IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's as though someone typed this out in Notes during their taxi ride to the station. Proof read it once whilst having a beer in 'spoons, and then fired it off into the ether.

Maybe Mike Ashley's interested again.

Sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley once hosted a management meeting in a pub where he drank 12 pints and vomited into a fireplace, a court has heard. The Newcastle United owner is being sued by finance expert Jeffrey Blue at London's High Court.3 Jul 2017

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe Mike Ashley's interested again.

Sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley once hosted a management meeting in a pub where he drank 12 pints and vomited into a fireplace, a court has heard. The Newcastle United owner is being sued by finance expert Jeffrey Blue at London's High Court.3 Jul 2017

If I was dealing with Q and Mel Morris then I think I'd be necking 12 pints during meetings as well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

And the latest - 'believe' 'end of week' sounds familiar!

A statement from Team Derby says Quantuma “believe” they’ll be in a position to name a preferred bidder by the end of the week. “Quantuma confirmed there are multiple bids and expressions of interest, and are now in the final stages of clarification”

Sounds to me a long winded version of "the cheque's in the post"!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

With the level of debts AND owning the ground, the club is worthless. But without the ground... It makes no sense to pay for the club. The only person to solve this is Morris. He should pay his HMRC debt, pay off MSD and then try and sell the club with the ground. Then it could be viable as a L1 club. Cannot see HMRC letting this one roll easily, they will know what Morris is worth, and the Admin fee. and the MSD loan and who that eventually helps by being repaid. Nothing to do with FFP this, it is Morris spent money he had no intention of repaying. Looks worse by the day , but the cause of everything has not changed since day 1. Feel sorry for the fans.

Chelsea £3 Billion - Derby a bag of crisps. Crazy football world. 

Derby a bag of crisps but without the little blue bag of salt ( for fans of a certain age!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Nothing to do with FFP this, it is Morris spent money he had no intention of repaying. Looks worse by the day , but the cause of everything has not changed since day 1. Feel sorry for the fans.

Largely agree with your post, quoted and quoted bits alike although while the cause of their woes is growing more clear by the day and the ones on here seem decent, and we have has some good debate with them, it is also worth pointing out just how popular the Mel Morris way was..and it was- until it wasn't!

Not all of course, it could be a large outsized minority distorting things but quite a lot didn't just say "Haha, isn't Mel clever" but they actively lauded some of these methods, trying to ignore or disregard the FFP issues down the track.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Largely agree with your post, quoted and quoted bits alike although while the cause of their woes is growing more clear by the day and the ones on here seem decent, and we have has some good debate with them, it is also worth pointing out just how popular the Mel Morris way was..and it was- until it wasn't!

Not all of course, it could be a large outsized minority distorting things but quite a lot didn't just say "Haha, isn't Mel clever" but they actively lauded some of these methods, trying to ignore or disregard the FFP issues down the track.

And that’s why there is soooo little sympathy for Derby supporters. 

I will never forget the MM image knocking out the EFL.  

Anyone know what interest rate HMRC charges?

Edited by REDOXO

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Nice. Cheap loan then. 

I must confess to have `taken advantage` of their low rates once or twice in the past when the cost of borrowing to pay has been higher than they charge in interest. Worth remembering though that if you do do that it goes on the business`s credit file and can cause problems further down the line - not that Derby will care about a bit more shit being added to the heap I suppose though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I must confess to have `taken advantage` of their low rates once or twice in the past when the cost of borrowing to pay has been higher than they charge in interest. Worth remembering though that if you do do that it goes on the business`s credit file and can cause problems further down the line - not that Derby will care about a bit more shit being added to the heap I suppose though.

It’s laughable unless there is a hefty fine to go with it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I guess Derby will have HMRC as their shirt sponsor for the next 100 years. Or they will be playing at the HMRC Pride Park Stadium 

Was WRDCFC

New name - HMRCDCFC

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I guess Derby will have HMRC as their shirt sponsor for the next 100 years. Or they will be playing at the HMRC Pride Park Stadium 

Take it away George!!!!!

