IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

20 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Latest from the Administrators - something might happen ... um ... *searching for new word* ... shortly.

Fresh statement issued by Derby County's administrators over naming preferred bidder - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Anyone interested in running a sweepstake on the next word used?

Surely a sale won’t be agreed until such time that their fate this season is known and what the likelihood of further points deductions is known.  Or is that too simplistic a view? 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Surely a sale won’t be agreed until such time that their fate this season is known and what the likelihood of further points deductions is known.  Or is that too simplistic a view? 

Imho their fate is already known:

• relegation to Lg1
  • start 22/23 season in Lg1 on minus 15 points

thats what you’re bidding for, with a gamble that Derby might still be in the Championship, but that glimmer of hope is disappearing / has disappeared.

Administrators need to provide proof of funds to get through the rest of this season.

Derby must come out of admin ahead of next season, rules are such that you cannot start a season still in admin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

• relegation to Lg1

thats what you’re bidding for, with a gamble that Derby might still be in the Championship, but that glimmer of hope is disappearing / has disappeared.

Administrators need to provide proof of funds to get through the rest of this season.

Derby must come out of admin ahead of next season, rules are such that you cannot start a season still in admin.

Thanks Dave. I guess my point is that although relegation is looking more and more likely it’s not yet definite and so nothing will be sorted until such time that it’s confirmed as the price of the club will be dependant upon it and the administrators will obviously be looking for as much as possible. May look even more incompetent if they sell it at league 1 price and they do somehow escape? 

Edited by lenred

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

• relegation to Lg1

I thought that they could start the next season in Admin still. As when Wigan went down they were still in Admin after the next season had started.

36 minutes ago, lenred said:

Thanks Dave. I guess my point is that although relegation is looking more and more likely it’s not yet definite and so nothing will be sorted until such time that it’s confirmed as the price of the club will be dependant upon it and the administrators will obviously be looking for as much as possible. May look even more incompetent if they sell it at league 1 price and they do somehow escape? 

From my point of view, just paying HMRC £28m is more than the club is worth regardless of division ?

7 minutes ago, cider11 said:

I thought that they could start the next season in Admin still. As when Wigan went down they were still in Admin after the next season had started.

Were they…ta.  Ok, maybe I’m wrong….might this have manifested due to an elongated season, I.e. non-standard circumstances.  

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

• relegation to Lg1

So realistically the best case is do a Bolton? Back-to back relegations, completely new squad and then rebuild in L2

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

• relegation to Lg1

If you're Derby you can!

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From my point of view, just paying HMRC £28m is more than the club is worth regardless of division ?

Were they…ta.  Ok, maybe I’m wrong….might this have manifested due to an elongated season, I.e. non-standard circumstances.  

According to Kieren Maguire (price of football pod) that is about what a Championship club is worth. So not sure why anyone would pay that amount for the club and another 2-3 times that amount to cover the debts. Also as they are going to be a league one club why would you pay the going rate for a Championship club. (What did Ipswich go for ?).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

According to Kieren Maguire (price of football pod) that is about what a Championship club is worth. So not sure why anyone would pay that amount for the club and another 2-3 times that amount to cover the debts. Also as they are going to be a league one club why would you pay the going rate for a Championship club. (What did Ipswich go for ?).

And, in addition, any prospective purchaser would have to resolve the problem of the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/07/ipswich-enter-new-era-with-40m-takeover-by-gamechanger-20

Guardian reported "about" £40m for Ipswich. Which is a lot, but it's still less than the reported debts of Derby. That's for a solvent clubs well, so Derby would be worth slightly less.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Poor old Wazza. The paranoia is setting in now, was the nasty man rude to you. . . 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585235

Derby County manager Wayne Rooney claimed "no-one wants us in the Championship next season" following his side's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City.

The former England striker was critical about the refereeing in south Wales.

The Rams stay 23rd in the table, eight points from safety, after the loss.

"Are decisions being made against us because of the situation we are in? I need to ask that question because that's what it feels like," Rooney told BBC Radio Derby.

Having had 21 points deducted this season for going into administration and past financial rule breaches, the Rams have lost their last three Championship fixtures and four of the last five to again leave them facing the prospect of relegation.

Their future remains uncertain as administrators Quantuma have yet to satisfy the English Football League about funding for the rest of the season, or name a preferred bidder to take over the club.

"Referee decisions I felt all game were not good enough. Fourth official - a lack of respect in how he speaks to you," said Rooney.

"No-one wants us in the Championship next season. That's been clear all season. We've had our punishment, but ultimately, I think, the real punishment is going to League One.

"We've exceeded a lot of people's expectations and it's caused issues."

Rooney said his players were disappointed and frustrated at some of the decisions that went against them or were not given.

