IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

I hope this works out, as long as the creditors and, most importantly, HMRC, get paid in full.

Anything else is completely unacceptable and opens the floodgates to more Mel Morris’s.

On the current situation that the country is in there will be an utter outcry if the Government is seen to be helping fund a football club - and rightly so.

8 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I hope this works out, as long as the creditors and, most importantly, HMRC, get paid in full.

Anything else is completely unacceptable and opens the floodgates to more Mel Morris’s.

On the current situation that the country is in there will be an utter outcry if the Government is seen to be helping fund a football club - and rightly so.

The government can't help as it breaches the state and rules by fifa and uefa, which would see England banned from international tournaments and domestic clubs banned from Europe, I think

16 hours ago, chinapig said:

My guess is Clowes bought the stadium on the basis of Quantuma's assurance that Kirchner's deal for the club would go through. Clowes could then collect the rent. I don't think Clowes was interested in buying the club at that stage.

Quite why anybody would be convinced by either Quantuma or Kirchner is a mystery we may never get the answer to.

Or..... if the deal for the club doesn't go through what better a Derby fan crying crocodile tears bemoaning he tried his best to save his beloved club but where's he now going to find a property developer to take Pride Park off his hands?

(Looks in the mirror .....)

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He'll go to better club then us I think davef imo

Yeah I expect so, has had awful luck with ACL injuries though so hopefully he's past them.

Apparently Derby are willing to let him out on loan but don't want to sell which seems a bit odd considering their situation...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-krystian-bielik-transfer-7222537

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wages will be far too high for Lg1, so I guess they think they’ll get some mug to loan him and pay wages whilst they get back to the Champ!!!

I suspect new owners will have a different view to the administrators!

They still think that they can have their cake, and eat it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Although it’s only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it at the end of the day 

Exactly, but why in the last few months would an asset lose 75% of its supposed value? Derby should be made to demonstrate a valid reason for the depreciation, given they went to such lengths to argue it was worth £81m to bolster their FFP/ P&S position when all knew that was cock and bull.

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Exactly, but why in the last few months would an asset lose 75% of its supposed value? Derby should be made to demonstrate a valid reason for the depreciation, given they went to such lengths to argue it was worth £81m to bolster their FFP/ P&S position when all knew that was cock and bull.

Especially since DCFC didn't receive a penny of the £81m.

Though the EFL did object but an independent commission found in Derby's favour so it's hard to see what else the EFL could do now.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Seems to include some kind of debt write off of £59m for the balance? Not looked properly for a while but Kieran Maguire suggested it.

On the plus side Couhig hasn't gone away- good.

Think he's a bit kind to the Derby fans tbh- of them, although easy to say, if he read DCFCFans he might form a different view about a good chunk.

On a serious note, I don't see too much wrong in what he said here? 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems to include some kind of debt write off of £59m for the balance? Not looked properly for a while but Kieran Maguire suggested it.

On the plus side Couhig hasn't gone away- good.

Think he's a bit kind to the Derby fans tbh- of them, although easy to say, if he read DCFCFans he might form a different view about a good chunk.

On a serious note, I don't see too much wrong in what he said here? 

Just an accounting write off for Morris. In truth it's no write off at all.

Think of something you've bought. Tell the world it's now worth 10 times as much. Sell it for purchase price. Huge write down your side but your actual loss? 

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Just an accounting write off for Morris. In truth it's no write off at all.

Think of something you've bought. Tell the world it's now worth 10 times as much. Sell it for purchase price. Huge write down your side but your actual loss? 

It’s an accounting trick the wealthy use with art. Buy it, have it “valued” at a much higher price and then donate it somewhere. The tax write off is higher than the original purchase price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well well so he is the man Kieran Maguire was talking about as being involved in football and close to the club when people were asking who paid the wages. And now he can't get the money back from Kirchner it seems.

A man with a chequered past plus a bit of a shyster in Kirchner. Rooney needs to choose his friends more carefully.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Well well so he is the man Kieran Maguire was talking about as being involved in football and close to the club when people were asking who paid the wages. And now he can't get the money back from Kirchner it seems.

A man with a chequered past plus a bit of a shyster in Kirchner. Rooney needs to choose his friends more carefully.

…guess that is why loyal-Wayne left WRDC then!

The debtor for the Stadium in the Football Club accounts does not appear in the Administrator's paperwork.  It must therefore have been paid off before Administration, more than likely by cash circulating from Morris to the Stadium Group to the Football Club, and back up through the ownership chain to Morris.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

From the Derby forum ?.

Typical, isn't it? All these agents sapping the game dry, and the one time an agent puts money into a club he gets punished for it.

I wonder if Quantuma were aware of this breach of the Agents' Code of Practice.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From the Derby forum ?.

Typical, isn't it? All these agents sapping the game dry, and the one time an agent puts money into a club he gets punished for it.

I wonder if Quantuma were aware of this breach of the Agents' Code of Practice.

Well, Derby fans have a history of being happy to have rule breakers associated with their club after all.

These are the people who worshipped Morris (ha ha, EFL on strings style) and thought Kirchner, a transparently iffy character, was their saviour.

Plus there was talk of Stretford being on the Board. No conflict of interest there then.

I assume Quantuma were just desperate for the money so didn't think twice.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Wayne Rooney's agent Paul Stretford agent settles with 16 players over ‘secret payments’ | Daily Mail Online

I know it's desperate times for Derby, but reading his wikipedia page, is this really the man you want involved in your club?

Paul Stretford - Wikipedia

And...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/29/paul-stretford-wayne-rooney-football-association

Would have fitted right in at Derby then.?

• Like 1

Just now, chinapig said:

Loyal as in loyal to Stretford. Who'd have guessed?

Isn't it the case though, that an Agent can't act for the player , and the club?

A bit of a conflict of interest. Plus an agent paying the wages of players that he doesn't represent? That's a minefield of probable rule breaking.

No wonder the EFL are looking into it all.

Derby just can't bring themselves to do the right thing at anytime can they? Their reputation as a club is in tatters now with the authorities. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Isn't it the case though, that an Agent can't act for the player , and the club?

A bit of a conflict of interest. Plus an agent paying the wages of players that he doesn't represent? That's a minefield of probable rule breaking.

Derby just can't bring themselves to do the right thing at anytime can they? Their reputation as a club is in tatters now with the authorities. 

Actually it is allowed I think though it shouldn't be imo.

An agent on a club's Board is another level though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep, happens all the time…whether it should be is another matter.