IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

3 hours ago, Hxj said:

No further penalty.  Just get thrown out of the league if in Administration for 18 months.

Further sanctions will arise if:

1. Exit Administration with unpaid football creditors - expulsion

2. Exit Administration and unsecured creditors paid less than 25%, or less than 35% over three years - minus 15 points

3. Fail to pay wages before 30 June 2023 - 3 point penalty plus any other appropriate penalty for offence

4. Fail to meet FFP for years to 2022 - Who knows

And then there's the one the EFL seem to make up as they go.

The EFL supposedly retain sanctions against clubs who exit administration but in having done so have gained an advantage over their peers where secured debt is not repaid in full. It's said this is usually in the form of further transfer embargoes but I don't think there's a hard and fast rule as to how these are calculated. Suppose the New Derby emerge having done (by agreement) HMRC out of £20m. Is there a time Vs cost calculation as to how this isn't 'repaid' (sic)? There couldn't be a blanket embargo as Derby wouldn't have a playing squad with which to continue, so what might be the punishment?

Seems to me the EFL are as duplicitous as some of their members. For example, in response to Derby fans questioning why Derby were denied access to emergency Covid loans the EFL correctly responded they weren't, Derby didn't apply for them. Of course what the EFL didn't widely publicise was for Derby to have applied for the new loans they'd have to have consolidated all existing football related loans AND demonstrated they had means to repay the consolidated loans, which Derby clearly weren't in a position to do. 

Derby fans will be heartened to learn of Clowes 'Principle Activity & Business Model' from the Holding Group's strategic report: 

"The group’s principal activities are the acquisition of land, buildings 
and property to achieve development sales. Properties are rented out 
whilst the group seeks appropriate opportunities and permissions to 
develop individual properties on the sites on which they are located. 
The group always considers reasonable offers for all of its properties, 
but has the financial strength that it will never be a forced seller. If the 
group considers there is substantial long-term value in a property, 
it will retain the asset until the right opportunity to sell or re-develop 
the property arises and can afford to carry all assets indefinitely"

What might possibly go wrong?

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 4

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Thought his salary was paid by a betting company. 32Red.com or something. 

When he first signed as a player 32Red happened to sponsor Derby for about the same amount as Rooney was paid. He also happened to wear 32. But 32Red never directly paid his wages.

• Haha 2

My understanding is that Rooney is not happy with the Clowes takeover.

The Clowes family run a very successful property business, very well, very carefully and very astutely.  They are simply funding the continued existence, there is little extra money for development and cost cutting (probably the Category 1 Academy) is required.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hxj said:

My understanding is that he is not happy with the Clowes takeover.

The Clowes family run a very successful property business, very well, very carefully and very astutely.  They are simply funding the continued existence, there is little extra money for development and cost cutting (probably the Category 1 Academy) is required.

Why would a well run club pay a League One manager £4-5m pa? Perhaps they asked him to walk and he did the decent thing. His £80-90Kpw would pay a whole team at that level, with Liam Rosenior as an adequate manager.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why would a well run club pay a League One manager £4-5m pa? Perhaps they asked him to walk and he did the decent thing. His £80-90Kpw would pay a whole team at that level, with Liam Rosenior as an adequate manager.

Spoke to a friend this evening about this very thing. Friend was a Derby player years ago. He didn't exactly rule out Liam as a replacement 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Spoke to a friend this evening about this very thing. Friend was a Derby player years ago. He didn't exactly rule out Liam as a replacement 

I’ve now read on the BBC website that Quantuma asked Rooney to stay on. Seems odd, if they’re acting for the creditors.

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

A higher value for the Club with, rather than without WR, plus more likelihood of soon to be out of contract players staying on?

With his contract costing them £4-5m pa in League One? Guaranteed future loss surely?

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

With his contract costing them £4-5m pa in League One? Guaranteed future loss surely?

Wasn’t that (effectively) being paid by the sponsors?

Will they stay, now WR has gone?

Obviously, I have no idea, but I should imagine they will now lose out on some SKY live match coverage, with its associated fees, and, presumably, other potential sponsorship, thus reducing the Club’s overall value.

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wasn’t that (effectively) being paid by the sponsors?

Will they stay, now WR has gone?

Obviously, I have no idea, but I should imagine they will now lose out on some SKY live match coverage, with its associated fees, and, presumably, other potential sponsorship, thus reducing the Club’s overall value.

IIRC, 32red were already Derby's shirt sponsor, but when he signed they agreed to increase the sponsorship deal in return for Rooney wearing shirt no.32. The increase in the annual sponsorship deal was (conveniently) the amount of Rooney's annual wage. As the sponsor was paying DCFC, not Rooney, it sidestepped any problems with third party ownership of the player.

Funny that the increase in sponsorship was for the amount of WR's wages and the valuation of Pride Park enabled a profit on "sale" sufficient to clear their ffp problems! :whistle:

I'm guessing that, as Rooney is no longer with the club, if 32red remain as shirt sponsor the deal will revert to the value it was prior to WR's signing  - or , of course a lesser amount if they had a relegation clause in the sponsorship contract!  

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

David Clowes has bid accepted for Derby County as Liam Rosenior is put in interim charge - BBC Sport

Amazing how quickly this has happened. 

Why did Quantuma waste so much time on pointless bids up to now? They really don`t deserve to get paid.

My guess is Clowes bought the stadium on the basis of Quantuma's assurance that Kirchner's deal for the club would go through. Clowes could then collect the rent. I don't think Clowes was interested in buying the club at that stage.

Quite why anybody would be convinced by either Quantuma or Kirchner is a mystery we may never get the answer to.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chinapig said:

My guess is Clowes bought the stadium on the basis of Quantuma's assurance that Kirchner's deal for the club would go through. Clowes could then collect the rent. I don't think Clowes was interested in buying the club at that stage.

Quite why anybody would be convinced by either Quantuma or Kirchner is a mystery we may never get the answer to.

it`s like the changing of the seasons or the tides of the sea.

Seems rather appropriate really.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

It will be interesting if Clowes changes his mind after looking at the books!