Hrmm!

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Take it away George!!!!!

Hrmm!

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

My all time favourite album cover, and my favourite Beatles LP. Closely followed by The White Album 

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 3

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

They have a year only- been 6 months give or take since they went in and it seems to be the case that no club can be in administration for more than 18 months.

I don't think it'll come to that, but that 18 month rule hasn't gone away?

The reason I say it'll stretch into the off-season is that we have to assume that their proof of funds is valid and correct, and so they do have enough cash to see out this season. That does take some pressure off of the administrators, and does mean that for all their bluster about sorting it out 'imminently', they presumably are good until the end of May?

At that point there does come a bit of pressure to sort it before the 2022/23 season kicks off, as at that point I believe they suffer a -15 point deduction for commencing a season whilst in Administration. They will also likely be without Rooney and will have a threadbare squad of kids and possibly the tea lady in goal. I suspect there would also be an EFL requirement to show proof of funds for the 2022/23 season. Would they be able to do that? I doubt it unless they can sell their players for serious millions.

Sorry, I forget what the 18 month rule is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The reason I say it'll stretch into the off-season is that we have to assume that their proof of funds is valid and correct, and so they do have enough cash to see out this season. That does take some pressure off of the administrators, and does mean that for all their bluster about sorting it out 'imminently', they presumably are good until the end of May?

At that point there does come a bit of pressure to sort it before the 2022/23 season kicks off, as at that point I believe they suffer a -15 point deduction for commencing a season whilst in Administration. They will also likely be without Rooney and will have a threadbare squad of kids and possibly the tea lady in goal. I suspect there would also be an EFL requirement to show proof of funds for the 2022/23 season. Would they be able to do that? I doubt it unless they can sell their players for serious millions.

Sorry, I forget what the 18 month rule is.

Yes, end of season, May or June I reckon.

Good question, but thought the -15 was linked to exiting in the incorrect manner or below minimum EFL requirements. Proof of funds surely but they let Derby under Mel start...all depends on how long MSD keep wanting to put it in but probably sales and further cuts too.

Unsure what happens if they begin in Administration having already been docked 12 in the season of it.

Essentially, IIRC the EFL said in a recent statement that no club can a) Start two successive seasons in Administration or b) Spend more than 18 months in an unbroken period in Administration.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, end of season, May or June I reckon.

Good question, but thought the -15 was linked to exiting in the incorrect manner or below minimum EFL requirements. Proof of funds surely but they let Derby under Mel start...all depends on how long MSD keep wanting to put it in but probably sales and further cuts too.

Unsure what happens if they begin in Administration having already been docked 12 in the season of it.

Essentially, IIRC the EFL said in a recent statement that no club can a) Start two successive seasons in Administration or b) Spend more than 18 months in an unbroken period in Administration.

Ah right.

Think I was getting muddled and thinking the -15 would be for starting next season in admin. If instead it is linked to exiting Admin in an 'unapproved' manner then perhaps that encourages Quantuma to drag Admin out for as long as possible?

Regardless, I suspect there is actually not too much (relative) pressure to get this sorted until the off season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Regardless, I suspect there is actually not too much (relative) pressure to get this sorted until the off season.

Except that we are coming up to the 31 March FFP deadline for future financial information, including details of how any losses are to be funded.  However any punishment is limited to embargo and budgets, so no change there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Except that we are coming up to the 31 March FFP deadline for future financial information, including details of how any losses are to be funded.  However any punishment is limited to embargo and budgets, so no change there.

Yes, I excluded that from my answer to @exAtyeoMax regarding 'how long this might take' as I didn't thing the outcome was potentially terminal. But yes that is going to be an interesting deadline. 

Is there scope for discretionary exemption from that deadline? 

• Like 1