IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, end of season, May or June I reckon.

Good question, but thought the -15 was linked to exiting in the incorrect manner or below minimum EFL requirements. Proof of funds surely but they let Derby under Mel start...all depends on how long MSD keep wanting to put it in but probably sales and further cuts too.

Unsure what happens if they begin in Administration having already been docked 12 in the season of it.

Essentially, IIRC the EFL said in a recent statement that no club can a) Start two successive seasons in Administration or b) Spend more than 18 months in an unbroken period in Administration.

My understanding was that they could start next season in admin as they weren't in admin at the start of this season.

Of course they would still have to prove they have funds to continue after this season 's funding runs out. Which still means the only real solution is to find a buyer pronto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah right.

Think I was getting muddled and thinking the -15 would be for starting next season in admin. If instead it is linked to exiting Admin in an 'unapproved' manner then perhaps that encourages Quantuma to drag Admin out for as long as possible?

Regardless, I suspect there is actually not too much (relative) pressure to get this sorted until the off season.

'Unapproved' manner or not hitting the requirements ie minimum 25% to HMRC, same to Unsecured Creditors, Quantuma will surely insist on full payment, few million more.

Football Creditors is an interesting one, would seeking to stiffing these result merely in - 15 or would it be a dealbreaker, resulting in expulsion! Regardless it needs meeting in full but the EFL can withhold Central Awards as required of course.

43 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Except that we are coming up to the 31 March FFP deadline for future financial information, including details of how any losses are to be funded.  However any punishment is limited to embargo and budgets, so no change there.

The June Orders also said that Accounts for 2020/21 onwards either needed submitting if out of Administration or publishing through alternative arrangements if not. March 31st is their deadline for this too.

Then there is for P&S purposes the Projections for THIS season along with the last however many years of Restated Accounts, either the start or end of March.

30 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Is there any rules for how quickly they can enter administration a second time? Given the level of debt and lack of assets and amount due to HMRC that might be their best bet 

Would be good to know!

Would hope that this same Embargo conditions etc remain, indeed remain in the relevant form until all outstanding issues sorted to the satisfaction of the EFL.

Back in admin? - 12 again, crippling Embargo and could they again rely on MSD??

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

My understanding was that they could start next season in admin as they weren't in admin at the start of this season.

Of course they would still have to prove they have funds to continue after this season 's funding runs out. Which still means the only real solution is to find a buyer pronto.

Yeah that's mine too.

Agreed, although worth noting that Mel Morris wouldn't give the EFL certain guarantees, according to Nixon anyway last July or August. Had that been funding then they in some ways have got off lightly, see Dale and Bury.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Football Creditors is an interesting one, would seeking to stiffing these result merely in - 15 or would it be a dealbreaker, resulting in expulsion!

IIRC from my reading of the Regs and EFL Articles, the default is expulsion, with discretion to be less punitive than that.

Remember, they are right now under Notice of expulsion - that is automatic upon entry into Admin - effectively the EFL has been constantly postponing that expulsion for the last 6 months.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

The most important thing for the EFL is ensuring Derby finish this seasons fixtures, they will delay, ignore, postpone to make sure this happens.

Once that is done the gloves could well come off.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

So you’re saying they need the Loan Arranger and Pronto, kemosabe. :)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Take it away George!!!!!

Hrmm!

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

I can’t believe they ripped off the baseline from Start by The Jam. Shocking 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

From the Forest forum- made me laugh!

Candy Crush Land, you say? And the tinny, sinister music playing over the rotten turnstiles as a group of youths sneak into this derelict "theme park" of doom?

… Who can make a club die (who can make a club die)
Sell off all the youth (sell off all the youth)
Make bad enemies of a chairman or two

Oh the Candy Mel can (the Candy Mel can)
The Candy Mel can 'cause he cooked all the books
And made your world cave in (made your world cave in)

… Oh who can take tomorrow (who can take tomorrow)
Smash up all your dreams (Smash up all your dreams)
Leave you feeling sorrow and a big tax bill
… The Candy Mel (the Candy Mel)

Oh the Candy Mel can (the Candy Mel can)
The Candy Mel can 'cause he had you all on strings
And then destroyed D*rby (then destroyed D*rby)

Their demise of Derby thread. An entertaining read certainly that thread.

