IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

I find it hard to believe that even Quantuma would turn away the only bid they've got. I can imagine them publicly turning down a bid to show other bidders that 'they mean business'. At the same time briefing the BBC (?) that they're looking for £50m.  I can imagine them clumsily making a meal of that. But overall I think the fact that they've turned this bid down surely must mean they've got better offers on the table.

2 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I find it hard to believe that even Quantuma would turn away the only bid they've got. I can imagine them publicly turning down a bid to show other bidders that 'they mean business'. At the same time briefing the BBC (?) that they're looking for £50m.  I can imagine them clumsily making a meal of that. But overall I think the fact that they've turned this bid down surely must mean they've got better offers on the table.

or they know the HMRC won't take (nor should they) the rumoured 25p /£. A £30M bid (once again rumoured) would leave £2M after paying the taxman, I doubt that even covers their own fees let alone anything else.

I think they've obliged to take the best bid they can. If they can get creditors 25p in the pound, and that's the best they can do, then they've got a legal duty to get that. If they publicly turn that down and they've got NOTHING... then I'd imagine their creditors including HMRC have recourse to take action against them. I'd be interested to hear different from anyone who actually knows how it works!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Latest from Quantuma. Almost no point in posting this but it's nice to have on record.

image.thumb.png.4170fd318d941d7069ecf659d573b6b5.png

Bones to pick out. Potential purchasers that remain interested. Is that an oxymoron? If you are not interested you can’t be a potential purchaser. 

It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation….Not sure what this even means. The time for valuation is long gone or it could be argued is ongoing, however it is there duty to secure the best offer!….The rest of the sentence goes onto mention a bid suitable to present to the EFL, IMPLYING their isn’t one!

At this point I cant be bothered to even comment further on that “statement”. However I would really like to know what the Derby fan who vociferously told me on this very forum that it was all just Couhig and Gibson stopping everything, it is all in place once they get out of the way, and I could believe what I liked about Quantuma, Morris and DCFC thinks now. At least some of this utter shit show is down to the gullibility and blind loyalty toward these persons and groups by supporters who managed to attain a state of collective idiocy! 

• Like 1

Just now, REDOXO said:

Bones to pick out. Potential purchasers that remain interested. Is that an oxymoron? If you are not interested you can’t be a potential purchaser. 

It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation….Not sure what this even means. The time for valuation is long gone or it could be argued is ongoing, however it is there duty to secure the best offer!….The rest of the sentence goes onto mention a bid suitable to present to the EFL, IMPLYING their isn’t one!

At this point I cant be bothered to even comment further on that “statement”. However I would really like to know what the Derby fan who vociferously told me on this very forum that it was all just Couhig and Gibson stopping everything, it is all in place once they get out of the way, and I could believe what I liked about Quantuma, Morris and DCFC thinks now. At least some of this utter shit show is down to the gullibility and blind loyalty toward these persons and groups by supporters who managed to attain a state of collective idiocy! 

A Derby fans tweeted a reply to me last night, along the lines of….”we are gone”.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A Derby fans tweeted a reply to me last night, along the lines of….”we are gone”.

Dave. I believe it! I simply can not see a way back unless they find a bidder that simply doesn’t care about money and any consideration of value! 

It’s possible something comes out of left field like Morris making on good on debt out of his personal fortune, but there has been nothing to suggest that could happen. 

However as I said about 40 pages ago. This is not Aldershot Bury or Wimbledon. The West Nottinghamshire border league division six is not feasible with the amount of traveling support. Any Phoenix club will have to start much further up the pyramid simply because of the logistics. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Gone to League 1 or 'proper' gone?

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

"Potential purchasers that remain interested" is possibly a tautology rather than an oxymoron. An oxymoron is a statement that contradicts itself. The classic example is "Microsoft Works". A tautology is where you unnecessarily say the same thing twice in a different manner.

"It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation". They are slightly misusing the word 'valuation'. Their duty is to  get the best deal for the creditors. Implicit in that duty is a requirement that they realise the sale of the club for the most money they can get. The words 'an appropriate valuation' are what they have chosen to replace the more vulgar truth that is 'the most money we can gouge out of a gullible bidder for this absolute car crash of a company'. 

As to your third paragraph. Yeh, seems like it maybe wasn't just evil old Steve Gibson preventing the glorious resurrection of Wayne Rooney's Derby County FC. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Gone to League 1 or 'proper' gone?

"Potential purchasers that remain interested" is possibly a tautology rather than an oxymoron. An oxymoron is a statement that contradicts itself. The classic example is "Microsoft Works". A tautology is where you unnecessarily say the same thing twice in a different manner.

"It is our duty to secure an appropriate valuation". They are slightly misusing the word 'valuation'. Their duty is to  get the best deal for the creditors. Implicit in that duty is a requirement that they realise the sale of the club for the most money they can get. The words 'an appropriate valuation' are what they have chosen to replace the more vulgar truth that is 'the most money we can gouge out of a gullible bidder for this absolute car crash of a company'. 