"I need to ask questions because they deserve a bit more protection than they are getting," he continued.

"Football's a cruel game. We had complete control and the future for this club on the pitch is bright if we can keep the players, if we can keep moving forward and progressing. Off the pitch is a different matter.

"But we are showing a real maturity, a real style and identity of football which is hard for teams to play against, and to come to Cardiff and really dominate the game is a big thing."

Derby next face a crucial home game on Saturday against Barnsley, the team immediately above them in the table.

"It's not over. It's a difficult task now, but we'll keep working and trying to put in performances and pick up points," Rooney added.

87BA3819-87BE-44D6-B7AF-17E15F64DD93.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rooney deflecting pressure from his players onto the officials, hoping for a little more help for WRDC. I thought it was the other way around. I saw one last minute super goal to win a match, where the Derby player carried out a scissors kick, while the defender tried to head the ball, the goal was allowed. Guarantee it would have been dangerous play and a foul to the defending team had it been City who scored. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/07/ipswich-enter-new-era-with-40m-takeover-by-gamechanger-20

Guardian reported "about" £40m for Ipswich. Which is a lot, but it's still less than the reported debts of Derby. That's for a solvent clubs well, so Derby would be worth slightly less.

(Your link seems to be malformed - try this https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/07/ipswich-enter-new-era-with-40m-takeover-by-gamechanger-20)

Solvent and owning their own stadium. The best part of that article was the bit at the bottom:

"Derby have said they are on the verge of being sold a month after scrapping takeover talks with Bin Zayed International. The prospective deal is with the Spanish businessman Erik Alonso’s No Limit Sports. A Derby statement said: “A definitive agreement to purchase the club has been reached with No Limits Sports Limited. The transaction, which is still subject to the EFL’s owners’ and directors’ test approval, is expected to close in the near future.”

The story is from April 2021.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If I were a Derby supporter, I wouldn't give a monkey's about being in L1 / L2 but just want my club to survive. That is the only outcome I would be particularly interested in. 

The club would survive anyway as did Bradford Park Avenue, Bury, Wimbledon (the proper one), and us.

The supporters should get together and start a new club in non-league; all the fans go to watch that and then they invite one of the interested parties to invest sufficient to buy Pride Park off the administrators.

Leave the smouldering ruin that is Mel Morris' ownership vehicle to disappear up its own fundament.

The fans didn't make this mess and should just leave the creditors to pick over the bones of what's left.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

The club would survive anyway as did Bradford Park Avenue, Bury, Wimbledon (the proper one), and us.

The supporters should get together and start a new club in non-league; all the fans go to watch that and then they invite one of the interested parties to invest sufficient to buy Pride Park off the administrators.

Leave the smouldering ruin that is Mel Morris' ownership vehicle to disappear up its own fundament.

The fans didn't make this mess and should just leave the creditors to pick over the bones of what's left.

I totally agree with the sentiment Eddie but hanging on to a forlorn hope etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

(Your link seems to be malformed - try this https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/07/ipswich-enter-new-era-with-40m-takeover-by-gamechanger-20)

Solvent and owning their own stadium. The best part of that article was the bit at the bottom:

"Derby have said they are on the verge of being sold a month after scrapping takeover talks with Bin Zayed International. The prospective deal is with the Spanish businessman Erik Alonso’s No Limit Sports. A Derby statement said: “A definitive agreement to purchase the club has been reached with No Limits Sports Limited. The transaction, which is still subject to the EFL’s owners’ and directors’ test approval, is expected to close in the near future.”

The story is from April 2021.

Thanks, yes good point on Portman Road.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe that Mike Ashley hasn't withdrawn- more like his bid on Friday didn't occur but still interested maybe? Dunno if there were further obstacles.

The administrators pigeons coming home to roost

Kieran Maguire slates Quantuma again in his podcast today. They are again not replying to emails and calls from the EFL and club staff are leaving because they have no idea what is going on. Apparently Quantuma say their silence is strategic, whatever that means. The alleged meeting with the EFL they refer to is apparently news to the EFL also.

He also confirms that reputable insolvency firms wouldn't take the job on because Morris didn't put the stadium company into administration.

Tick tock .....

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Kieran Maguire slates Quantuma again in his podcast today. They are again not replying to emails and calls from the EFL and club staff are leaving because they have no idea what is going on. Apparently Quantuma say their silence is strategic, whatever that means. The alleged meeting with the EFL they refer to is apparently news to the EFL also.

He also confirms that reputable insolvency firms wouldn't take the job on because Morris didn't put the stadium company into administration.

Tick tock .....

That doesn't sound like good news for their survival. 'Stick our heads in the sand and we don't have to do anything'?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Tick tock .....

I only see liquidation, prob something Morris wants as it means he has prime land for development