IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

"Discussions with HMRC are positive".

As someone being chased for £191 tax on my paltry Job Seekers allowance last January, I will be pissed off if the HMRC write off the millions they are iwed out of this situation.

Me too given the hoops I have to jump through if I ever want to delay paying my quarterly VAT bill (about 2.5k on average) for any reason/

A wise man once said `If you owe the bank ten thousand dollars they have you by the balls, if you owe them ten million, you have them by the balls`

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Surely this was their last/best hope, unless there is some "mystery" buyer hiding in the wings.

Sounds like a "fire sale" and liquidation doesn't it ?

There is another name I’ve seen, who the fickle Derby fans are resting their hopes on…and are now slagging Kirchner off for not paying £100m, saying he hasn’t got funds.  I would look closer at the Administrators first!

8 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Not going to end up with Mike Ashley are they ?

To play devil's advocate, and to be fair to Ashley, whilst he may have hacked off the fans, renamed the stadium, and generally been an arse...he did run Newcastle in a financially prudent way. Boring, unambitious, dull maybe, but not profligate or crooked (to my knowledge). They were in a decent financial position when he left. A far cry from Morris' practice style. Ashley could be the kind of steady the ship kind of owner Derby need?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To play devil's advocate, and to be fair to Ashley, whilst he may have hacked off the fans, renamed the stadium, and generally been an arse...he did run Newcastle in a financially prudent way. Boring, unambitious, dull maybe, but not profligate or crooked (to my knowledge). They were in a decent financial position when he left. A far cry from Morris' practice style. Ashley could be the kind of steady the ship kind of owner Derby need?

Yep, he would run it as a sustainable business.

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Only if he poaches Ashton from Ipswich surely??

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

and a mere 45 minute drive from Sports Direct HQ to Pride Park

27 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

and a mere 45 minute drive from Sports Direct HQ to Pride Park

One of the most depressing places I ever had to visit in a work capacity. An awful, depressing environment, filled with depressed people. There was more security presence and checks than the House of Lords offices I had visited the week before.

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have I missed something? Suspect Kirchner is no saint but what has he done to deserve such biting comment from Mr. Maguire?

Beat me to it.  Over the past 6-8 weeks, Derby fans have seen him as their saviour, despite history telling us that bidders come and go…and now everyone is getting salty about it!!!  I’m sure there’s two sides to it, but it seems very churlish.

Ah well, think we might see the term “expunge” being used in the new year!

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Beat me to it.  Over the past 6-8 weeks, Derby fans have seen him as their saviour, despite history telling us that bidders come and go…and now everyone is getting salty about it!!!  I’m sure there’s two sides to it, but it seems very churlish.

Ah well, think we might see the term “expunge” being used in the new year!

Kirchner's been outbid, and by a fairly modest amount. To be outbid by 7 figures means he's been unable to raise, or doesn't want to commit, an extra £1-9,999,999m. Not a huge amount when you're talking bids in the £50m+ bracket, and frankly embarrassing when you've spent the past two months telling anyone with a Twitter account how serious you are about buying your (newly) beloved Derby County FC and tweeting shite like this as though you're already the owner. He's been sent packing and is trying to save face.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Kirchner's been outbid, and by a fairly modest amount. To be outbid by 7 figures means he's been unable to raise, or doesn't want to commit, an extra £1-9,999,999m. Not a huge amount when you're talking bids in the £50m+ bracket, and frankly embarrassing when you've spent the past two months telling anyone with a Twitter account how serious you are about buying your (newly) beloved Derby County FC and tweeting shite like this as though you're already the owner. He's been sent packing and is trying to save face.

Fair enough….is it really £50m….seem £100m quoted, or is it £50m plus whatever the stadium costs?

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I dunno, I plucked a number from a dodgy memory. If it's £100m then being unable to get another £5m is even worse.

Yeah I get that, ta.

Could it partly be that deal not concluded by Xmas, means the valuation starts to look too high as assets might be sold in January?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yeah I get that, ta.

Could it partly be that deal not concluded by Xmas, means the valuation starts to look too high as assets might be sold in January?

Seems Maguire just thinks he's a time waster.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Sure, that;s why I said it could be that CK doesn't fancy it but he's still covering himself up and courting the fans with those sanctimonious messages.

• Thanks 1