As to your third paragraph. Yeh, seems like it maybe wasn't just evil old Steve Gibson preventing the glorious resurrection of Wayne Rooney's Derby County FC. 

Tautology that’ll work. The fact is it’s borderline senseless in a serious statement. 

As I said. It is there duty to get the best offer (in your words the best deal for the creditors which I’m sure is accurate) not the best valuation. 

This stuff is just indicative of how unprofessional they are.  

Yes the third paragraph is of course my point. This company appears so far out of their league it’s laughable. Unfortunately Derby will be out of their league too before very long because of it!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Old Ashtonian said:

Could Mel Morris just be waiting for Derby to go bang so he can pick up the club name cheaply and start over again?  He already has the stadium. The level of support should guarantee a decent tier to begin at.

There are some pretty complex rules and laws regarding the directors of insolvent companies creating so called 'phoenix' companies that have the same name as the dead company. It's basically not allowed, and it also doesn't really get around the paying of debts to creditors, including debts to HMRC.

Basically he might be able to do that, but it would be little better than continuing to fund Derby this season.

If he got any of this wrong then he could wind up being found to have personally breached the Insolvency Act, and that opens him up to potential imprisonment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Ashtonian said:

Could Mel Morris just be waiting for Derby to go bang so he can pick up the club name cheaply and start over again?  He already has the stadium. The level of support should guarantee a decent tier to begin at.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

There are some pretty complex rules and laws regarding the directors of insolvent companies creating so called 'phoenix' companies that have the same name as the dead company. It's basically not allowed, and it also doesn't really get around the paying of debts to creditors, including debts to HMRC.

Basically he might be able to do that, but it would be little better than continuing to fund Derby this season.

If he got any of this wrong then he could wind up being found to have personally breached the Insolvency Act, and that opens him up to potential imprisonment. 

I hesitate to raise a further point given the EFL’s history, but, notwithstanding the legal problems mentioned, would he really be considered a ‘fit’ person to own a football club?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I hesitate to raise a further point given the EFL’s history, but, notwithstanding the legal problems mentioned, would he really be considered a ‘fit’ person to own a football club?

Unlikely given he's recently been involved with a football club that's gone insolvent.

Good point. 

55 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

45 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Unlikely given he's recently been involved with a football club that's gone insolvent.

Good point. 

We'd have thought not, but one of the responses to Derby fans questions to the EFL suggests that the magic number maybe two.

As in two Football Related Insolvencies, which is a fairly depressing thought. Maybe he couldn't repurchase Derby, not that it's clear but maybe he could hit another club!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We'd have thought not, but one of the responses to Derby fans questions to the EFL suggests that the magic number maybe two.

As in two Football Related Insolvencies, which is a fairly depressing thought. Maybe he couldn't repurchase Derby, not that it's clear but maybe he could hit another club!

I checked the regs. Yeh it's two. ******* hell EFL. Even the Prem say one is too many.

Just said on 5 Live that a club cannot start successive seasons in administration so Derby could in theory start next season still in admin and not get a further points deduction. This is allegedly what the EFL advised them.

They would still need to raise money to fund the club for another season of course but it does seem absurd.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Just said on 5 Live that a club cannot start successive seasons in administration so Derby could in theory start next season still in admin and not get a further points deduction. This is allegedly what the EFL advised them.

They would still need to raise money to fund the club for another season of course but it does seem absurd.

I was under the impression that meant they had to come out of admin before next season…but someone else said that’s not the case.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was under the impression that meant they had to come out of admin before next season…but someone else said that’s not the case.

35 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I thought the same but it seems not.

I think it’s because they didn’t start this season in admin, only went in part way through. So can start the next season in admin but couldn’t start 23/24 still in admin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cider11 said:

I think it’s because they didn’t start this season in admin, only went in part way through. So can start the next season in admin but couldn’t start 23/24 still in admin.

Although isn’t that kind of irrelevant as they’d still need funding and currently have no real assets with their better players out of contract in the summer 

A juicy hint in today's Price of Football podcast from Kieran Maguire.

We may find out more if and when the lawyers agree but he said he had spoken to somebody who had recently been made redundant and it seems some senior people at the club and at the Administrators have been guilty of some scandalous (his word) behaviour.

Watch this space.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

A juicy hint in today's Price of Football podcast from Kieran Maguire.

We may find out more if and when the lawyers agree but he said he had spoken to somebody who had recently been made redundant and it seems some senior people at the club and at the Administrators have been guilty of some scandalous (his word) behaviour.

Watch this space.

Oh you absolute tease.

I'd always be cautious of the words of potentially disgruntled ex-employees. Having said that I'd also expect there to be at least a grain of truth in something said.