, 5 last season and 11 this. Weimann has 21 according to Wiki. They must be top two.

Archived