IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

17 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

That is wrong on every level. No political party should get involved in a situation like this. They are grasping at straws.

With £30m+ owed to HMRC, any involvement by the Govt in "brokering" a deal that involved the buyer paying a fraction of that debt would surely cause an absolute 5h!tstorm!

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

With £30m+ owed to HMRC, any involvement by the Govt in "brokering" a deal that involved the buyer paying a fraction of that debt would surely cause an absolute 5h!tstorm!

Totally agree- although Nixon seems adamant that some kind of deal has been done HMRC wise, depends how big a % too doesn't it?

I think they should be paid in full- £35m last time I saw- Kieran Maguire suggested 80%, someone on the Derby forum suggested one of the bids was 50% over 3 years. However yes given Mel Morris donated to the Conservative Party in 2017- albeit once and not a lot- what can be ruled out here.

Ironically Quantuma themselves wrote a piece early into Covid on their website which suggested that HMRC had to be paid in full.

To clarify my point slightly, Derby and HMRC may agree a deal but I am surprised that nobody in the media considers the Tory donation of Mel Morris in 2017 to be of relevance given he still is playing an integral role here. Any Government involvement and...well.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno if this has been posted but Supporters Groups are now asking Kwasi Kwarteng to intervene.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/supporters-groups-send-letter-to-kwasi-kwarteng/

Have they tried contacting Nadine?

Presumably she's optimistic that they'll still be available to play in the T20 blast next season?

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Totally agree- although Nixon seems adamant that some kind of deal has been done HMRC wise, depends how big a % too doesn't it?

I think they should be paid in full- £35m last time I saw- Kieran Maguire suggested 80%, someone on the Derby forum suggested one of the bids was 50% over 3 years. However yes given Mel Morris donated to the Conservative Party in 2017- albeit once and not a lot- what can be ruled out here.

Ironically Quantuma themselves wrote a piece early into Covid on their website which suggested that HMRC had to be paid in full.

To clarify my point slightly, Derby and HMRC may agree a deal but I am surprised that nobody in the media considers the Tory donation of Mel Morris in 2017 to be of relevance given he still is playing an integral role here. Any Government involvement and...well.

@Mr Popodopolous If any sweetheart deal has or will be done with HMRC there will be hell to pay in the country generally and not just amongst supporters of other clubs.

IF, a deal in done I would be saying to SL for example, fill your boots and don’t bother paying the taxman you will get away with it as a precedent has been set.

Also, ANY, political party that gets involved in this and tries to influence are utterly insane.

For me time is up - liquidate them.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

11 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

@Mr Popodopolous If any sweetheart deal has or will be done with HMRC there will be hell to pay in the country generally and not just amongst supporters of other clubs.

IF, a deal in done I would be saying to SL for example, fill your boots and don’t bother paying the taxman you will get away with it as a precedent has been set.

Also, ANY, political party that gets involved in this and tries to influence are utterly insane.

For me time is up - liquidate them.

This. My VAT is due at the end of the month and I wonder what would happen if I only paid 25% of the bill and told HMRC I was a bit strapped for the rest......................................

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps the HMRC deal is all of the money but over 10 years or something.

It’s like death by a thousand cuts, this sorry saga. It’s clear they’ve got no money, no ground and no chance. The EFL have been strung along for far too long now, it’s time to put them out of their misery. The EFL’s credibility tank is running on fumes now. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think we can dismiss nixon at this point after the ck debacle 

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yep. Be made to actually go to their games.

Ahh! I forgot that bit. When I say I support City, I mean that I actually go and support them. Rovers seem to have always had the "supporters" that don't actually go to the games. Used to be found in Broadmead with their scarves on while, Rovers were playing a mile and a half down the road.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Watch their fans turn on their heroes now.

Already happened, old news on their forum.

Biggest concern now seems to be the two pre-season matches arranged.  Away at Bradford and Stevenage.  Still no acceptance that they will be lucky to paddle in that pool, let alone League One next season.

I'd post a link to their forum, but it won't work.  The Administration Thread - Page 2175 - Derby County Forum - DCFC Fans

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Already happened, old news on their forum.

Biggest concern now seems to be the two pre-season matches arranged.  Away at Bradford and Stevenage.  Still no acceptance that they will be lucky to paddle in that pool, let alone League One next season.

I'd post a link to their forum, but it won't work.  The Administration Thread - Page 2175 - Derby County Forum - DCFC Fans

I only have a look at their forum occasionally as the entitlement, ignorance of the rules, special pleading and conspiracy theories get a bit wearing.?

• Admin

Interesting post over there:

Just reading what happened with Rangers.  "If a player wishes to object to being transferred to the new owner his contract of employment would immediately come to an end leaving him with no contract, no dismissal and no right to compensation from either old club or new club

"Both the club and the player are then free from their contractual obligations."

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting post over there:

Just reading what happened with Rangers.  "If a player wishes to object to being transferred to the new owner his contract of employment would immediately come to an end leaving him with no contract, no dismissal and no right to compensation from either old club or new club

"Both the club and the player are then free from their contractual obligations."

I wonder if the fact that Rangers were liquidated by HMRC means there is no direct comparison with Derby as it stands though. Yet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

there is no direct comparison with Derby as it stands though. Yet.

The rules apply to a 'Transfer of an Undertaking' so until 'NewCo' appears agreed, until then the players are bound by their contracts.

The TUPE rules allow an individual to refuse the transfer to a NewCo or to treat the contract as ending through breach of contract on the transfer.

So in reality there is a case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4