On a more serious note, their view is that a Preferred Bidder can be named by the end of the week/Friday I think.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-rams-efl-6851354

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From the Forest forum- made me laugh!

Their demise of Derby thread. An entertaining read certainly that thread.

On a more serious note, their view is that a Preferred Bidder can be named by the end of the week/Friday I think.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-rams-efl-6851354

So, happy to leak news that sounds positive, but not the other way around.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The word "deadline" has lost all meaning in terms of the Derby matter. It now lies in a grave alongside the word "imminent". The English language is the real victim in all of this.

Maybe they’d be better served swapping the word believe with hope and hope they’re in a position to announce. 

Although it seems Derby's fans think once they have someone willing to buy the club they’ll immediately be able to start signing players. And are assuming HMRC will say they’d be delighted with only 25% 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Got my last post slightly wrong, apparently by Friday or next Monday they are due to decide on the Preferred Bidder, obviously present it to EFL etc. Maybe name/announce a week or 2 later once EFL satisfied.

I can’t wait.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I enjoyed this post on DCFC.

image.thumb.png.bb0f3a1b3d414192ee0ca8def0bb09ed.png

Quantuma have bought in an academic to help explain the situation spoken to clarify the situation.......

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Quantuma have bought in an academic to help explain the situation spoken to clarify the situation.......

Are you sitting comfybold two square on your botty, then we'll begin .....

(four points, and a full government pension if you know what that's from)

Edited by slartibartfast

Thanks for the amusement catching up on a couple of weeks worth of posts on this thread. Pretty confident some of you lot spend more than time Quantuma looking into us. 

According to the Daily Telegraph 3 live bids in ahead of tomorrow with Appleby - always known to be one of the still interested three previously - fighting to be able to be able to get a fourth in place. However the bids would still incur a deduction next season as expected.

The three current bids without Appleby being one is a little perplexing. Unfounded rumours have mentioned Mel's name which I fear would lead to me spontaneously combusting. Anyway, expect a preferred bidder to be announced in the next 12 months.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Derby_Ram said:

Thanks for the amusement catching up on a couple of weeks worth of posts on this thread. Pretty confident some of you lot spend more than time Quantuma looking into us. 

According to the Daily Telegraph 3 live bids in ahead of tomorrow with Appleby - always known to be one of the still interested three previously - fighting to be able to be able to get a fourth in place. However the bids would still incur a deduction next season as expected.

The three current bids without Appleby being one is a little perplexing. Unfounded rumours have mentioned Mel's name which I fear would lead to me spontaneously combusting. Anyway, expect a preferred bidder to be announced in the next 12 months.

12 months is comfortably within Quantuma's definition of imminent after all.?

• Haha 3

The idea of Morris being involved in one or more of the bids is nothing short of bizarre, but completely unsurprising. 

The current rule (and I only know this from here) of you can not have two bankruptcies, in theory I guess, means he could be back. However imagine the EFL being told that Morris is a backer of the preferred bid, when they have stopped laughing, the scramble to the rule book would be fun to watch. Also any thought of HMRC cutting them a deal outside of time to pay can be completely discarded. 

The other thing that I would be wondering is how close to not meeting EFL membership requirements will the bid be! -15 seems to be the expectation. However this now strikes me as the game of chicken being played is at do or die and at what level are the EFL going to bend their rules for Derby under pressure from politicians et al! 

51 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The idea of Morris being involved in one or more of the bids is nothing short of bizarre, but completely unsurprising. 

The current rule (and I only know this from here) of you can not have two bankruptcies, in theory I guess, means he could be back. However imagine the EFL being told that Morris is a backer of the preferred bid, when they have stopped laughing, the scramble to the rule book would be fun to watch. Also any thought of HMRC cutting them a deal outside of time to pay can be completely discarded. 

The other thing that I would be wondering is how close to not meeting EFL membership requirements will the bid be! -15 seems to be the expectation. However this now strikes me as the game of chicken being played is at do or die and at what level are the EFL going to bend their rules for Derby under pressure from politicians et al! 

Can't see the EFL bending any rules, particularly as they are answerable to 71 other clubs and one of the board members is a QC. This all has to be strictly by the book or repercussions will go on for years.

• Like 1