IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

Are the Football League hoping this will quietly disappear?

Will Wycombe have to call the legal team in?

Two weeks after the season has ended and the Pride Park club, via its online newspaper mouthpiece, is already arrogantly discussing the seasons new fixtures in the Championship.

Do they know more than the rest of us? have they paid someone off handsomely to ensure the club remain much more attractive to a buyer?

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Two weeks after the season has ended and the Pride Park club, via its online newspaper mouthpiece, is already arrogantly discussing the seasons new fixtures in the Championship.

Do they know more than the rest of us? have they paid someone off handsomely to ensure the club remain much more attractive to a buyer?

Who is the bigger disgrace - Derby or the EFL? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

A close run thing. I have no doubt that the EFL under Harvey positively encouraged favoured clubs to be reckless.

It remains to be seen if Parry is made of sterner stuff but I'm not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If I were Wycombe's Chairman/Director/owner I would have been in touch with the EFL by now, explained my intention and then give them chance to act. I'd be surprised if they hadn't. Derby have played fast and loose with the rules/laws for too long with no punishment. I was glad to see them get done for the Keogh sacking but that in it's self should lead to a points deduction and so relegation. The EFL should act quickly, impose a 10 point penalty then under (inevitable)appeal agree to reduce it to 2.

18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

From a purely selfish point of view I’d rather they had a big points deduction next season. 

Im not sure on this, but i thought that if any club was going to be punished, it occured in the league they are currently in. In Derby's case they are in league One now, so if there is a points deduction they would start the season on -ve points. Probably wrong though !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Im not sure on this, but i thought that if any club was going to be punished, it occured in the league they are currently in. In Derby's case they are in league One now, so if there is a points deduction they would start the season on -ve points. Probably wrong though !

No....they're not....

34 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I'm not sure either, and you may well be right: I'm just being purely BCFC-centred!!

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

..are you the Wycombe lawyer? That is probably what the argument will be

I certainly hope that it isn't their argument!  You can't win a legal battle with an outright falsehood...well...ok, you probably could, but not in this case.

If the EFL apply the points deduction they'll either end up relegated and start the season in league one, or they'll apply it to next season and Derby will start with negative points in the Championship.  But to say that Derby are in league 1 now is simply not true!

5 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Efl have no bottle 

if it was the other way round with Wycombe and derby the efl would of relegated Wycombe by now 

100%. This is a perfect opportunity for the EFL to start to rebuild their reputation and take a sensible (loathed to say hardline) approach and do what’s right. But no doubting that it will be same old, letting the bigger clubs get away with it as they’ve got no bottle.  Pathetic really. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

They are not but we can all agree that they should be.

The problem we have here is that Derby have broken financial regulations Sheffield Wednesday were punishment for the same the offence. 
The EFL need to impose their punishment now before the fixture release. Therefore Derby should be relegated and Wycombe stay up that would be the right thing to do. 
However as we all know in football the powers that be are more than happy ? to punish the little teams but reluctant to enforce any punishment on so called big clubs 

• Like 1

They deserve relegation for being worse than us!

Seriously, the Derby saga has been rolling on for, what, 3 years now. It is a damning reflection on the EFL’s inept and negligent introduction, administration, policing and application of the much heralded ffp rules. While much of this is due to his predecessor’s regime, Parry really needs to grow a pair and act decisively over this.

This is not  because of dislike for Derby, but because they were the first to stick their heads above the parapet and showed that they regarded the financial rules with apparent distain, as though they didn't really apply to them and stuff the rest of the championship clubs. Not only will inaction probably result in a legal challenge from Wycombe, it will surely cause the financial rules to be regarded as unfit for purpose by other championship club and especially so with the financial impact they have all suffered through the pandemic.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What do you mean, probably? Definitely wrong, that’s what this entire thread is about ?!

I imagine that Derby's lawyers are  building up a case around

a) the efl being ineffective in the past and why are they picking on poor little Derby and

b) if they are to be given a 12 point deduction - possible to be reduced to 6 points later on then why not start with 6 points now and reduce it to 3 later on!

13 minutes ago, Midred said:

I imagine that Derby's lawyers are  building up a case around

a) the efl being ineffective in the past and why are they picking on poor little Derby and

b) if they are to be given a 12 point deduction - possible to be reduced to 6 points later on then why not start with 6 points now and reduce it to 3 later on!

I would be happy with b).  Even a 3 point deduction would be enough to send them down.  

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Without doubt the crime itself; no comparison between committing one and incompetence.

5 hours ago, fatchers said:

I can't see Wayne Rooney's Derby being relegated. Justice will not be seen to be done. Little Wycombe will be the fall guys along with credibility of the EFL.

They lost ALL credibility when they decided to ditch 130 odd years of tradition and being known, worldwide, as THE Football League to basically ANY old football league... a massive and inept own goal if ever there was one. Pathetic cronies and 'marketing' idiots. I will always call it The Football League; because it is., it was the first. It was respected around the world and people understood it could literally be called THE Football League. They trashed that in a couple months of donut munching coffee swilling board room bollox discussions with a bunch of limp dicks as so called 'experts'.

As Big Tone opined; losing interest in football is starting to become endemic.

• Like 3

• Admin
9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Will it not go the same way as Sheffield Wednesday in that the points deduction will be the following season?

Am I correct in saying the actual offence they are being charged with is from two years ago?

I would more than happily see them start with an inferior number of points and struggle all through next season

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

From a purely selfish point of view I’d rather they had a big points deduction next season. 

Not sure I would agree. If they are in league one they are not a threat. And we get Wycombe a nice easy away game!

23 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Without doubt the crime itself; no comparison between committing one and incompetence.

But it is staggering. Inaction. Incompetence. Inability to draft simple rules that are understood, agreed & enforced. 

EFL worse than Derby for letting them get away with it.