IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

20 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Let's cut the rubbish on bids.

There are none.

Any potential discussions are at a number at a point where the -15 would be a good outcome.

There is a big salary liability in 10 days, bigger than normal as there are end of contract and end of year bonuses.

There is also a bigger than normal PAYE/NIC liability on 22 July, not only the tax/NIC on the enhanced June pay, but also the NIC liability on the taxable benefits provided which are generally vast due to Agents Fees and the like.

Currently there is no cash to pay any of the above.

Most of the established first team players are out looking for new deals elsewhere.  Yes they are desperate to stay, but a new championship contract will be sadly more appealing, and unfortunately they have liabilities and WAGs and kids to pay for ...

If and only if Derby can raise the funds to pay for the above, in reality they will have too few players to compete, as I have said before sadly either a quick short painless death or a long slow painful one.

Seems the circus might roll on? Using loans to sign players when no accounts in 3 years in the public domain, an HMRC debt of £36m as well as all the other issues- it is an interesting look not least for the credibility of the League!

Apologies- someone else already posted it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Monkeh said:

Also I'm pretty sure they are only able to sign free players,

And with what's going on who in their right mind will move there with the possibility of not actually getting paid or even a guarantee of starting the season

Barkhuizen and a Rotherham defender might have deals lined up although could be Twitter chat- yes it would be frees, in theory could they circumvent yet further and have Everton and Man Utd loan them some young players at no cost given the Rooney connection.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Also I'm pretty sure they are only able to sign free players,

And with what's going on who in their right mind will move there with the possibility of not actually getting paid or even a guarantee of starting the season

A Derby supporting colleague of mine says that they have a total of 5 (FIVE) first team players currently under contract.

7 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

A Derby supporting colleague of mine says that they have a total of 5 (FIVE) first team players currently under contract.

Add Byrne and Buchanan to that given reported contract options (although Buchanan or his reps are disputing this)- but the Retained List shows a number of scholars or young players theoretically available to play too- so no need for new signings while in admin!

Suggested in that BBC article too that rules need to be changed to allow them to sign players too. A good compromise might be get all of your financials in to the EFL up to last season- all done in the correct format- and we can discuss.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Add Byrne and Buchanan to that given reported contract options (although Buchanan or his reps are disputing this)- but the Retained List shows a number of scholars or young players theoretically available to play too- so no need for new signings while in admin!

Suggested in that BBC article too that rules need to be changed to allow them to sign players too. A good compromise might be get all of your financials in to the EFL up to last season- all done in the correct format- and we can discuss.

I'm pretty sure the rules around this is they can sign unattached players to make up a squad of 23 +2 goalkeepers,

My main point is what player in their right mind will go there with all the uncertainty 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

I'm pretty sure the rules around this is they can sign unattached players to make up a squad of 23 +2 goalkeepers,

My main point is what player in their right mind will go there with all the uncertainty 

Within agreed parameters set by EFL…parameters we don’t know….but I’d be amazed if they let Derby register any new players at this point.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Barkhuizen and a Rotherham defender might have deals lined up although could be Twitter chat- yes it would be frees, in theory could they circumvent yet further and have Everton and Man Utd loan them some young players at no cost given the Rooney connection.

Be surprised if Utd or Everton want to send players, even as a favour.

'What did you learn this week?'

'Well, on the pitch, 3 new corner routines, and the importance of tracking back, off the pitch, a lady who works in the kitchen is about to be made homeless because she hasn't been paid in weeks. Can I come home?'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Within agreed parameters set by EFL…parameters we don’t know….but I’d be amazed if they let Derby register any new players at this point.

Agreed. They actually in fact wanted to retain and add to their squad in January which I imagine caused a lot of anger among other clubs to say the least. They can fall back on young players and scholars and only then should signings  under very strict limits be considered if they need 2-3 more IMO.- maybe make it conditional on compliance with some regulations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would have thought the minimum requirement before they can sign players would be proof of funding sufficient to ensure they can complete the season.

A loan to pay the June wages doesn't cut it at all.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They're going to go aren't they?

Sad to see it happen to any club but flouting the rules etc etc.

The two things people can't avoid in life, are death and taxes, it seems Derby have been avoiding one which may well end up with the other.

Sad but they should be treated as Bury were IMHO.

How long until we see the book: Derby County: (Yet Another) Warning From History

or maybe: Ram, Hell, Thank You Mel!!

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed. They actually in fact wanted to retain and add to their squad in January which I imagine caused a lot of anger among other clubs to say the least. They can fall back on young players and scholars and only then should signings  under very strict limits be considered if they need 2-3 more IMO.- maybe make it conditional on compliance with some regulations.

Aren't there limits on the number of games scholars can play in a given period though?

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I would have thought the minimum requirement before they can sign players would be proof of funding sufficient to ensure they can complete the season.

Totally agree, but is that stopping Quantuma from trying?

Nixon just said if it comes with a guarantee of funding for the season. Think based on that tweet Quantuma's plan is to get a loan in order to fund June wages, fund putting season tickets on sale and then sign players with some revenue streams- how you can sell season tickets in their position- well it is unusual?

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Aren't there limits on the number of games scholars can play in a given period though?

Are there? Can be upgraded I read somewhere- will be honest not too familiar with that side of things.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, EFL are pushing for that.  Starting to come to a head me thinks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are there? Can be upgraded- will be honest not too familiar with that side of things.

I seem to recall it was an issue for Bolton who were playing kids until their problems were sorted. Not allowed to play two games a week or some such.

• Thanks 1

Looking at how it it stumbling along, do we think that even if the funding for the season and the roadmap out somehow materialises, that Quantuma will even be able to hit the March 2023 final final deadline to get a compliant takeover over the line?

It's about halfway into the period given it was mid-late September 2021- and that in itself creates a potential issue as no EFL club can be in admin for more than 18 months- and if it came to that, both the top end and bottom end of League 1 could be thrown into disarray if Derby were suspended/ejected during March 2023, results, remaining fixtures and seasonal record expunged etc.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How will the administrator get paid if they have sold everything and none of the people supposedly waiting in the wings think they have done a good job and don't think they offer anything like fair value?

Oh dear.....?

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, SBB said:

At this point I’m more concerned about the future of this thread than I am Derby, it’s been a bloody good read. 

Gives War & Peace and Lord of the Rings a run for their money!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

That is wrong on every level. No political party should get involved in a situation like this. They are grasping at straws.

It won't happen as that would be state aid which would see English clubs banned from European comps such as the champions league

• Like 1

I’m so fed up with this charade. Mike Ashley playing chicken with the league and HMRC knowing he will have some backing in Westminster. 

Appelby trying to raise money, but clearly can’t get enough  

The EFL bending over backwards as the pressure on them to throw the integrity of the competition and it’s rules out of the window by MPs and others. 

Now the specter of Derby starting the season in admin, again having to get statements to show the club can be funded in administration, with a playing staff amounting to five 19 year olds!

• Like 2

I raised a point about the relative lack of transparency of the EFL Insolvency Policy- ie the detail the other day. Found and looked at it again, this Tweet from Kieran Maguire back in April- it certainly isn't in the public domain this stuff! Perhaps it shouldn't be but can't help but think it's not great governance to keep it hidden?

The specifics of it certainly are not within the public domain or easily accessible- section 9.5.7...I looked through back in April the entire EFL Regulations for 2021/22 and this was nowhere to be seen I think.

Maybe it's contained within their Articles of Association or obscure bit of their site or some such :dunno:- the EFL that is- but it's not readily accessible or easy to find even if it is.